Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

SUPERPLATE BREAKROOM 02/02 to 02/08

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hot water and a propane torch needed Larry
Old 02-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I didn't (did) that on a dare in the 1st grade. Left a good sized chunk-o-tongue out there.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:40 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Just because I can, sometimes when I'm working with my friend Mark, who has an open station Ford, I'll take off my coat, shirt and shoes, then wipe my forehead as if I'm sweating.
Are you trying to entice your neighbor? I would throw a snowball at you....

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good evening folks.....Heidi, be careful pulling that trailer tomorrow with the roads slick...I sure wish you lived closer I might a been interested in that police bike myself.
yes indeed, but we would get into trouble fer sure...loading the bike was like pulling a trusted range horse to the rendering plant

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Hey man, I told you be careful - - we are being watched. What shotgun? Noodle!!! Got it????? NOODLE!!!!!!!!!! And if the bad guys come in they will not like my noodle if I can reach it.
I'd rather grab them with my bare hands....hurt their noodle instead

lotta snow dumped, series of roof avalanches now rumble the house. snow will let up later but the wind starts then....

headed for the big bike show on Saturday- no problems.
well, except I will have to be dragged out of the house today...........kitty on lap, hot chocolate done.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:56 AM
DTR Mom

oooooo thurrr nawwww yuuuuu dellll meeeee
nice one

Scottysellmesomething, I have no doubts about that....

got my hand stuck on a car handle as a kid. best food I ever ate as all the Polish and German women in the neighborhood made sure I was okay.
cute little mittens freeze like concrete, wear only leather gloves since then
Old 02-05-2014, 03:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Power went out in the ice last night about 10 pm. Got up at 3 to drag the generator to the house and re-wire the panel. Haven;t used this generator before, so was happily surprised that judicious use up till 4pm today that it not only ran everything in the house nicely, but only used about 4-5 gallons of gas.

Several trees, oak and ceder, cut and removed from the driveway. Come and get them...

This Kentucky winter has been a dilly...
Old 02-05-2014, 04:43 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Afternoon peoples,

Originally Posted by Scotty
I didn't (did) that on a dare in the 1st grade. Left a good sized chunk-o-tongue out there.
When I was 14 we stuck/froze a piece of bologna on the bumper of my brothers car than ripped it off. It looked bad
My brother would have killed me if he found out I messed with his car..
Told the younger neighbor kids that my brother had driven off with some guy stuck to his bumper and it ripped his tongue off.
The kids were grossed out and it was funny. Kids told their Mom about it and the Cops showed up later to interrogate my brother.
I tried to convince my parents that I was doing the kids a favor by showing them how dangerous cold metal can be.
I still got in trouble.

Busy day. Get to take my wife to dinner tonight. We don't eat out very often so its always an event.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 PM
DTR Mom

sure hope it is enjoyable for you two! be a gentleman and don't wear pajamas. be careful of metal poles on your way home.....

advice I gave to my son. sheesh

all done marking and packing parts, snowing too dang hard to load trailer.
hiding in the house.

Kentucky man, feel for ya buddy. you definitely earned your hot bath!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark

When I was 14 we stuck/froze a piece of bologna on the bumper of my brothers car than ripped it off. It looked bad
My brother would have killed me if he found out I messed with his car..
Told the younger neighbor kids that my brother had driven off with some guy stuck to his bumper and it ripped his tongue off.
The kids were grossed out and it was funny. Kids told their Mom about it and the Cops showed up later to interrogate my brother.
I tried to convince my parents that I was doing the kids a favor by showing them how dangerous cold metal can be
I still got in trouble.
Geez I swear it is like you are reading my mind or something I can tell you now that something bad will happen if you, Scotty and I get in the same building together
Old 02-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Hot water and a propane torch needed Larry
Crown Royal should work pretty good at thawing me out as well
Old 02-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

I'd rather grab them with my bare hands....hurt their noodle instead
Ask Heidi's DH what he keeps in the house for self defense and he will say His Wife!

They are better off letting him wear them out with a Louisville slugger at least then they have a chance
Old 02-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by lary ellis (top)
geez i swear it is like you are reading my mind or something i can tell you now that something bad will happen if you, scotty and i get in the same building together
cool!
Old 02-06-2014, 12:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires. Stand by your pan!
I put some water in the pan with the burger so I will hear it boiling out before it catches fire. Most of what I cook inside is boiled or requires constant attention.
I've found that if you put a t-bone on a dry frying pan at real low heat, it will melt out just enough of the fat to fry itself.

Grandfather of the friend who was going to haul me home died Monday. So I need to find another ride. Think I have one. Want to go to the funeral home tomorrow.

This has been a bad winter around here. Older pool player died over the weekend. Another guy wrecked his truck on the way home from the bar a few weeks ago, limped it home and put a slug in his own head. Loyal died Monday. There was another guy who was fairly well-known and always called the open-line on the radio to comment about something or another died this week, too. And the friend who got me into the pool leagues lost one of his pre-marriage, Hell-raising-days buddies this week.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:42 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Geez I swear it is like you are reading my mind or something
I am so glad I didn't grow up close to some of our DTR members (I'm not mentioning any names Lary or Scotty).
I usually blundered my way into trouble without trying, if I had been around you guys I would probably still be doing time.

You know who probably wasn't an Angel when he was a kid was Bob. Maybe Stan also and Scott was probably a holy terror and I cant imagine what Heidi was like.
Shorts and Tallguy and..... I just realized DTR must be where delinquents go when they grow up.

Had a good time at dinner tonight.
A new, hole in the wall Mexican restaurant opened up awhile back and has
absolutely the best Mex food on the Kenai peninsula, maybe even better than Anchorage offers.
On weekends the place is packed.
The cooks (who don't speak much English) came running out of the back and
rapidly sang the worst version of happy birthday I have ever heard to my wife.
What they lacked in singing ability they made up for with enthusiasm.
They embarrassed the heck out of her and cracked everybody up.
It was great.
`
Old 02-06-2014, 05:38 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can tell you now that something bad will happen if you, Scotty and I get in the same building together
Yeah, it would smell like a goat barn and look like a rest home for the elderly.
Uh, I mean... GOOD MORNING BOSS!

It is Thursday, February 6th.

1778 - The United States gained official recognition from France as the two nations signed the Treaty of Amity and Commerce and the Treaty of Alliance in Paris.

1788 - Massachusetts became the sixth state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.

1815 - The state of New Jersey issued the first American railroad charter to John Stevens.

1899 - The U.S. Senate ratified a peace treaty between the U.S. and Spain.

1911 - The first old-age home for pioneers opened in Prescott, AZ.

1932 - Dog sled racing happened for the first time in Olympic competition.

1933 - The 20th Amendment to the Constitution was declared in effect. The amendment moved the start of presidential, vice-presidential and congressional terms from March to January.

1959 - The U.S., for the first time, successfully test-fired a Titan intercontinental ballistic missile from Cape Canaveral.

1971 - NASA Astronaut Alan B. Shepard used a six-iron that he had brought inside his spacecraft and swung at three golf ***** on the surface of the moon.

1985 - The French mineral water company, Perrier, debuted its first new product in 123 years. The new items were water with a twist of lemon, lime or orange.

1987 - President Ronald Reagan turned 76 years old and became the oldest U.S. President in history.

1998 - Washington National Airport was renamed for U.S. President Ronald Reagan with the signing of a bill by U.S. President Clinton.

1999 - Excerpts of former White House intern Monica Lewinsky's videotaped testimony were shown at President Clinton's impeachment trial.

2000 - U.S. First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton formally declared that she was a candidate for a U.S. Senate seat from the state of New York.

2002 - A federal judge ordered John Walker Lindh to be held without bail pending trial. Lindh was known as the "American Taliban."

Today's thought: (this is a bit long, but funny. And it isn't really a 'thought', but more a commentary on what this world's population is becoming)

A few days ago my best friend from high school sent me a 'Viet Nam Veteran' cap. I never had one of these before, and I was pretty hyped about it, especially because my friend was considerate enough to take the time to send it to me. Yesterday, I wore it when I went to Wal-Mart. There was nothing in particular that I needed at the world's largest retailer; but, since I retired, trips to Wally World to look at the Walmartians is always good for some comic relief. Besides, I always feel pretty normal after seeing some of the people that frequent the establishment. But, I digress... enough of my psychological fixations.
While standing in line to check out, the guy in front of me, probably in his early thirties, asked, "Are you a Viet Nam Vet?"
"No," I replied.
"Then why are you wearing that cap?"
"Because I couldn't find the one from the War of 1812." I thought it was a snappy retort.
"The War of 1812, huh?" the Walmartian queried, "When was that?"
God forgive me, but I couldn't pass up such an opportunity. "1936," I answered as straight-faced as possible.
He pondered my response for a moment and responded, "Why do they call it the War of 1812 if it was in 1936?"
"It was a Black Op. No one is supposed to know about it." This was beginning to be way fun!
"Dude! Really?" he exclaimed. "How did you get to do something that COOOOL?"
I glanced furtively around me for effect, leaned toward the guy and in a low voice said, "I'm not sure. I was the only Caucasian on the mission."
"Dude," he was really getting excited about what he was hearing, "that is seriously awesome! But, didn't you kind of stand out?"
"Not really. The other guys were wearing white camouflage."
The moron nodded knowingly.
"Listen man," I said in a very serious tone, "You can't tell anyone about this. It's still 'top secret' and I shouldn't have said anything."
"Oh yeah?" he gave me the 'don't threaten me look.' "Like, what's gonna happen if I do?"
With a really hard look I said, "You have a family don't you? We wouldn't want anything to happen to them, would we?"
The guy gulped, left his basket where it was and fled through the door. By this time the lady behind me was about to have a heart attack she was laughing so hard. I just grinned at her.
After checking out and going to the parking lot I saw dimwit leaning
in a car window talking to a young woman. Upon catching sight of me he started pointing excitedly in my direction. Giving him another 'deadly' serious look, I made the 'I see you' gesture. He turned kind of pale, jumped in the car and sped out of the parking lot.
What a great time! Tomorrow I'm going back with my Homeland Security cap.
Then the next day I will go to the license agency and wear my Border Patrol hat, and see how long it takes to empty the place.
Whoever said retirement is boring just needs the right kind of cap.

C0ffee& ph00 are as ready as they will ever be. Donuts are willing.

TOB&F today!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:05 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Yeah, it would smell like a goat barn and look like a rest home for the elderly.
Uh, I mean... GOOD MORNING BOSS!
There you go sucking up with all those flowery, feel good compliments

Quick Reply: SUPERPLATE BREAKROOM 02/02 to 02/08