Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Times like this I wish I had a BIG bumper! [video/road rage!]

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. What a jerk! (him of course). I would have reacted the same way....and I thought to myself when I watched your video...she MUST be italian! I loved her reaction. My wife wouldn't have said the bad word, but she'd be the first to yell at him in her own little southern accent. The only thing missing in the video was a shot out your back window blowing soot all over the front of that little ricer. I really missed seeing his headlights dissappear in the dark....but that would give diesels a bad name and start a whole new 14 page twist to your thread about how immature we are and that we are ruining the perspective of diesel engines in the eyes of the public. Most of the time uncalled for...this time...compelely neccessary!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned

I have had this exact thing happen to me for whatever reason and I no I diden't smoke the person because it was on stock, and had to lock up all six to avoid hitting him, however I did get in front and with the 6 I went from 3rd to 6th and basically shut down the inerstate for a few min and yes I know that wasen't the mature thing to do but it felt good anyway. Then the guys comes back for more gets on the side of me and throws a golf ball and hits my truck then so I get away from him by merging way to the left and speed up he catches me again and hits the truck again, his benz then got bombarded with full bottles of my favorite beverage. This all occured very late at night with nobody else on the road. I know it is bad rage but it was the heat of the moment thing.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Those are the times (especially with a video of HIS erratic driving) when a tag number and a cellphone call to 911 would put him in a far worse world of hurt than your NASCAR imitation could ever hope to.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:00 PM
rdc
Banned

That guy is a total Jack edit !!! One good thing about this whole incident is that now you know that your truck sounds great on tape !!!!!!!! that can't be stock exhaust ????
Old 12-21-2006, 06:56 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Begle1
Your wife has an awesome accent.
I didn't notice an accent...

back to topic, I think you should give you local authorities a call and see if they have an email address you can send them a link to your video.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:18 PM

looks like the BMW driver tried the "swoop and squat" menuver. its a common menuver used for insurance fraud.

basically the driver (bmw), passes you on the left or the right, and then hits the brakes in front of you. now considering that everything goes accordingly (which it didnt in this case), the other driver would be rear ended by you. since you would be driving the "striking" vehicle, you would be at fault. the other driver, inspite of having known before hand that he would be rear ended, would then hit your insurance for $$$. most likley, the other driver has a friend that would fix the car for free or for considerably less than what was paid by your insurance.

the result, you possibly get a ticket, possible points, and a higher insurance premium. the other driver, gets a pay advance courtesy of your insurance company.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:28 AM

Man, throwing golf ***** at your truck? I think my truck would have been wearing a benz for a scarf. He'd a been in the ditch for sure, screwing around on the highway is one thing, throwing golf ***** at a truck is asking for some hurt.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This reminds me of the time I almost got a new porsche bumber on my old truck.

I was on my way to work one morning, and there is and off-ramp(not an interstate highway) speed limit is about 35 in this area. Well anyways I merge over and am behind a little red porsche, well traffic comes to a stand-still. As it starts moving again I let out the clutch and start moving and this moron looks in his rearview and sees i'm really close(he's closer to the van in front of him than i was to him) so he starts brake checking me. I'm trying to ignore him and slow down and back off and he pulls away then does it again. This time I just started laughing as I get the mental picture off my truck parked on top of his car . He sees me laughing at him in his rearview and gets really ****** now. He decides he is gonna stop in the middle of the off-ramp and get out and come talk to me. He starts walking back towards my truck and I just look at him like bring it on buddy. I keep a maglite right in my drivers side door pocket just in case. I guess he decided it was not gonna go his way after he looked at my truck and the line off other cars behind me that would have help kick his *** for holding up traffic, and decided to get back in his car. I should have just put it in 4hi and jump the curb and went around the moron.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Banned

Wow. People are idiots. That is always the BEST thing to do...get out of your car and approach someone in a big ol' diesel truck.....what a ****! Fellas that have enough testosterone to drive a big ol' burley diesel 4x4 surely have enough to whip a yuppie in a porche's patute! What a moron! We need to figure out how to throw smoke forwards when they come to a stop....or about the time they get out of the car!!!!

I see now that masterphreak is from southern oregon...if driving there is anything like it was when I was in Seattle, screw it. I'm staying home!
Old 08-09-2007, 04:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by runamuk
Road rage is not the answer! Though I wish it were! I just get on the phone 911 and report them to the local Highway Patrol.
Road rage gets more and more people KILLED nowadays.

The Yuppie Bimmer driver was most likely DUI (under the Influence of who-the-hell-knows what ??).

Next time, just call 911, follow him at a SAFE distance and direct the Troopers to his location. Done it many, many, many times myself.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
his benz then got bombarded with full bottles of my favorite beverage.
NON-Alcoholic I hope.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:20 AM
DTR question asker

Keep the stories coming I love reading threads like this when I am.........(read my signature)
Old 08-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Ben

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Those are the times (especially with a video of HIS erratic driving) when a tag number and a cellphone call to 911 would put him in a far worse world of hurt than your NASCAR imitation could ever hope to.
Exactly.

"Hello 911 there is a drunk driver, (location, description, tag number), driving extremly erratic, he just weaved into my lane almost causing a collision. I am just trying to be a responsible citizen by reporting this before he causes a serious accident. Thank You"

You win
Old 08-09-2007, 01:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The one time I had to teach a Mustang GT a lesson, because he bright-lighted me, he got the picture the first time I fogged two lanes of the Interstate and didn't try to catch up to me for paybacks. It sure was satisfying to NOT be able to see his bright lights anymore due to the black cloud of smoke (Edge Drag Comp, 5x5, you know).
Never had anyone challenge me like your video when in my truck though. I guess the size intimidates them.

Chris