Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

They just dont make cartoons like they used too..

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
HAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE BUGS BUNNY!!! I remember when I was growing up my dad and I would wake up early every sunday morning and watch Bugs Bunny and then we'd watch either the 3 Stooges or John Wayne. They really don't make cartoons like that anymore. Those were great. Cartoons these days just make kids dumber. I wish I had Boomerrang channel up here. They show all the oldies like that. That's my favorite Bugs Bunny. I wish they'd play it more often.
You just described my childhood Lets not for mel brooks movies. Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, more. Or support your local sherriff or support your local gunfighter with James Garner. Classics.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Pinky and The Brain was a pretty good "modern" cartoon. Some of the other Animaniacs stuff was pretty funny, too.

It pains me to say it, but "Spongebob" is the best kid's cartoon out there right now.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
Pinky and The Brain was a pretty good "modern" cartoon. Some of the other Animaniacs stuff was pretty funny, too.

It pains me to say it, but "Spongebob" is the best kid's cartoon out there right now.
I forgot about pinky and the brain!!!! I used to watch them and animaniacs all the time after school was out!! They had the animaniacs movie on cartoon network a few months back and it brought back so many memories...
Old 04-21-2006, 06:41 PM

I like having Boomerang cause they show all the old cartoons.People wonder why teens and kids sleep in late on the weekends,their is no good cartoons to look forward to on Saturday & Sunday mornings anymore. I have to agree with a few others that Sponge Bob is the best kids show out their at the moment,I have to little siblings(10 & 5) so I get to see alot of the newer cartoons. I don't know if anyone else can agree with me,but sitting there watching SpongeBob with some of the stuff they say, little kids will laugh becuase everyone else is laughing,but you laugh becuase you understand it or think of it in a different way(like a wrong way).

Jeff
Old 04-21-2006, 07:20 PM

Haha. I always considered the simpsons to be a good cartoon for all ages. But Bugs Bunny Is the all time best cartoon.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:26 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, all those are great.

Xiaolin Showdown is starting to grow on me...
Old 04-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Muted User

hey what about the original scooby doo cartoons..........or thundercats.....snarff snarff......or G.I. joe.....ohhh and hulk hogan`s cartoon with the wwf ....and the dukes of hazzard cartoons
Old 04-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Muted User

Marvin The Martian

My she sister is such a "Marvin" "nut" she has a tattoo of him on her thigh...
I like Sponge Bob too Patrick is a riot he gets some great 1 liners...
Old 04-21-2006, 10:47 PM

Diggin'

Patrick is the coolest!! and not just because he has the same name as me!
Old 04-21-2006, 11:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speedy Gonzales!, "Riva riva"

Mighty mouse, "Here I am to save the day"

Underdog, "Speed of lightening power of thunder"

I listed the looney tunes web on my favorites, anything looney tunes

Rick
Old 04-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Muted User

Reply to Ratat98

Patrick had great line the other day Sandy asked him (Patrick) if he could be stupid some other time and Patrick said no he was all booked up!

I also like Mermaid Man & Barancle Boy. The voices are Earnest Borgnine & Tim Conway. They were in "McHale's Navy" I think back in the 50-60's together it was a pretty funny show...
Anyway sounds like you have a little kid or 2 rolling around your place like I do but I am a big kid myself...
Old 04-21-2006, 11:17 PM

LOL my sister in laws nephew is a cartoonist. He was with King of the Hill before. Now he draws Family Guy. I never watched either one of them. I like the old stuff too. You guys are forgetting Tom and Jerry.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by texaspower19
what ever happended to rien and steimpe
R & S was cancelled in '95. However, if you have the Nicktoons Network, you can catch reruns of R & S every night of the week.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:03 AM

What gets me is when people say how violent the old cartoons were (coyote getting hit in head with an anvil) yet many of the newer cartoons are far worse than looney tunes ever was. We have a 4 disc DVD set of looney tunes that my daughter (3 1/2) loves to watch. She would rather watch those than many of the cartoons that you find on saturday morning.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:14 AM

I always liked the Pink Panther cartoons. the anteater chasing the ant was always good for a laugh. Boomerang has been running them and my kids really enjoy watching it and Tom and Jerry.

Quick Reply: They just dont make cartoons like they used too..