Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Things that make you go hmmm....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 09:10 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Things that make you go hmmm....

just got a call from a survey company about gas stations, the lady on the other end of the phone sounded like she was from one of those southern states.... another side affect of the "do not call" list?? all your telemarketers calling canada now.... I declined the interview.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife worked for a telemarketer for about 4 hrs (yes, that's hours!). She didn't know she was gonna be working in telemarketing...they told her they're a company that gives away hundreds of dollars worth of coupons to "preferred customers". Well, the details panned out...their "preferred customers" were a bunch of random people's names, phone numbers, and credit card numbers on a computer database...all of whom had no idea they were gonna be called and harrassed! We never did find out where or how they got all these people's private info. Not only that, this company hired felons and convicts w/o a background check! My wife worked right next to one. These are people who have abused the system, and they most likely will abuse it again w/ all those people's private info! Insane. Telemarketers are stupid.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its fun to play with those people
Old 12-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ratsun
Its fun to play with those people
Yes it is.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:19 PM

one name, Tom Mabe go listen to some of his stuff, hes got bunch of CDs out named "Revenged of the Telemarketer" hes hillarious, hes also on Bob and Tom sometimes if you all listen to them
Old 12-04-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
just got another call from them!! they are persistant......
Old 12-04-2004, 01:11 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

My dad use to go into his hair-lip routine when they called. He'd act interest in their products. It was hilarious to here them try to deccipher the credit card numbers he'd make up.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:46 PM

were a bunch of random people's names, phone numbers, and credit card numbers on a computer database...all of whom had no idea they were gonna be called and harrassed! We never did find out where or how they got all these people's private info.

Ever fill out a thing at the mall to win a new car or truck, like the one sitting in front of the drop box "fill out this card for your chance to win a new Tahoe" well that is one of the most popular ways for them to get your info!
Old 12-04-2004, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by Mark Thomas

Ever fill out a thing at the mall to win a new car or truck, like the one sitting in front of the drop box "fill out this card for your chance to win a new Tahoe" well that is one of the most popular ways for them to get your info!
Yea, I did for a boat once at a local mall and got a lot of calls for time shares. I went and toured one because they gave me $50 in gift cards and some decent 17"x24" nature prints.
Tom
Old 12-05-2004, 11:30 AM

I got a phone call last week it was a dude he asked me if he could ask a couple questions, I said only if I could ask one first he said yes, I said have you ever bought another man flowers he hung up on me..
Old 12-05-2004, 11:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I ask them for their name and address and then tell them its a felony to call someone on the do not call list or on a cell phone. They hang up real quick.

Another trick is to ask for their supervisor and tell them do take you off the list or call yoiu again or you will sue. It works everytime.

I hate telemarketurds!