Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Thanks Mods! - for the "union" lock

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mods! - for the "union" lock

After all of the "Pro-Union" rhetoric clouding the topic question, I'd like to thank the Mods for the lock.

Began to sound like a bunch of chest-thumping for the Local (insert number here).

Welcome to the 21st century!

Prolly not a good thread for a diverse group such as this, as there will be many different opinions, and it's certain that we'll not all see eye-to-eye. And we can't have THAT, now can we?

Old 08-20-2003, 11:42 PM

Re:Thanks Mods! - for the "union" lock

Amen, thanks Dieseldude. There were a variety of opinions expressed, and I support shutting it down before it started to make the inevitable turn towards a typical oil thread.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:58 AM

hehehehehe
I'm really surprised that it lasted for 47 replies before being shut down....
Usually a similar thread on this site would last about 5 replies before being axed by the big kahunas...

On the TDR, it seems like they are a little more tolerant and shut 'em down after 15-20 replies....

Gotta love it! 8) 8)

P.S. When's Nailbender gonna start selling the "Proud to be a NON-UNION carpenter stickers like he has on his Ram? ;D ;D
Old 08-21-2003, 07:57 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, I thought it was a pretty good (and civil) thread...considering the topic. And I'm very much anti-union.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:33 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Jack, well said.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:59 AM

I too thought the thread went very well. Just some honest opinions being presented. There will allways be differing opinions. There is no "one size fits all." Thankful to have the right to express those opinions. ;D
Old 08-21-2003, 11:06 AM

To quote the Moderator prior to closing the "Unions" thread:
"This one has pretty much run it's course and we have a lot of opinions but I feel it may go south from here. I'm going to lock this one and thanks for being reasonably civil to this point."

What indication was there that the thread was going south???
Through my reply #46, everything was quite civil.... This is my point! It would have been different if there were some offending posts! The mods here are just a tad "trigger happy".... :-[

Please tell me how that is any different than putting a guy in prison that you THINK is going to commit a murder, you have no proof of that, but you do it anyway because you think you are saving someone's life. :- :-
That would NEVER fly in real life!
Old 08-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Dezlpwr, it would appear you are dealing with some kind of influencing "inner issue " here.

While I was not online when the moderator closed the thread, I stand behind his actions. I KNOW that the moderators here try very hard to be fair and keep the information flowing.

Whatever your problem is, feel free to discuss it with me in PM, perhaps I can help you work it out.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Through my reply #46, everything was quite civil....

I agree that most of the replies were civil in nature, some could have been taken offense to. The difference in your post #46 and most of the other posts, was your bold statement with out quantifying it.

Many of the other people made statements just as bold, but they took the time to explain how they arrived at feeling this way. In doing so they showed a talent for polite debate, and not just a shouting match like a bar brawl.

This left the thread looking like it was headed south. Your opinion was just as valid as any other here, but you might have taken the time to make your point in a less argumentative nature. If you had the thread would most likely remained open.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=DEZLPWR link=board=10;threadid=18670;start=0#msg175259 date=1061481990]Please tell me how that is any different than putting a guy in prison that you THINK is going to commit a murder, you have no proof of that, but you do it anyway because you think you are saving someone's life. :- :-
That would NEVER fly in real life!

[/quote]

This isn't real life...and this isn't a democratic society...and we don't have any rights to fair trials, etc. etc. etc. The Admins make the rules and enforce them as they see fit. If we don't like it, we go somewhere else. Pretty simple really. When you learn this you'll have a lot more fun on this site.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:00 PM

It's like Merle said- "If you don't love it, leave it"

Quick Reply: Thanks Mods! - for the "union" lock