Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Too much time on my hands...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too much time on my hands...

Ok...

We've discussed stupid things we did, (or do..) we've discussed what we do for bombing money, how 'bout who is the most bored, underworked, etc...I'll go first...

I spend 8-9 hrs a day making sure the anti war crowd doesn't attack the company I work for... I'm busy 2 weeks every spring and fall...rest of time is spent watching the weirdos here in the city...Hoss would relate..

Is everyone else as s-l-o-w workwise???
Old 08-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re:Too much time on my hands...

Sounds like good work ,if you can get it.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:52 PM

Don't feel too bad. Next month on the 16th I will be having some surgery done on my neck and the doctor told me to figure on at least 3 months off!!! I have a pinched nerve that is giving me problems. No driving for the first week, 10lb weight restriction AND a cervical collar for the first six weeks too!! On the 26th my right shoulder will be operated on too for a torn rotator cuff. OH, this is going to be fun..............
Old 08-18-2003, 10:03 PM

[quote author=MnTom link=board=10;threadid=18563;start=0#msg174227 date=1061261579]
Don't feel too bad. Next month on the 16th I will be having some surgery done on my neck and the doctor told me to figure on at least 3 months off!!! I have a pinched nerve that is giving me problems. No driving for the first week, 10lb weight restriction AND a cervical collar for the first six weeks too!! On the 26th my right shoulder will be operated on too for a torn rotator cuff. OH, this is going to be fun..............
[/quote]

I had that neck surgery done back in August of last year, I had alot of pain and the surgery releived all of it immediately. Listen to the doc on the collar, wear it religously and you will heal fast and correct, forget about holding your head up while laying down for the first 6 months, trust me, you will find out. ;D
Old 08-19-2003, 01:28 AM
Banned

I wake up at 1 in the afternoon. My girlfriend comes over till 4:30. She goes to work. My friends come over around then. We eat dinner. We sit at my house until 1:30 or so in the morning. Everyone leaves. I get on the internet till 2 or 3. I also work at our land for like 3 hours a day everyother day for free for my parents. How much lazier do you want?
Old 08-19-2003, 08:02 AM

Im a drug dealer. Get up when I want sell as much as I want.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:13 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=FMF MX link=board=10;threadid=18563;start=0#msg174081 date=1061246983]Hoss would relate..[/quote]

Not really. While I DO have slow days now and then, I'm generally busy from the time I get here at 6:15 AM to the time I leave (between 5:00 and 6:30 PM). Then the evenings at home fly by. I always wish I had MORE time to get the things done that I need to get done. :
Old 08-19-2003, 12:19 PM

I'm a C.N.C.machinist for the worlds largest aircraft maker and usually have 5-7hrs a day "while getting paid" to read and converse on the internet "mainly DTR". Life is rough. ;D ;D

ramguy
Old 08-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im a Database Administrator at a regional medical center. The way things have worked out, Im in charge of the entire clinical system hardware and the database that runs on it.

In my office Im surrounded by three desktop monitors and two large plasma screens to monitor the different aspects of the system.

The duties are hit and miss. Im often VERY busy... then all gets quite for a while, then VERY busy again.
Its the nature of the job I guess. :

Rich.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:43 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chief Engineer/ Info Systems manager in a Rural Hospital.
From A:/ Drives to Urinals :
Old 08-19-2003, 07:18 PM

I get up when the sun comes up. I drive a tractor all day long. doing hay and ground work plus feeding cows and horses. sun goes down. I go to my shop and weld or fix the stuff people want me to. if anytime left I work on friends CTD's after that I come inside and talk to a list of guys in DTR chat. when a certin few people leave I go to bed and sleep.
thats my life
DM01
Old 08-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Chapter President

I get up at 6:30am, let the dogs out and head to the shop. At the shop I get ready for a day dealing with disgruntal cable tv customers. Some times come home and sit for a while while I wait for my next appointment but then back to the field. Get home around 7:30pm or 8 and make dinner for my fiance, who gets off at 9:00pm. Visit with her for a while (mostly about our upcoming wedding OCT. 4th) and sip cold adult beverages til around 11:00 go to bed and pass out. 6 days a week :-
Old 08-20-2003, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I get up around oh, five hundred, do the S,S&S thing (you service guys will know what that is), have my morning bowl-o-bran while catching up on the morning news, pat the doggiez a few times, pull on a few clothes, head out the door about oh, five forty-five, and point the vehicle towards the pit. Get to the pit around oh, six fifteen, get to the office about oh, six twenty, turn on the cornputer thing, catch up on a few logs from the past night to see what happened, and then look at the schedule for they days events. Set up meetings with vendors, lay out outage work, check the DTR for latest updates, and go to lunch around oh eleven hundred. Go back to work about oh, twelve hundred, do the same thing till about fifteen hundred and lock up and go to the shack. Sometimes, I go in and pick up a few zoomies just so I don't go through radiation withdrawal. There is never enough time or enough people to do what needs to get done so I just keep trying. SOme times I go over to the "OTHER" building and some times I go over to the other "OTHER" building to do a few things. That's about it for the day. Come back tomorrow and do it all over again.