Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Take that Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take that Maryland

My Hoosier's beat the Turps in OT tonight. ;D<br><br>Go IU <br><br>Man I love College Basket Ball. <br><br>DB
Old 12-04-2002, 06:49 AM

Re:Take that Maryland

Nomex suit on - check. Flame-thrower lit - check. OK, here goes.....<br><br>Let IU play basketball in the ACC and see how many conference wins they can manage. :P<br><br>Being a somewhat older student at NC State and having lived in the greatest college basketball region of the nation all my life (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) I find that college hoops, and the rivalry that it seems to naturally foster, is probably the best form of sports entertainment to be found (as long as your team is winning).<br><br>I grew up with and now work with some of the most diehard college hoops fans you can imagine. Of course, not all of them pull for the right teams, but that is what makes it interesting. To paraphrase Rodney King, &quot;Why can't we all just get along?&quot; - NOT DURING B-BALL SEASON.<br><br>Even though I despise certain teams, usually ones with blue jerseys, when it comes to outside the conference around here we all pull for the ACC. And usually, we'll see you in March.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:51 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

BTW it's Terps.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:02 AM

Fight, Fight, Hey Top, we got a fight over here in OTHER!!! Punch, jab, duck, weave, hoo boy, good 'un here. Ah come on guys, a little more vitrolic remarks if you will. Go Red, Go Blue, Go anybody??? Boy what a bunch of wuss'es. How about them people in Aggie Land, firing their football coach. Boy, they take their football seriously. No wonder Hoss is quiet lately. <br><br>~Dave
Old 12-04-2002, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those ACC teams would never survive a full season of Big 12 basketball ;D<br><br>Kansas, coached by Roy Williams, ex-NC assistant, is always whining about rough play, and they belong to the Big 12.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:28 AM

ex-UNC assistant <br><br>I will give him credit for not taking Dean Smith's place. He probably would have had the same trouble that Matt Doherty has had with the guys that he inherited.<br><br>If it weren't for intra-conference fratricide the ACC would have more ranked teams. When you keep losing inside your conference it knocks you down in the polls.<br><br>Of course, same could be said for a few other conferences.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:55 AM

[quote author=redramnc link=board=10;threadid=7851;start=0#75435 date=1039008501]<br>ex-UNC assistant <br><br>I will give him credit for not taking Dean Smith's place. He probably would have had the same trouble that Matt Doherty has had with the guys that he inherited.<br><br>If it weren't for intra-conference fratricide the ACC would have more ranked teams. When you keep losing inside your conference it knocks you down in the polls.<br><br>Of course, same could be said for a few other conferences.<br>[/quote]<br><br>And Doherty, of course, is an ex-KU assistant. I figured Roy was headed to NC when Dean Smith retired. I'm still surprised that he stayed at KU. Of course, us MU fans now have a Dukie as a coach, and while he's done better than expected in the tournament with the teams he's had, we'd rather see them beat KU than make the Final Four. ;D<br><br>Too many Jayhawk fans around here, and the Kansas City (MO) newspaper can't seem to figure out that they're in Missouri, so it's fun to be able to talk smack when we beat KU.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

The best thing about college sports is the rivalry between the teams. Having pride in your home team is great and being able to poke a little friendly jab at the other guy when his team is down, adds to the enjoyment. How boring it would all be if we all rooted for the same team.<br> Go Mountaineers!
Old 12-04-2002, 10:11 AM

[quote author=SFtopSGT link=board=10;threadid=7851;start=0#75501 date=1039017464]<br>Go Mountaineers!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Its been a long time since I heard that.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:19 AM

[quote author=SFtopSGT link=board=10;threadid=7851;start=0#75501 date=1039017464]<br>The best thing about college sports is the rivalry between the teams. Having pride in your home team is great and being able to poke a little friendly jab at the other guy when his team is down, adds to the enjoyment. How boring it would all be if we all rooted for the same team.<br> Go Mountaineers!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ain't that the truth! I have to be honest, KU is rarely down; they're consistently pretty good although often overrated. That just makes it all the better when we smack 'em. ;D
Old 12-04-2002, 11:27 AM

Gotta enjoy the rivalries.<br><br>Just like all of the years that NC State was a weak sister to UNC and Duke - last year the UNC fans had to eat crow repeatedly. Now look at this year, 3 freshmen starting and they beat Kansas and Stanford. Man, I hated that. Of course, they did get spanked by Illinois last night.<br><br>Now if Duke would just have a bad year - yeah, right :<br><br>
Old 12-04-2002, 07:57 PM

Well, I ain't much into &quot;B&quot; ball. Find big time boring. But, there is something to be said there about Maryland. They were not even suppose to have a chance against the Hoosiers. <br>Overtime. Hey, that was a good fight, eh?<br>Kind of cool when they are that close! Regardless who it is.<br>See ya! :
Old 12-04-2002, 11:15 PM

I knew that would get a few of ya stired up.

Go IU

You guys are tooo easy, Just like those Turps (spelled it wrong again) ;D

DB
Old 12-05-2002, 06:54 AM

[quote author=*GONZO* link=board=10;threadid=7851;start=0#75891 date=1039065781]<br>Hook Em Horns!!!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey, give us our Big 12 tournament back! <br><br>Craziest thing I ever heard, having a basketball tournament in Dallas. Next thing you know, Texans will start getting a big head or something... Might even start to think they know something about cows and barbecue and stuff like that. ;D

Quick Reply: Take that Maryland