Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Talk about impulse buying....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talk about impulse buying....

I went to the Uhaul store to rent a furniture dolly and wound up buying a Polaris RZR!!!!!! I've been wanting one for a while now and the owner made me a pretty good deal so I went for it. Luckily my wife was with me and she can't hold it over my head because she wanted it too. Now all I have to do is figure out how to pay for it...wait, maybe BO will help me out some?????
Old 11-08-2008, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you pay for it?
If you say credit, then you have done the same thing the people getting bailed out did.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:49 PM

They sell those at U-Haul?

Get a propane tank filled, rent a storage room, get a hitch mounted, buy a side by side...

What's next
Old 11-08-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by kipper79
How did you pay for it?
If you say credit, then you have done the same thing the people getting bailed out did.
Yeah but I actually intend on paying for it.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:56 PM

Now thats funny !!!!

You know the weird thing is most people have good "intentions" and then life happens.

Let us know when you "own" it.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:04 PM

No sense in bustin his ***** for buying it on credit. I'm willing to bet there are more people here who bought their truck on credit than on cash. Just my 2 cents worth.

Marshall
Old 11-10-2008, 08:46 AM

The truck makes money. The camper is a luxury. Sorry must have been the way I was brought up. Heck, if people were to stop borrowing money to buy toys I would not be able to buy them at the auction after the bank took them back. What am I thinking !!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:54 AM

The truck makes money. The camper is a luxury. Sorry must have been the way I was brought up. Heck, if people were to stop borrowing money to buy toys I would not be able to buy them at the auction after the bank took them back. What am I thinking !!!!
Unfortunately my truck makes me nothing but happy (its a luxury) as well being able to buy whatever I want (within reason of course) whenever I want whether I might have to stretch it out over a couple of years or not. Having kids and other responsibilities, you pretty much have to finance high ticket items if you want them...unless you have other means. I guess I could have saved up and paid cash but by then the boys would be too old to hang out with their mom and pop and then look at what I would be missing. I understand what your saying, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and do something like this to make those precious memories that will last a lifetime. Believe me, if I didn't know for sure that I could pay for it, then it would still be sitting on the show room floor.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by hamilton71801
Unfortunately my truck makes me nothing but happy (its a luxury) as well being able to buy whatever I want (within reason of course) whenever I want whether I might have to stretch it out over a couple of years or not. Having kids and other responsibilities, you pretty much have to finance high ticket items if you want them...unless you have other means. I guess I could have saved up and paid cash but by then the boys would be too old to hang out with their mom and pop and then look at what I would be missing. I understand what your saying, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and do something like this to make those precious memories that will last a lifetime. Believe me, if I didn't know for sure that I could pay for it, then it would still be sitting on the show room floor.
Amen to that.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:47 PM

I agree with some toys on credit too. The kids are only young & fun for a few years. After that they turn into teenagers who don't want to be with the folks a lot. Make some memories while the time is right. Not everybody gives thier toys back to the bank. Some of us pay for them till we own it.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:38 PM

What ever works for you. Just expressing another point of view. It has been my experience that you tend to think more than ounce before you pull out your hard earned cash to buy something you may or may not need.

Btw,

How much will the camper be worth when you are done paying for it? How much will it cost to borrow the money ie: interest rate? Do you camp enough to justify? How much does it cost to rent a capmer to do your camping?

These are a few of the questions I would ask myself if I were in your position. You dont have to answer them but for the sake of dialogue it would be interesting to see what you answers are.

Thanks,
Old 11-10-2008, 02:25 PM

How did you pay for it?
Why is it that one person always has to turn a thread into something else thats really not their concern to begin with. Almost every toy I own was bought and paid for on credit....yes I said PAID FOR!......
I currently am paying for two new four wheelers on credit and WILL pay them off.
Believe it or not some of us still pay our bills! I hope this is ok with you.....comments like yours crack me up! Ok rant off.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:35 PM

What ever works for you. Just expressing another point of view. It has been my experience that you tend to think more than ounce before you pull out your hard earned cash to buy something you may or may not need.

Btw,

How much will the camper be worth when you are done paying for it? How much will it cost to borrow the money ie: interest rate? Do you camp enough to justify? How much does it cost to rent a capmer to do your camping?

These are a few of the questions I would ask myself if I were in your position. You dont have to answer them but for the sake of dialogue it would be interesting to see what you answers are.

Thanks,

Dude seriously, what the heck is your deal? He did nothing wrong, let him enjoy his toy and leave him alone.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:13 PM

I use my credit card for everything......i like the airline miles.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:28 PM

I like the miles. the cash back, the discounted gas, and the total savings on my last several vehicles was more than ten thousand, thanks to the GM card rebate. The rebate may go toward the wife's vehicle next time, as I've never owned a cummins! (We spend way to much, but never pay interest on any credit card bill, vehicles are paid for, house is well..we're still paying.)

Quick Reply: Talk about impulse buying....