Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Should i tint the front side windows?
Tint em
89.80%
Leave em factory
10.20%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

To Tint.......or Not to Tint

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint em...

I would say go as dark as the law allows. I live without inspections, and just told a very reputable shop to match my rears, I guess it's legal...
Old 11-20-2007, 11:30 PM

id tint em!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:38 AM

Here is what I did to my 05 silver.
I did 35% on the front and have had it on or better than a year and have had no prob with getting pulled over.

Here is one web site to check on the tint law by state.
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/
Hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 AM

I tinted mine as dark as Texas law would let me. Then I had an eyebrow tinted up front. It keeps the truck cooler and cuts down on the glare.If it was illegal in my state ,I would not have done it. It is not worth it.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by bulabula
+1 on that; also check out any neighboring states that you frequent - thats how I was awarded a $100 fee for windows being too dark.
If your tint is legal in the state it's registered in then you shouldn't get a ticket.

I've heard some cops are bad about this in virgina. There was a big long discussion about it on another site I frequent and you'd be surprised at the cops in there that said they're within their rights to write a ticket in this case.. etc.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:28 AM

I run 5% here in NY on the front windows...the most thats legal is like 75%...basically what it leaves the factory with. I've never had a problem, and quite a few of the cops around here aren't that nice, I just lay low when they are around, and most cops are out to get kids or hot doggers screwing around being dangerous to themselves and others, they tend not to worry about how dark a window is unless they pull you over and you don't roll it down.

IF you get pulled over make sure your window is down before they get out of the car, I usually put my hands on the bottom of the window holding my license and registration, they always feel a bit safer if they can see your hands right away, after all, thats supposed to be the reason for window tint laws.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:06 PM

^^^+1 black those suckers out! Black windows on a silver truck looks awsome!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:03 PM

Oh yeah man, black them out. Here in cali 35% is the limit, I am running 20% and have not had a problem at all, but now that I say this I will get busted. I agree with roll down, just drop em when they come up or roll though if you really are that nervous. Do it.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Tint em, I have no trouble out of the law and mine are not legal.(not even close 5% on the sides and sun strip and 2.5% on the back) It will look great on a silver truck!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:42 PM

Don't do it. Leave it the way it is. Mine where tinted when I bought it. Best mod I've made was to get out the razor and take it off. Almost impossible to back up at night safely. It is definetely a Safety Hazard. If you are ever in an accident or hit a pedestrian you will probably get your butt sued. It may look cool, but is it worth someone's life if you hit a pedestrian?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:19 PM

Tint them. I've had every vehicle I've owned tinted for the past 20 years and I plan on doing all of my future vehicles the same way.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got 5% tint my front windows and haven't had a problem. Although I dont reccomend going that dark because it can be a real hazard at night unexpectedly. Go with 35% or so.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Iron Mike
Don't do it. Leave it the way it is. Mine where tinted when I bought it. Best mod I've made was to get out the razor and take it off. Almost impossible to back up at night safely. It is definetely a Safety Hazard. If you are ever in an accident or hit a pedestrian you will probably get your butt sued. It may look cool, but is it worth someone's life if you hit a pedestrian?
exactly, I almost hit a girl walking across a crosswalk when i was taking a turn, and she was literally a couple feet past my truck. This was right after I did the tint, i've gotten use to it now though, but dont recommend dark tint on the front.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 PM

I have everything tinted that ive ever owned. I dont try to get pulled over but if I do I roll the window down as fast as I can. I dont care to drive anything without tint because of the sun and bright lights from cars at night. I like the looks of it also on a vehicle.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:30 AM

Tint em. You will love it. I have mine tinted to 15%. Its about the same as the rear windows. I had the tint shop put 15% over all my windows along with the very top of my windsheild. Its dark inside but I love it. Yeah I'll admit at night, its difficult to see when backing up, but I just open up the back glass if I have to. Yeah you could get a ticket for them being to dark, but I just rollem down when I see a cop. I have had tint on every vehicle I have owned and I have never been in trouble for it. Just drive sanely and don't draw too much attention and you shouldn't have any trouble.

Quick Reply: To Tint.......or Not to Tint