Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

T-mobile

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
i used to like cingular, but now they are at&t...dont know how much i love that...5 more months in my contract and i have about a 5 year history with them so i dont know what to do! verizon seems pretty good too!

brett
Originally Posted by jj3500
This is truly strange for me to respond to. I moved out to L.A. to work for Tmobile. The service out there, by far, was the worst thing I've experienced. I moved back to N.Y.,home town, performance is very poor. Mind you, I do a great deal of driving from N.Y.C. out in all directions about 2 hours. I've used most of the "other" carriers out there. TMO, as they refer to it as, was exceedingly the worst. I call a great deal to Dallas, Texas. I get the same performance problems. The person I call is also on TMO and they constantly drop calls or the sound quality is so poor that I wind up getting aggravated and angry towards the caller. visa versa. The ONLY reason I got their service is because it was mandatory for me to use as a TMO employee. They suck! I call the customer service. If you enjoy talking to machines, then this is for you. If you enjoy repeating yourself three or four times, this is for you. Needless to say, an aggravating process. Be careful...you lock yourself in for two long years. Verizon is the way to go. CLEARLY.
Originally Posted by TreeFarm
Had them. Hate their technology. Verizon, along with Sprint uses CDMA, instead of GSM, the other common technology.

CDMA is horrid in the boonies, unless you are close to a cell tower. If you aren't, you will experience drops as system traffic load increases, something that doesn't happen nearly as often with GSM.

I'm currently having the same crappy issues with Verizon. I've had US cellular for 12 years remember the big bag phones yep I had one. I travel nation wide and work in the boonies 90% of the time repairing pipelines. US Cellular is amazing everyone else would have to leave and try to drive somewhere to get signal mine would work great. The only place I had poor reception was in South Central Louisiana and Fairfax OK. I switched companies they wanted to provide me with a phone I agreed but got this crappy verizon service "company provider". Ive dropped more calls in the last month than I ever did with US cellular over the last 12 years IN THE EXACT SAME AREAS.
DO NOT get verizon they wont work off of the towers like stated above andf you will find that you cannot talk where you have always been able to before. Sorry for the ranting but verizon SUCKS!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:46 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warning "thread jack in process"

Originally Posted by tbarbee1
I'm currently having the same crappy issues with Verizon. I've had US cellular for 12 years remember the big bag phones yep I had one. I travel nation wide and work in the boonies 90% of the time repairing pipelines. US Cellular is amazing everyone else would have to leave and try to drive somewhere to get signal mine would work great. The only place I had poor reception was in South Central Louisiana and Fairfax OK. I switched companies they wanted to provide me with a phone I agreed but got this crappy verizon service "company provider". Ive dropped more calls in the last month than I ever did with US cellular over the last 12 years IN THE EXACT SAME AREAS.
DO NOT get verizon they wont work off of the towers like stated above andf you will find that you cannot talk where you have always been able to before. Sorry for the ranting but verizon SUCKS!!!!!!
www.smoothtalker.com has 3 watt boosters for hand held cell phones. we use them in our field trucks with decent success. Its the closest you can get to your old bag phone.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:22 AM

Thanks Ill go look at them I got really good reception with my razor but this Blackberry and verizon are just a joke its probably a really great device but its hard to tell with the service.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Spooler
That technology is actually called UMA( Unlicensed Mobile Access).
Hey - GSM / UMA what's the big deal? Sorry - I don't have all of my nomenclatures down.

"We're goin' to Czechoslovakia, it's like goin' to Wisconsin..."
Old 09-05-2007, 11:24 AM

I used to sell Tmobile, AT&T and then Cingular when it became Cingular, about a year or two ago.

I can tell you that AT&T/Cingular/AT&T is going down hill fast. Because of the unlockability of the GSM phones, I am planning to move to Tmobile after my contract is up. I am simply tired of the constant dropped calls, and $20 worth of taxes they charge me a month.

And I live in Arlington TX as well, so it'll work well for you.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:06 PM

remember the big bag phones
Heck yeah... I had one of those too...
Old 09-05-2007, 12:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
remember the big bag phones yep I had one.

Originally Posted by graphitecumnz
Heck yeah... I had one of those too...
You can still get them - for a price!!

Motorola
m800

Basic Features

* Multiple Ringtones
* Caller ID
* 500 Contact phone book
* Voice Notes
* Voice Activation
* Conference Call

Technical Specifications

* E911 Ready
* CDMA 1xRTT technology
* Talk Time(Handsfree mode): up to 1 hour & 45 minutes *
* Talk Time(Handset mode): up to 4 hours
* Standby Time: up to 10 hours*
* Size: 170 mm x 340 mm x 100 mm
* Weight: 10 lbs

Includes

* Second "Private Mode" Handset
* Headset
* Panic Button
* Standard PHF connection
* User Manual
Old 09-05-2007, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 12valve@heart
You can still get them - for a price!!

Motorola
m800

Basic Features

* Multiple Ringtones
* Caller ID
* 500 Contact phone book
* Voice Notes
* Voice Activation
* Conference Call

Technical Specifications

* E911 Ready
* CDMA 1xRTT technology
* Talk Time(Handsfree mode): up to 1 hour & 45 minutes *
* Talk Time(Handset mode): up to 4 hours
* Standby Time: up to 10 hours*
* Size: 170 mm x 340 mm x 100 mm
* Weight: 10 lbs

Includes

* Second "Private Mode" Handset
* Headset
* Panic Button
* Standard PHF connection
* User Manual

I saw the pic but no price Id like to have one again but the company will never go for it If it weighs ten pounds it could stay in the truck where it belongs instead of the pocket of my chaps ringing and ringing when Im trying to ride colts.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw the pic but no price Id like to have one again but the company will never go for it If it weighs ten pounds it could stay in the truck where it belongs instead of the pocket of my chaps ringing and ringing when Im trying to ride colts.
US Cellular pricing in my area:

$529.95
-80.00 Discount for 24 month agreement
-50.00 Instant Rebate for plans over $39.99
---------
$ 399.95 Best Price