Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Thanksgiving ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanksgiving ticket

:-[Well, I went and got pulled over by a local PD on turkey day. Doing 71 in a 55. Ticket ought to be expensive! How do you guys keep your rigs under the speed limit? I am not nearly as hot as some of your truck, and I have a hard time keeping it under the double nickel! I am lucky I have not picked up before this, I guess.

Tiny
Old 11-29-2003, 01:10 PM

Re:Thanksgiving ticket

Move to a state that's more progressive and has raised the 55 mph speed limit.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:12 PM

Tiny,

You either need to move to Montana or get yourself a radar detector. I cant tell you how many tickets its saved me. Little Brother lives in MT, claims he drives on the Interstates at 88 mph...and doesnt get bothered.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

You now know why most truckers will take a 500 detour to go around Ohio.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:39 PM

Cruise control. ;D It's the only way for me. Radar detectors are not allowed in Va. and I'm such a good boy I would never own one of those. :
Old 11-29-2003, 06:05 PM

lol when you can let someone else drive, then it doesn't make you go nuts going so slow or put you to sleep, everyone talks about spped being dangerious, but going slow bores alot of people into falling asleep at the wheel. Speed 5 to 10 over to remain alert looking out for police, granted it's not legal but hey you gotta do whatever to stay awake, maybe if the speeds weren't so slow people wouldn't fill so comfortable talking on the phon, shaving, putting on makeup, and the many other things they shouldn't be doing when they are supose to be operating a motor vehicle. But being from the midwest maybe what I see is different than what goes on in your region,and my observations don't apply to your situation.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:27 PM

My right foot has ESPD (Extra Sensiory Police Detection)!

Works most of the time by just noticing or asking "why am I going so slow!" I look up and see the state trooper driving by! The radar detector is a good backup...

Also, wait for the one guy who is going faster and let him or her clear the road of police as you stay back 1/4 mile with the radar detector. This works very well! 8)
Old 11-29-2003, 08:54 PM

Don't feel alone
They got me today. :'(

69 in a 55

$156.50 OUCH

: Eddie : 8)
Old 11-29-2003, 10:21 PM

Yeah that's going to be a big Turkey Ticket.
Maybe now you will slow down at least until after New Years ;D ;D
Take that foot off the go pedal and engage the CRUZE. It will save you about $150 just in fines let alone fuel
Old 11-30-2003, 10:08 AM

Do you know what the worst part is? I had passed a minivan about mile and a half before, and he was plastered to my hitch. He almost hit me as I was pulling over for the PD! That really irked me, I knew I was busted, but he almost tagged me. I am not so mad about getting busted, I knew I was going a little fast. I was late for breakfast with the family, and knew the missus would be fumin.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:23 PM

I've gotten 3 certificates of appreciation since I moved to Ohio in Oct 2000. I deserved all of them ... however I protest the cops hiding so I bought a valentine 1. The only time I've gotten a ticket since was when there were 2 lasering within a half a mile and I missed the detector on the second one because I was talking.

54 in a 35 - The speed drops from 60-35 in a half mile.

79 in a 65 - no excuse, I just pulled onto i70 and was still speeding up.

83 in a 65 - ;D I don't learn, do I? This guy was kind enough to walk up to the truck with the laser gun and ask me to read it for him. Claims it was WAAAAAAAY too fast. At least he was nice and made it an 'under 25 over' violation since he clocked me when I was slowing down.

Just a side note: I drove in Kansas since I was 8 years old (mostly tractors until 11years old) and never once recieved a ticket or a warning. Ohio has an insane amount of patrolling units. :'(

brandon.
Old 11-30-2003, 09:31 PM

I got a ticket for 45 in a 30 zone a week ago and it's $50 bucks. Wife wasn't too happy... Plus the trooper nailed me for "Too fast for conditions" (it was snowing). Oh, and this is in Montana, Dr Evil... Lincoln, MT to be exact.-Steve
Old 12-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled over for 79 in a 35. I was racing and the cop pulled us both over. He walked up to my truck and said What the H#@% you think you were doing. I said way too fast but there was no way in h#%@ I was going to let that momma's boy beat me in that car. He went over to the other car while his partner was talking diesels w[me=marksmith]and when he came back he said Mr Smith I am going to write you for ten over. I can take you to jail for exhibition of speed and some other long winded charges but I am going to let you go with just ten over. How'd you know he was a momma's boy. [/me]

I said "Huh?" the cop said Yep that car is registered in his mothers name.

I laughed and paid my ticket the next month. It was reduced to 43 dollars.

Mark
Old 12-01-2003, 09:13 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a thought.....if you don't like getting tickets, don't speed.

I got three tickets for speeding when I was in college and high school. One was 74 in a 60, one was 68 in a 60 and the other was 52 in a 40. I also got out of one doing about 72 in a 60 when the nice police officer decided to let me go on a warning. After that, I decided I really wasn't in THAT big of a hurry. :

Now I typically drive about 5 over when I'm on the highway....mostly to avoid being rear ended by those driving 15 over. Just set my cruise, sit back and relax.

Quick Reply: Thanksgiving ticket