Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Switzerland

My cousin in Switzerland tells me that the most popular boys name in the German speaking part is "David" This is from 2005 when we were there that year.
A week after we were there in 2006 and took the Saint Bernart Express train there were floods and the train derailed. She sent the clipping, but don't have a scanner hooked up here. Pix of us at the St Bernard Museum
Attached Thumbnails Switzerland-switzerland-pics-082.jpg   Switzerland-switzerland-pics-102.jpg   Switzerland-switzerland-pics-108.jpg  
Old 03-12-2007, 10:12 PM

What is the St. Bernard train trip about ??? I like those big ol' dogs .... they used to scare the bejeezes out of me when I was a kid though !!

PISTOL
Old 03-12-2007, 11:01 PM

PW,

I will look in some of my swiss stuff and see if I still have the details.
Forget where St Bernard Express starts from, We went to the starting point. Took the train from Bern, to starting point where the SBE started. Goes to the town where the museum is located. That is where the dogs are staying. You can pet them. Then a bus to the St Bernard pass. Up there the moniistary is open to tour. A lot of information on how the rescue dogs worked. A worthwhile trip in my opnion.
Attached Thumbnails Switzerland-switzerland-pics-086.jpg   Switzerland-switzerland-pics-106.jpg   Switzerland-switzerland-pics-123.jpg  
Old 03-13-2007, 12:51 AM

I was in a little town named St. Bernard in the Swiss Alps one day in 2002.
We were on our way back to Germany from Italy on a little road trip. It was the only time I have been able to have a snow ball fight in July with shorts and a T-shirt on.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:30 AM

my grandma was born out side of bern and my grand father was also swiss. dad and mom have got back to there and my wife and i plan a trip someday. we used to have alot of visiters here on the farm from there visiting my grandparents back it the 60's remember most couldn't speak much english.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of all of the European countries I visited, Switzerland was by far the finest experience of my military brat career!

I'd return there in a heartbeat! Beautiful countryside and great people!

Rick
Old 03-13-2007, 08:28 PM

PW

Don' have the information on the ST Bernard train. The big dogs are friendly and lovable. Check thw SBB Swiss train web site. The chocolate train is another fun trip. Chees factory, then on to the chocolate factory. At the end of the tour, sample all of the chocolate candies. The CH sticker on Swiss cars stands for "Chocolate"

RamNu2, would not have had a snow ball fight in 06. Some pix of the road down from the pass into Switzerland. It was a heat wave that summer. Look at the lack of snow on the mountians.

Farmer0, going to PM you with Jorg's last name, it is a common one, but your grand parents might know of his familey. He now lives in his grandparents house.

Anyone planning a Swiss trip, check on the "Swiss Pass" Good for most trasportation and museum admittance. Not the St Bernard one, it is private.
Attached Thumbnails Switzerland-switzerland-pics-124.jpg   Switzerland-switzerland-pics-093.jpg   Switzerland-switzerland-pics-128.jpg   Switzerland-switzerland-pics-121.jpg   Switzerland-switzerland-pics-119.jpg