Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Thought my June couldnt get any worse then I had to put my Dog down

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thought my June couldnt get any worse then I had to put my Dog down

Well it started off when I tore the long head of my Bicep, doing the only thing I love at a submission grappeling class at my martial arts school. I finally get an MRI this saturday to see if I need surgery. This will tell me if I can ever train again or if Im done. As it stands I cant even work out for a minimum of 12+ weeks.
[IMG][/IMG]

The only good thing I got married on the 23rd. The 24th we came home to pack and my dog had a siezure and I rushed her to the emergency animal clinic. 5 hours later they tell me she has no plateletts in her blood and more than likely has Lymphoma.
But they think a few days of hospitilization and a heavy dose of steroids she will be around for another year. The next day we leave for our honeymoon, to Bermuda. But we are very woried about our dog, so two calls a day to the Vet. And one call she would be ok next not so good. This goes on till Thursday they tell me she looks good and they are sending her home. Well I was dumb enough to get my hopes up. Friday morning she was un-responsive and while breathing she did not look good. My house sitter and mom rushed her back to the vets. At this point they call me and see if I want to keep her on meds and wait till I see her for myself when I got home. At this point I had a serious conversation with the vet and he said I would nver have my dog back 100% even if they could save her. So while on my Honeymoon I had to have my dog put down and I couldnt even be there to say good bye.

To make matters worse beers were $6.90 for a 12 ounce bottle, so with the wedding bills, the $3200 vet bill, and the cost of the Honeymoon I couldnt even relax and get my drink on without fear of going broke.

Anyway Here is a pic of my 210lb English Mastiff Vanessa, put down June 29th at 6years 8 months old. And for those of you wondering I know most of you think of dogs as dogs but she was our little girl, and I cant stand coming home to an empty house without her.
[IMG][/IMG]

So July better be a much better month .
Old 07-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cried like a 2 year old when I put my Basset Hound down in April this year. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I also have a female English Mastiff, they are the greatest dogs known to man, truely gentle giants. We plan on getting a male in the fall. Hopefully things get better for you soon. Congrats on the wedding
Old 07-04-2007, 10:18 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear. Sure hope July is better to ya. Congrats on the marriage!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Banned

go out and buy a lottery ticket! when my luck is like your, i figure its bound to turn around and maybe ill hit it big. congrads on the marriage bud, but im sorry about your baby! i know how attached we become to our pets (children). your arm looks like it hurts too. you shouldve waited till you were married for a few years before trying to get some sympathy from the wife.

brett
Old 07-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Rye:

So sorry to hear about your you and your dog!

We definitely get attached to our pets, no doubt about that and when they pass away it hurts alot.

-------
John_P
Old 07-04-2007, 11:20 AM

RyeThomas

Sorry about your Vanessa. I have felt your pain. Sure looks like a sweet giant. I too lost my dog to cancer. Mastiff as well.

But congrats to you on your wedding.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:23 AM

Sorry about your dog. The hardest thing I ever did was putting our Rotty, Thor, down. Not having him greet me at the door was very hard. My wife and I have four "kids" now. They are all great, from 12 yo to 5 months. But there aren't many days that go by without missing Thor.

My thoughts are with you. Congrats on your marriage!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:21 PM

Hope your July is better

Rye here is a thought to you and yours and Vanessa, sorry for you loss

Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you ...
I loved you so----'twas Heaven here with you.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:03 PM

Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you ...
I loved you so----'twas Heaven here with you.[/QUOTE]

Been there. sorry about your baby.
TOMMY
Old 07-04-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Man, that's really rough...
Old 07-04-2007, 10:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, the one me and my wife have is like a daughter to us to. Congatulations on getting married, I got married on th 9th of june myself.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:44 PM

I know how you feel I had to put one of my huskies down last week, it is one of the hardest things I have done.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:27 AM

Had to do that w/ my cat a few years ago. Not a happy day for sure!!

Congrats on the marriage. Sorry you weren't there for our dyno day in Claremont but I'd take Bermuda over seeing some trucks blowing black smoke anyday!!
So I guess if someone wants to try and kick your butt, now is the time!?!?!?!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:23 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Rye,I am sorry to hear about your loss! May your memories of your precious Vanessa stay with you. The love you have for her will not be forgotten.
Congrats on your marriage!Sorry to hear about your bicep.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your dog. I had to do the same thing last Sept with my Bernese. He had lymphatic cancer as well. It's a tough one. I still get leaky thinking about him. Take some comfort with the fact that it was fairly quick with your dog and she didn't suffer long. It's really hard to watch them go downhill while you try in vain to give them some quality of life.

That arm looks nasty. Hope they can do something with it.

Last but not least; congrats on your marraige. May you and your bride stay on your honeymoon for the next 50 years.

Quick Reply: Thought my June couldnt get any worse then I had to put my Dog down