Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Terrorist attacks in London this morning (Thursday)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 06:06 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ever heard of Bin Ladin?
You can't even get Bush to say Bi......NNNN
We barley discuss the single person who was behind all the killing. Saddam was about number 98 on a list of 100 in importance. WMD's? Yeah, Cheney was dead on there.
People like Haulin' would beilieve their President if he told them that night was day.
When in HISTORY did we ever hear about anyone in Iraq threaten the US? We have had a constant interest in that counrty because we see it as an easier target than the rest in the reigon.
We aren't done yet over there, probably thousands more soliders to die or me maimed. I feel sory for any son or daughter of a Servicemen/Woman.
This is not the way it was Supposed to go............
Old 07-08-2005, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys get your facts straight. Do you guys not remember Saddam gasing Iraq's less desirable citizens in the early to mid '80's but you should certainly remember the Iraqi army marching into Kuwait and how our forces turned them back in '98. Iraq began shelling Israel with their scuds on the opposite end of the country and how successful US made patriot missles were in neutralizing them in the air. It was clear to me who Saddam's enemies are and he intended to remove them. No doubt to me he would have had Syria aligned with him had he been successful in Kuwait and they would have moved into Israel. Most in the military knows this already so I'll stop my rant. I'm not trying to insult anyone it just makes perfect sense to me to stop Saddam.
Nat
Old 07-08-2005, 09:01 AM

But over the past 4 years we have done an excellent job of preventing another terrorist attack against the US, and nothing even close to the magnitude of 9/11 has been completed anywhere in the world.
You can either contribute this success to our hard work against terrorism or believe that the terrorists have stopped trying and picked up other careers. (I really don't believe that the terrorists have all decided to become ice cream men...)
Or you can attribute this to the possibility that they are just in planning and surviellance stages right now.

We need to "seek & destroy" worldwide like what we are doing now in Iraq...which I believe was a step in the right direction regardless if WMD were there or not. We have the right to do this because of what happened almost four years ago on our American soil. We never went to another country and assassinated thousands of people on a single day just because we didn't like their government or way of life.
Furthermore, since these bombings have occured in the U.K. maybe now they will commit a number of troops more equal to the U.S. commitment in the fight against these scumbags.
imo...all terrorists should be executed on the spot by any coalition forces...no jails needed for these un-human cowards.

Do not forget how you felt the day of September 12, 2001.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Banned

Haulin, sometimes you need to fight fire with fire. Life isn't always fair. But then again, I'm a little extreme on things like this.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Banned

No doubt that Saddam needed to be stopped, but still let's not confuse that mission with a war on terrorism. They are two different subjects and we don't have the resources to be effective at both without support from other countries and we don't have that. So why not focus on the immediate threat to our citizens, that was not Iraq.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:23 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Iraq was a welcome center for terrorists. They trained ther Lived there and were harbored there.
If you think otherwise you need to get you head out of the sand and grow up. I know some of you hate bush so much that anything he does makes you see RED and Hey red seems to be your color with maybe just a hint of yellow.
I disliked Clinton so I understand but America Has to defend it's self. And besides YOU LOST THE ELECTION!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Banned

Now you went and turned the discussion personal with the name calling and accusations, so I'l leave it to the rest of ya now.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Banned

The more I ponder on this the more it gaules me. You know, I'v been in the military for 18 years now, mobilized twice in support of these missions, but now because we differ in opinion you call me a coward and a communist. Who is it that needs to grow up here. You can have a discussion with differing opinions without passing judgement. I see in your signature that your a VFW member, so from one soldier to another, thanks for watchin my back brother.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 99 cummins
No doubt that Saddam needed to be stopped, but still let's not confuse that mission with a war on terrorism. They are two different subjects and we don't have the resources to be effective at both without support from other countries and we don't have that. So why not focus on the immediate threat to our citizens, that was not Iraq.
Hate and Ignorance are what you are preaching. This is not name calling, just the facts. You put your hate of Bush and Ignorance of the facts ahead of reality. As was said, the left lost the election and cannot get behind the majority accepted President and put the USA first. You would rather spout the garbage that left wing belly-achers spout.

Get some reading material, reference the facts, look at history. If Chamberlain had not bent over for Hitler, he may very well have been stopped, and the same accusations would very likely been said about him. The time to stop a tyrant is when he is weak and not in total power.

Anyone who says that Saddam did not threaten the US is being very ignorant of the facts. Try to look past your hate for Bush and the morals that he may or may not represent and look into materials other than Hollywood for your history.

And yes there was a difference between BinLaden and Saddam, Bin Laden wanted the world for the Muslem's and Saddam wanted it all for himself, not caring for man or God. But either was willing to go to any extreme to accomplish domination. That includes killing you at will.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:00 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 99 cummins
The more I ponder on this the more it gaules me. You know, I'v been in the military for 18 years now, mobilized twice in support of these missions, but now because we differ in opinion you call me a coward and a communist. Who is it that needs to grow up here. You can have a discussion with differing opinions without passing judgement. I see in your signature that your a VFW member, so from one soldier to another, thanks for watchin my back brother.
I was not even refering to you.
Thanks for serving
Old 07-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since when has the belief, the correct and supported belief, that the occupation of Iraq did nothing to stop terrorism, been a left wing-only notion? Just because it is a Bush-contradictory statement doesn't make it a left-wing statement. I don't like Bush at all and I whole-heartedly believe that the war in Iraq is more or less for personal reasons. Am I a liberal? Not nearly. (Well, by the rest of the world's definition I am a liberal, but American liberals are opposite of everybody else's liberals, so whatever...)

Iraq under Saddam was far less accepting of terrorists than many other Middle Eastern countries. He only minded them when they were potentially helpful to his cause, which I don't blame him. Otherwise he sae them as destabalizing forces and chased them out of town. There has been NOTHING TO MY KNOWLEDGE connecting Saddam to anti-American terrorists. No support, no harboring, nothing. Saddam was always afraid of the US, and I'm sure he knew that he had nothing to gain from attacking us. If I recall directly, we managed to bully him into surrender in the Gulf War without even capturing or removing him. I don't think even Saddam has ever done anything anti-American, has he?

If somebody comes up with something I'll suck on my socks for ten minutes. And even if Saddam did somehow harbor or support terrorists, for I'm sure somebody can find some example of Saddam using the terrorists for political infighting or something, he was still far less of a terrorism supporter than Saudi Arabia.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Another one slips into the abyss of liberal rhetoric