Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tony Blair Got It Right!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Can we get back on track here?

The point is not spelling. The point is US borders need to be secured, we need to toss out people preaching hate, and we need to close down mosques that harbor terrorists or support terrorists.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and we need to make english our national language before President Bush can threaten any actions against such individuals that do not speak it.

how many realize english is not America's national language?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that erks* me so much...They come here and expect us to speak their language...stoping befor

*edit
Old 08-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How's this for pushing it one more step: DISD set to vote on bilingual proposal

Dallas: Plan would require some principals to learn Spanish

12:29 AM CDT on Wednesday, August 10, 2005

By TAWNELL D. HOBBS / The Dallas Morning News

The Dallas school board is planning to vote this month on a proposal that would require some principals to be bilingual.

Trustees discussed the plan Tuesday. It calls for principals at campuses where at least half of the students have been in limited English proficiency programs to learn the language spoken by the majority of students.

Trustee Joe May, who created the proposal, said such action is necessary to ensure that all parents can be involved with their child's school.

"One of the reasons that policies are needed is because the administration is not responsive to everyone," said Mr. May, who has received support from some Hispanic leaders.

Hispanic students make up about 65 percent of the Dallas Independent School District. Officials said in a June report that 89 schools would be affected. Of those, 37 do not have Spanish-speaking principals.

Under the proposal, the principals would have three years to attain language proficiency at the district's expense.

Trustee Hollis Brashear voiced concerns over the proposal. He said there is no data to show that the plan would increase parental involvement or help improve student performance.

"That's what we're here for – academic achievement," Mr. Brashear said.

A district analysis, which Mr. May called flawed, said the plan would not have much effect on student performance.

Mr. May believes the proposal would allow parents who don't speak English to communicate with their child's principal – and provide principals with a communication tool. He said the plan also would spur parental involvement.

Board President Lois Parrott said she is willing to look at the proposal because communities have to be reached in different ways.

"You cannot put just one system in place," Dr. Parrott said. "It has to be customized."

Superintendent Michael Hinojosa agreed.

"One size does not fit all in a system as large as Dallas," Dr. Hinojosa said.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by Geico266
The point is US borders need to be secured, we need to toss out people preaching hate, and we need to close down mosques that harbor terrorists or support terrorists.
Actually, that applies to many countries, not just the U.S. There needs to be a worldwide effort using as much force as possible to put an end to these extremists.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Banned

Heres my resolution......And Plan to fix the deficit.....Well Sell the bottom half of texas to mexico...That gives them more space...Less of them coming here

The map i mad of the future
Old 08-10-2005, 05:48 PM

We hang yankees for lesser offences down here.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by Dr. Evil
Actually, that applies to many countries, not just the U.S. There needs to be a worldwide effort using as much force as possible to put an end to these extremists.
Go Dr. Evil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Chapter President

I don't want to make this a political thread, but GW did finally say something I agree with him about on the swarm from south of the border. Something to the effect that if we help develop jobs down there, they will stay down there and quit coming up here taking jobs and overloading the medical facilities, welfare systems and Social Security. (I put the SS in there myself. )
Old 08-10-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by iker42
Heres my resolution......And Plan to fix the deficit.....Well Sell the bottom half of texas to mexico...That gives them more space...Less of them coming here

The map i mad of the future
I know them Texas boys are gonna have your wazzooo in a sling! Man you are asking for it! Remember Texas was once its own country. "Don't Mess With Texas" and all that stuff. It's the only state that can legally fly its state flag at the same height as the American flag. Just try burning a Texas flag in TX!
Old 08-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Banned

No offence to texas...I love texas...but we need to take control of thoes things...It was a joke afterall
Old 08-11-2005, 01:46 AM

Get a rope....