Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Terrorist attacks in London this morning (Thursday)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terrorist attacks in London this morning (Thursday)

CNN and Fox reporting this morning at least 6 explosions rock London early AM. Buses and subways and public buildings were bombed. Some explosions were secondary to target emergency response personnel. Bad day for the mother country. I wonder who will take responsibility and if we should expect like incidents later today when commuters head to work over here?
Nat
Old 07-07-2005, 08:37 AM

And to think that a USA Today poll (a couple of weeks ago) said that most of us feel that more terrorist attacks are unlikly in the US. Could have happened here just just as easy.

How soon we forget!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The group taking responsibility is the "Secret Organization Group of al Qaeda of Jihad in Europe".

A link...

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...losions.claim/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4660391.stm
Old 07-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Words can't express my anger at the actions of these sick individuals.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:24 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whats really sick is the Red Diaper Doper Babies are saying it's our fault.
The Left needs to get a new mantra.

It's a Holy War Stupid! They want to kill anyone they cant convert.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I caught Tony Blair's initial statement to the press this morning at 6:00 AM CDT. If the terrorists thought that the Brits would fold and run as did the Spanish government, I hope they are as mistaken as they were about America on September 11, 2001. I believe there's enough of the World War II, Winston Churchill, English bulldog mentality left in Great Britain that today's despicable actions only mean that, as far as the British are concerned, the War Against Terrorism has fully and completely been joined today. I honestly believe I saw and heard that in the Prime Minister's remarks this morning.

Rusty
Old 07-07-2005, 12:56 PM

Perhaps it is time to give the Middle East a practical lesson in Einstien's formula...
e=mc2.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:58 PM

Angry

I think it is time for the free world to join forces, as happened in WWll, and clean out this situation, as were the ***** , the Japaneese, and the Fascists!!
BIG MIKE
Old 07-07-2005, 06:21 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now Blair can be a hero too.
The "left"s new mantra should be, "Actually CARE about the citizens, not just constantly think $Money$, OIL and Big Business all the time". We are victims of this happening from BOTH sides!
It's not a matter of "if", but more like 'When" for us. I am scared and curious as to what could be next for the world. I can remember on September 11th riding home from work thinking about the shear SIZE of the attack that had been masterminded. It was almost UN-REAL, these fools actually flew planes into HUGE skyscrapers and brought the buildings to the ground.
God help us if they can and will do anything as bad or worse than that.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:34 PM

Last week I was reading thru some posts on this site in another thread about how we should not be in Iraq and Afghanistan, blah, blah, and on and on. Maybe we should just sit around and wait for them to pick us off one by one or better yet get their hands on a nuke. Obviously their intentions are never going to be to leave us alone. We will have to put an end to it and the there is no time like the present.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Wilson
Obviously their intentions are never going to be to leave us alone. We will have to put an end to it and the there is no time like the present.
We ARE putting an end to terrorism. Just like putting an end to racism, it is going to be a hard, long process. It will take decades of effort and we will never to be able to completely eradicate it. We will never be able to take our eyes off of the threat and we will always have to put resources against it.

But over the past 4 years we have done an excellent job of preventing another terrorist attack against the US, and nothing even close to the magnitude of 9/11 has been completed anywhere in the world.
You can either contribute this success to our hard work against terrorism or believe that the terrorists have stopped trying and picked up other careers. (I really don't believe that the terrorists have all decided to become ice cream men...)

You can rest assured that when terrorists strike, they will do so with full ability. Todays attack in Britain killed 33 people. If the 9/11 strikes killed 3300 people, we have reduced worldwide terrorist power by 100 fold in the past 4 years. Our campaign against terror is being very successful. (Knock on very big wood.)
Old 07-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Banned

I'm a Bush supporter (please no comments on that) but when is he gonna stop messing around and actually do something about these guys. I know we can overtake that country in a matter of days and run all of these you know what's out. Why aren't we doing something about them? All we're doing right now is shooting bb's at a train. Don't get me wrong, I fully support our guys over there and if I get called over there I won't hesitate to go, but I'm tired of hearing about our guys getting killed. Either finish these guys off fast with a really big bomb or pull out. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 PM

But Blue, you are suggesting that we use their tactics, be as bad as them, wipe out the innocent along with the bad. We can't do that and be right.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Banned

I'l be the unpopular one here, I'm in the military, I went when my orders showed up. But my question here is what does Iraq have to do with terrorism. Saddam was to egotistical to team up even with his own people. He was just a self righteous chest thumper that never was any real threat to us other than oil. If we were really after terrorism why aren't we in those countries. Syria, Pakistan and Iran, and so on. North Korea is only a threat to those unfortunate soles next door to them, he doesn't have the power or money to reach us here. But instead we tie up our resources dinkin around in a country that we have already said we will never control. We have done some great things for the Iraqi people so it was a worth while venture, but lets not confuse that with the war on terrorism.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:01 PM

YOu need to study the Saddam issue more thourally. You don't have the real picture. Hitler was also a "self righteous chest thumper" until he started his world domination. I believe that Saddam was worst than Hitler, just did not get his day before the US took him out.

Quick Reply: Terrorist attacks in London this morning (Thursday)