Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Taking time off...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah...9!!!well i have to memorize and take a test on 200 page books....
Old 12-08-2005, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my mean Mom voice Iker, you’re grounded! Now go to your room and study!

In my nice Flash voice It will be okay; you’ll pull that grade up. We know you can do it your a smart kid! We’ll be here waiting to congratulate you on that great grade your going to get!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:18 AM

Thank goodness I never had to study to get the grades "I" wanted I could pull A's and B's no problem without any work Mom, however, wanted better

My Junior year in Advanced Mathematics I did 2 homework assignments ALL YEAR. Blew the teacher's mind when they were both in the same week He even quit calling my name every day when he was collecting them Still had a B when I finished

But it was harder work getting my grades back up when I slacked off than it EVER was to keep them there from the start. Good Luck!!

Chris
Old 12-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by iker42
hey...today was not a very great day for me.... ...I learned today that im failing my 9th period reading class....SO....I wont be on here every night, as i will actually be doing homework and studying (PM me with the defintintion to studying, as this would be my first tiime.)....I'll be on most days, just dont get worried or nothing , I'lLL BE BACK
note: Being in honors for every class, this is a very sad(not to mention lowest) grade for me

Somberingovertheworstgradei'veeverhadMIKE
For someone that spends so much time reading internet forums, how the heck do you fail READING?? I didn't even know they had Honors Reading classes. In fact, I don't recall Reading classes in high school at all.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hoss
For someone that spends so much time reading internet forums, how the heck do you fail READING?? I didn't even know the had Honors Reading classes. In fact, I don't even recall Reading classes in high school at all.
We can tell...............
Old 12-08-2005, 10:02 AM

For someone that spends so much time reading internet forums, how the heck do you fail READING?? I didn't even know the had Honors Reading classes. In fact, I don't even recall Reading classes in high school at all.
Thats cuss they learned it tu us in kinnygarten. They need four extra years to get their crap together! BTW I had 1.67GPA in HS. Made (making) a 3.8 in college (and in honors classes).

Kind nice when the teacher treat you like a human being. My 4 grade teacher told me I would never graduate. She was almost right.

Randy
Old 12-08-2005, 12:58 PM

I gradimatated HS with a 67 (out of 100% - 65% was passing) I graduated College with 3.88! My Mom still thinks I cheated, all I did was actually apply myself, so Iker get in there and hit the books. You will be happier in the end.

Michael
Old 12-08-2005, 08:05 PM

Ya, 9 periods a day is alot. I've only got 7. I'm in 2 honers classes and have all b's. Just gotta study, thats it. Its not worth it to not study, you will be in school for 12 years maybe 16 or more. They say today a college education is worth $$1 million, It may not be what you wanna do now but in 10 years down the road and your makin 2x as much as an engineer it will be worth it.

Coop
Old 12-08-2005, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
We can tell...............
Easy now. You're forgetting I'm a genius.

I never made less than a B in anything (mostly A's in fact). Aside from taking all AP English classes, I took AP Physics (my absolute favorite class in high school), AP Biology (I & II)....basically every AP class that my school offered. Then there were the math classes:

9th Grade - Algebra
10th Grade - Algebra II and Geometry
11th Grade - Elementary Analysis / Trigonometry and Computer Math
12th Grade - AP Calculus

Of course, I've forgotten much of the Calculus because I rarely use it.

Basically, I was just a natural born genius.

Of course, then I got to college where I actually had to TEACH myself how to study. Never had to do that studying stuff in high school. Still managed to walk out of A&M with a 3.7 GPA though.

I know, I know....
Old 12-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Banned

I never studied once until I got up here. I made a's and b's all through middle and highschool and even earned an academic letter jacket my junior year. Boy, am I regretting not learning how to study now. Well, time to get back to studying. Got a finance exam tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Easy now. You're forgetting I'm a genius.

I never made less than a B in anything (mostly A's in fact). Aside from taking all AP English classes, I took AP Physics (my absolute favorite class in high school), AP Biology (I & II)....basically every AP class that my school offered. Then there were the math classes:

9th Grade - Algebra
10th Grade - Algebra II and Geometry
11th Grade - Elementary Analysis / Trigonometry and Computer Math
12th Grade - AP Calculus

Of course, I've forgotten much of the Calculus because I rarely use it.

Basically, I was just a natural born genius.

Of course, then I got to college where I actually had to TEACH myself how to study. Never had to do that studying stuff in high school. Still managed to walk out of A&M with a 3.7 GPA though.

I know, I know....

Hoss, Im in Algebra Honors and in 8th grade genius all right
Old 12-08-2005, 11:37 PM

Oh yeah ?? well I never cracked a book either. After lookin at my report card ... it ain't hard to believe !!

I didn't understood why I needed to know how long a shadow of a 50 foot tall tree was .... until I learned how to machine gears in the Navy some 10 years later. Whole lotta algebra and trig in that job.
Sure would've been easier if I had paid attention in school. Keep at it Iker.

PISTOL
Old 12-08-2005, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by iker42
Hoss, Im in Algebra Honors and in 8th grade genius all right
That's good. Maybe by the time you can go to restroom without asking for permission you'll have taken a little bit of the more advanced stuff.

I will say this....I pretty well breezed through Calculus in high school, but when I got down to A&M and had to take my first course of Engineering Calculus....HOLY MOLY.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:17 AM

Still managed to walk out of A&M with a 3.7 GPA though.
Everyone walks out of A&M with a 3.7 don't they???