Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Texas Commandments display OK

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Texas Commandments display OK

As victory for the good guys!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....4e204036.html
Old 06-27-2005, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-27-2005, 12:32 PM

Should be in the court rooms also. I say let America vote on it.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by HappyGA
Should be in the court rooms also. I say let America vote on it.
I'll vote for that!!
Old 06-28-2005, 07:55 AM

Me too.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:07 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by crobtex
I'll vote for that!!
I vote for voting fot that! (the best part of voting is the referendums)! I love to actaully see what the PEOPLE want for a change.

We need more choices. Obviously our elected officals forget who elected them and why shortly after being sworn in.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Banned

Poop on voting for it! If people don't like it, they don't have to read it! How simple is that? And what is up with the news last night saying the Ten Commandments are "religion specific'? The last time I read them last, I don't recall it saying anything about which religion they are from. Forget the religion part if you don't like it and just abide by them because it is the right thing to do. I don't like Bud beer. Does that mean I can get a law passed to outlaw billboard signs on the highway so I don't have to see them in public places? I wish poeple would just shut the heck up and be free. If you don't like something, find something else to do. Maybe get a job! Weirdos.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Vote for it?
What if the real thing Jesus Christ returned tomorrow with some new commandments, he would most likely only have a small following just as he did back in the Roman days. Most people would say he and his followers are just a bunch of wackos.
Majority rule isn't America, it just serves to stifle individuality.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by infidel
Vote for it?
What if the real thing Jesus Christ returned tomorrow with some new commandments, he would most likely only have a small following just as he did back in the Roman days. Most people would say he and his followers are just a bunch of wackos.
Majority rule isn't America, it just serves to stifle individuality.
Hmmmmmm....... thought invoking indeed!

But, I disagree somewhat, I think he would have a tremendous following.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:02 PM
P.J
Banned

Majority rule SHOULD be the American way, that way if you don't like it, you can go ahead and move away.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:37 PM

I also have never seen anything that specifies a religion in the 10 Commandments. I don't recall if it is 8 or 12 items that the Buddahists have but they run along the same lines: don't steal, lie, kill, etc. They also have some that deal with respect/honor.

The thing about separation of church and state dates back to about 1803 when the Baptists sent a question to I believe it was President Adams asking if the government was selecting an official religion, his reply was that there would be a separation of church and state thus no Official state religion.

Let's see these nay sayers stop using our money which has In God We Trust on it. Let's see how long they can make it then. Funny how much of the money they want. I'll help build a boat to send them somewhere else, of course not being a boat builder the somewhere else could be the bottom of the ocean somewhere.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:49 PM

More people need to make a stand for what is right. This countrys foundation is based on God and the Bible and the Ten Comandments. Take away part of our countrys foundation and we might fall over. Our country is blessed like no other country in the world. We should be giving thanks, not trying to destroy our foundation.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:17 PM

I also have never seen anything that specifies a religion in the 10 Commandments.

Since you apparently are not very familiar with the Ten Commandments I will point out the first four, each of which differs from the practices of several other world religions (and the beliefs of the many Americans who practice these other religions):

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

The thing about separation of church and state dates back to about 1803 when the Baptists sent a question to I believe it was President Adams asking if the government was selecting an official religion, his reply was that there would be a separation of church and state thus no Official state religion.

No, 'the thing about separation of church and state' has to do with the First Amendment and the establishment clause.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:17 PM

Well, most violate #4 already, considering the Sabbath is really on Saturday.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:21 PM
P.J
Banned

Woah,
Smiller sounds like he know his stuff?
The thing about all of this IS, didn't we originally come over here to get away form Britains religous persecution(sp)? I could have sworn I was tought that in junior high?
Why are all the Dutch here? Bet they were getting away from governments like what ours is becomming!
Only time will tell.

Quick Reply: Texas Commandments display OK