Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The thin blue line a little thinner

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thin blue line a little thinner

Just wanted to share this site with everyone out there. To date 37 police officers have lost their lives in the line of duty this year, the most recent occured yesterday in Providence RI. Take a little time to click through the site, I think you'll be moved.

Officer Down Memorial Page

Mike
Old 04-19-2005, 12:48 AM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Just for balance:

Edited by Admin Totally inappropriate and unwanted here at DTR
Old 04-19-2005, 12:06 PM

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=15741

I worked with this particular officers wife. They had just had a baby prior to his murder. He was a really nice, kind person. We miss him around here.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Banned

What this guy did was about the worst thing you can do, no doubt. But... did you see this guy when they did the perp walk? The cops beat the crap out of him. That's totally unacceptable. I mean, if someone killed your wife and you went and pounded them to a pulp, there'd be 2 people going to jail, not one, no matter how bad the perp deserved it. I'll be very surprised if a single cop answers for this guys condition.

It really bugs me to see those sworn to uphold the laws so flagrantly flaunt them when its to their advantage. It's just wrong.

If, down the road, they do punish the over exhuberant cops, I'll post an update.

In the meantime, the whole state is greiving for the widow and children of this fine cop.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:51 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Re: The thin blue line a little thinner

Originally posted by Bluedeviltorque
Just wanted to share this site with everyone out there. To date 37 police officers have lost their lives in the line of duty this year, the most recent occured yesterday in Providence RI. Take a little time to click through the site, I think you'll be moved.

Officer Down Memorial Page

Mike

Mike,

As liberal as I am (and everyone on this site knows I am) what happened to Detective James Allen is a tragedy. I saw this story on the news yesterday. I saw them march the suspect in after they caught him with his face all beat up and all I can say is the suspect (which I assume is the one who committed the crime) deserved much worse than he received. If they truly know that he is the one that committed the crime then I feel like he should be put to a slow and I mean slow death! I have absolutely no sympathy for someone who does something like this.

I am opposed to the death penalty unless it is proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. I mean no doubt whatsoever. Then and only then will I be for the death penalty. This (on the surface) looks to be an open and shut case. If that is the case then make his death as horrible an experience as possible.

The death penalty is no deterrent for crime as it stands now. If the person is guilty (and this is important…beyond the shadow of a doubt…) then put them to death immediately.
No waiting in line for over 20 years. Make it immediate. If you aren’t going to do that then do away with it all together.

Britt

Old 04-19-2005, 06:44 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Re: Re: The thin blue line a little thinner

Originally posted by t-7 firefighter
Mike,

As liberal as I am (and everyone on this site knows I am) what happened to Detective James Allen is a tragedy. I saw this story on the news yesterday. I saw them march the suspect in after they caught him with his face all beat up and all I can say is the suspect (which I assume is the one who committed the crime) deserved much worse than he received. If they truly know that he is the one that committed the crime then I feel like he should be put to a slow and I mean slow death! I have absolutely no sympathy for someone who does something like this.

I am opposed to the death penalty unless it is proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. I mean no doubt whatsoever. Then and only then will I be for the death penalty. This (on the surface) looks to be an open and shut case. If that is the case then make his death as horrible an experience as possible.

The death penalty is no deterrent for crime as it stands now. If the person is guilty (and this is important…beyond the shadow of a doubt…) then put them to death immediately.
No waiting in line for over 20 years. Make it immediate. If you aren’t going to do that then do away with it all together.

Britt

Pssst, we're rubbing of on him guys.........
Old 04-19-2005, 07:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Justice delayed is justice denied......
Old 04-19-2005, 08:16 PM

Just wanted to add a litttle to my original post. I put this up not only becuase of the recent shooting in Rhode Island, but more for some of us to read the Bio's of the officers and see that many of the officers who give their lives are no different than the rest of us. Didn't really mean to turn it into a political thing or debate about crime and punishment, just as a thank you to all the police, fire, ems, military and other men and women who bravely go towards that which others run from.

I happend to be present at this officers funeral ( Ofc. P. Lavery ), my girlfriend asked if she could join me and she did. She for some reason has had a fear of police officers as long as I've known her and respectfully never asked why she wanted to attend, but after the somber experience of several thousand officers in silence with taps playing on a cold January day that fear seemed to be lifted.

Mike
Old 04-19-2005, 08:23 PM

Anyone that serves for the protection of someone else deserves to be recognized. Anyone that will lay down their life for someone that they don’t know is a special breed of person. Be it police, fire, military, or whoever. My hat is off to them.

Britt

Old 04-19-2005, 08:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: The thin blue line a little thinner

Originally posted by Redleg

don't count on it Red!

britt

Old 04-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re: Re: Re: The thin blue line a little thinner

Shhhhhhh It is better if he doesn't realize that at this point
Old 04-19-2005, 08:33 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Oooops, my bad.... pushes mess under the rug with toe.... slowly backs away whistling Andy Griffith theme....
Old 04-19-2005, 08:56 PM

Oooops, my bad.... pushes mess under the rug with toe.... slowly backs away whistling Andy Griffith theme....
Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Shhhhhhh It is better if he doesn't realize that at this point ....

hey..... what are you guys talking about???????

britt

Old 04-20-2005, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by t-7 firefighter
Anyone that serves for the protection of someone else deserves to be recognized. Anyone that will lay down their life for someone that they don’t know is a special breed of person. Be it police, fire, military, or whoever. My hat is off to them.

Britt

what about that kid that lays out the cones for road construction, he is way more likly to get killed in the line of work than a police officer or fire fighter. i am a firm beliver that all men are created equal, there job does not make them anything special. and i was a fire fighter when i was in the military. and when i here people talking about putting there live on the line, i find it is boasting to sound good.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by gunracer1
what about that kid that lays out the cones for road construction, he is way more likely to get killed in the line of work than a police officer or fire fighter. i am a firm beliver that all men are created equal, there job does not make them anything special. and i was a fire fighter when i was in the military. and when i here people talking about putting there live on the line, i find it is boasting to sound good.

Man… take it down a notch partner. That might be the first time that I’ve been called down for giving a compliment. I guess if the compliment had come from someone other than me it would have been okay?

Yeah your right, all life is equal. I will disagree about their job making them special. Tell that to the police officer taking a shot to the chest to protect someone else. Tell it to the paramedic doing all that he can to save your life in you worst time of need. Tell that to the fireman running into the burning building to save you child. Tell that to the doctor performing open-heart surgery. Tell that to our Military. Tell that to anyone sworn to protect someone’s life and try to do all they can to perform that job.
Police Officers, Paramedics, Firefighters, Military, and any other that serve the public… they’re rushing in to the situation while everyone else is rushing out.

I myself don’t believe I’m special. I believe the people that do these jobs are. I do the job that I love to do. If you think I’m boasting so be it. I can’t change your mind and don’t really care. If you don’t like my comments… don’t read them anymore.

Britt

Quick Reply: The thin blue line a little thinner