Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Texas....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 12:08 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Texas....

..... or more specifically Richardson, Texas. I was down there for the first time last week. It was humid and warm when I got there and freezing a couple of days later. The folks were friendly and I found my self starting to say "y'all" I discovered that B.C. wasn't the only place that had funny liquor laws. Richardson requires you to get a "unicard" (sp) before you can order alchohol. It was explained to me that it was some sort of a club the city required you to join (the restaurant was going to pick up the membership fee)

I met crobtex (Charlie) and hotdram (Rob) while I was there. We had a fine dinner and went for beer at hooters after. If either one ever find themselves in my neck of the woods, I would be proud to return the favor and show them some Canadian hospitality. Thanks guy's it was appriciated.

Traveling by plane, well, sucks. I haven't spent much time traveling in those things until now. I have another 12 trips to do down there, I hope the rest are a little smother, although I think my experiance is normal. (delays taking off, sensor and scanner failures, long canadian customs lineups, early mornings and long days traveling...)
Old 01-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A little late now I supposed, but welcome to Texas!!

Richardson, however, is not your typical Texas town.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:22 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
funny though.... I found myself looking in the back of every 2003 shortbed quad cab I saw for a concrete bedliner......

I am under the impression every city could have it's own liquor laws, While Plano didn't require a unicard, they did require ID from one of the group. There was nothing "bad" about it, it was just a curiosity.... I also enjoyed discussing the differences in the hunting and fishing.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:24 AM

Yep, Texas is still the land of "dry" and "wet" precincts, even within the same town.

Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Rusty
Old 01-12-2005, 09:25 AM

Hehehe....you didn't look in the right spot!!

I don't drink so I can't tell you much about liquor laws, but I do believe that each city has their own laws. For instance, the city I live in is "dry" so you can't even buy alcohol.

Now...hunting and fishing...that's a whole other topic.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoss when you want some coors do you just jump in the firebird and head out
My wife might be stationed at Fort Hood, well I won't break up my family so we will be headed east me and my two boys they definitely need there mom an I think I would like texas
Old 01-12-2005, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Kyle Graham
Hoss when you want some coors do you just jump in the firebird and head out
Two things:

1) As I said in the post above yours, I do not drink.

2) I don't own or want a Firebird.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Texas....

Originally posted by westcoaster
. If either one ever find themselves in my neck of the woods, I would be proud to return the favor and show them some Canadian hospitality. Thanks guy's it was appriciated....
Careful what you wish for, my wife has always wanted to visit BC!! For all I know, she has already booked us plane tickets.
Glad you enjoyed your visit, look us up again when you are back down.

~Rob
Old 01-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Howdy Bud,
Glad you made it back home OK. I also enjoyed the visit and look forward to visiting again when you get back down this way. Maybe next time we can get a few others to join us.
After talking to you about the fishing and hunting up there, a trip to BC will definately go on my "wish list".

CR