Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

SUPERPLATE BREAKROOM 02/02 to 02/08

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 04:34 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After noon sherod,RRone,cougar and others,

Originally Posted by chaikwa
We get a little 'close' here with some folks and all of a sudden they're just gone. Wonder how he's doing?
I was wondering the same. I used to be real active in a rock hounding forum and I now I cant remember why I drifted away.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
We are slated for 80 degrees for all this week. Spring must have arrived.
Sigh.... 27 here. At least its a dry cold.

Originally Posted by Scotty
via teleshrewic meditation. Their minds are easy to tap into.
Dang it, that could have hurt somebody. Actually I think I can hear what they are saying and thinking at night but I cant seem to control them.
Luckily, aluminum foil will block it if I want some sleep.

Originally Posted by jhenson
then life got in the way. Still busy between family, friends, work, and school.
Nice of you to stop by when you can.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
(sad note: Davey passed away in Houston few years back..)
Didn't know that. I'm glad his name popped up.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Bark- yer a week early. I go in next Friday.
I get easily confused . Dang, having to work out the bill in advance makes a guy feel even worse.
I have a sister in-law who doesn't work, hasn't worked for years and has practically destroyed her liver with booze and drugs.
She could work if forced to. She pays no taxes and gets govt assistance.
Because hospitals have to treat if forced, she gets her medical treatment for free and you and I pay for it.
You can get a lot of free things if you have no shame.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
It is called 'United States of Bacon'. We better have figured out dinner before it comes on this week or we could be on the right path to a cardiac incident.
Luckily (or unluckily) good bacon has tripled in price over the last few years so we don't eat it all the time.

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
is it shrews or do you have a new ghost in the house?
Used to be able to blame the dog or cats for bumps in the night so now I don't know what we have.

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
thought I'd NEVER EVER say this, but... X
GO BRONCOS!!!!!!
Hey!! First Heidi and now you? I've got to say GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!! I shouted louder

------------------------------------- Denver better hope it snows!
`
Old 02-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Few hours till kick off , thought I'd NEVER EVER say this, but... X
GO BRONCOS!!!!!!
HMMMMM - - - they better get going - 22 zip at halftime.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:28 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Bark
Used to be able to blame the dog or cats for bumps in the night so now I don't know what we have.
ah, the ghost of a former pet... those are always the best.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:36 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Pretty sure Denver can pack their bags and head home......43-8......and Seattle just got the ball back........GAME OVER!!!!

Sent from my high tech squawk box
Old 02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Yikes!
Wife and I must be getting old. We really didn't think the halftime show was very good.
I had never even heard of the first act.

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
ah, the ghost of a former pet... those are always the best.
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Now I will really sleep good at night.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:46 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
wood chuck does not make a good meal. cheap hat though...waterproof.
When I had a house full of kids, we were on a live off the land kick, and I killed a woodchuck that was raiding the cabbage. Kids insisted we cook it.

Yuck. That pretty much put an end to that line of experimentation.

-22 this morning. Heard a demented chickadee singing his spring song as I was building a fire under the Pickup.

Monthly pot luck shindig at church. Got home about 2. Napped till 4. Looked out the window and the welfare white tails were laying down behind the garden, waiting for some hay. They sort of sauntered away when I walked out there. Were back within two minutes after i left.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:57 PM

Seattle was ready - - Denver was not. Wow, what a skunking. Ianna, our little leukemia granddaughter out in Seattle was all decked out in her Seahawks tea shirt with her pompoms and was cheering for HER team my son was reporting. She was enjoying it completely. Very fascinating game.

Heading for the beddy bye.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:21 PM
DTR Mom

guess I forgot to tell peyton he was playing today...

bizzare is my word for the game. but for one dollar I hit 7 times on the weird scoring.....better than vegas, baby!

gosh the food was good, shoot even had chocolate beer.

so glad to hear Fiverbobo.... you go girl!! rock the seahawk cheers !!!

my cat made better tackles....

let's have a good safe week DTR readers!!! and chiakwa
Old 02-03-2014, 12:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yikes!
Wife and I must be getting old. We really didn't think the halftime show was very good.
I had never even heard of the first act.
I don't know who was in charge of the sound check, but no one where I watched could hear a **** thing from the RHCP part of the show. I wish they would have come out shooting those things that were flopping around on the stage beforehand, though. Dude (think it was a dude) at the start sure ain't no drummer, neither.
I went to town to see a football game. I could have watched that much of a game at home, and my TV only gets a signal from the DVD player!! I do have a theory, though. New Jersey smells so bad, the stench had them distracted!!!
I had a thought during halftime. Can you imagine the response, with all the cops there, if someone had pointed a laser pointer at the (I think was a) dude's head?
When I had a house full of kids, we were on a live off the land kick, and I killed a woodchuck that was raiding the cabbage. Kids insisted we cook it.
Yuck. That pretty much put an end to that line of experimentation.
I have an uncle who tried to cook one once. I guess it stunk so bad grandma didn't let it get finished.
I get easily confused . Dang, having to work out the bill in advance makes a guy feel even worse.
I have a sister in-law who doesn't work, hasn't worked for years and has practically destroyed her liver with booze and drugs.
She could work if forced to. She pays no taxes and gets govt assistance.
Because hospitals have to treat if forced, she gets her medical treatment for free and you and I pay for it.
You can get a lot of free things if you have no shame.
That's my problem. I'll correct cashiers and waitresses if they give me the wrong change.
I was wondering the same. I used to be real active in a rock hounding forum and I now I cant remember why I drifted away.
I used to frequent a forum that, well, I'm not sure what kind of forum it started out as. But I don't wonder why I left, I wonder why I stuck around as long as I did. I mentioned something about my stepsister's one friend who added me on facebook (as her brother, the two were nearly inseparable when I was back east) and somehow that meant I was trying to pick up 15 yr olds. I wonder where their minds were that they made that particular jump. But that was enough that I finally told them where to shove it and haven't been back. Started coming in here and life got a lot brighter, too. Lots of bitter racist old guys there. One wrote his daughter out of the will for bringing home a black boyfriend, who had, at 16, took care of him through his health problems after his wife died, even taking care of her estate.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was wondering the same.
Nice of those who knew to tell us!

Badgers!

Originally Posted by j_martin
I've had 'chuck when I was a kid. Kinda garbage-y/gamey. Raccoon wasn't all that great either. But if we killed it, we ate it. Thems were the rules.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Started coming in here and life got a lot brighter...
That's mostly because I'm here. And maybe Bark too. But mostly me.

It is Monday, February 3rd.

1690 - The first paper money in America was issued by the Massachusetts colony. The currency was used to pay soldiers that were fighting in the war against Quebec.

1783 - Spain recognized the independence of the United States.

1809 - The territory of Illinois was created.

1900 - In Frankfort, KY, gubernatorial candidate William Goebels died from an assasin's bullet wounds. On August 18, 1900, Ex-Sec. of State Caleb Powers was found guilt of conspiracy to murder Gov. Goebels.

1913 - The 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified. It authorized the power to impose and collect income tax.

1916 - In Ottawa, Canada's original parliament buildings burned down.

1917 - The U.S. broke off diplomatic relations with Germany, which had announced a policy of unrestricted submarine warfare.

1918 - The Twin Peaks Tunnel began service. It is the longest streetcar tunnel in the world at 11,920 feet.

1941 - In Vichy, France, the ***** used force to restore Pierre Laval to office.

1945 - Russia agreed to enter World War II against Japan.

1966 - The first rocket-assisted controlled landing on the Moon was made by the Soviet space vehicle Luna IX.

1984 - Challenger 4 was launched as the tenth space shuttle mission.

1998 - Texas executed Karla Faye Tucker. She was the first woman executed in the U.S. since 1984.

1998 - In Italy, a U.S. Military plane hit a cable causing the death of 20 skiers on a lift.

2009 - Eric Holder was sworn in as attorney general. He was the first African-American to hold the post.

Today's thought:
All you need is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.

How is it that a team from Seattle and a team from Colorado end up playing in New Jersey, (of all places!)?

C0ffee & ph00 are ready.

TOB&F today!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:57 AM

Morning gang - - time to rise and shine - - the sun is - - uhhh, well, almost up - - - well, honestly, it is really dark out there yet. So what, rise and come get some coffee - - - and ph00 - - - and make your tea - - all is waiting for your arrival. ..............................PH00..........

guess I forgot to tell peyton he was playing today...
so glad to hear Fiverbobo.... you go girl!! rock the seahawk cheers !!!
Peyton just did not have it nor did the others on Denver - - it was not good. I think the turnovers rolled them over. Seahawks are quick on defense - - very little gets by them. You could see glimpses of the old Peyton with a few sharp passes, then suddenly he would bomb out.

Talked again with the son in Seattle after the game and Ianna was cheering as like she knew exactly what was happening - - just turned 4. She even had the 7 month old twins wound up and squealing. Son said the place was rocking with all the racket. People were out in the streets hollering, lighting off fire crackers with radios blaring the game as it was finishing - - horns honking from the cars passing by - - wild party.

OK, off to get my day running. Have a gudurn,

Bob

SCOTT - - I didn't see you - - how did you sneak in ahead of me - - didn't see you around the coffee pot either. Hmmm????? Are you sure you were here?
Old 02-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi

Bye

Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Yikes!
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Now I will really sleep good at night.
See, you have friends.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:16 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning yall.

Nice breakroom BarkBark. That's a little scary about the frame falling off the wall. I had one do that a few weeks back and the dog and I jumped out of our skin when it crashed on the tile. We were jolted into high alert but weren't certain what we were looking for.

Bob, you can say that again about the weather. We are soggy down here and need to dry out. Hello humidity.

We've jumped into a busy couple of weeks. Start off with the not good news. Dog's blood test showed kidneys, liver and other stuff as good, but his RBCs are dropping to the point of slightly anemic. If they drop further in the coming month, "It'll be a serious situation" in the words of our vet. His protein, amino acids and albumin were low. The solution, bump up protein, amino acids and albumin (egg whites are pure albumin). We began a regimen of egg whites, a lot of egg whites (2-3EWs x2/day up to 5-6EWs x2/day. I pretty much need to install a chicken coop). But since the HOA would kick us out we're buying EWs in the carton. Much more manageable; some Amino Acid supplement and I'm going to switch his kibble up to some high protein kibble (24% to 36% ought to help). Otherwise I'd be cooking the dog chicken too. I swear, I'm his personal chef now. We were joking with him that he's "high maintenance" now - pill, joint powder, AA juice, egg whites, more protein. He just looked at us with his happy face as if to say "I know" and smiled Dang dog

We spent the weekend in downtown Miami. DH ran the Miami marathon. His first. Also his last. He just wanted to say he did it. And he did. Just over 5hrs. He was on a great pace then he hit mile 19 and just crashed. But he pulled himself through and has the beat up body, tshirt and finisher's medal to prove it. I had to drive us home. He was in no condition lol

While we were at the hotel, we ran into my girlfriend and her sister. It was random coincidence that we figured out they would be in town for the race too. She's one of Chester's biggest fans. So she got to see him. She lost her pup last year when we were in DFW. She is also my friend that I would go out dancing with (remember when we ran into that parking garage pillar in her car??) Good times.

DHs cousin and her son are flying out here to stay with us for a week. We are very excited. I miss them and it'll be great to go explore fun places. They are Chester's second family so I'm happy they can see him again.

Well, I better get going as I have a ton of things to do and running out of time to do them. But wanted to share the goodness with yall.

Have a good week!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts

While we were at the hotel, we ran into my girlfriend and her sister. It was random coincidence that we figured out they would be in town for the race too. She's one of Chester's biggest fans. So she got to see him. She lost her pup last year when we were in DFW. She is also my friend that I would go out dancing with (remember when we ran into that parking garage pillar in her car??) Good times.
I remember her ...I still have that Red Shirt I wore that night out too

Sorry to hear Chester is living the life of luxury...personal chef and entourage......Glad to hear he is hanging in there

Good Morning DTR!

Quick Reply: SUPERPLATE BREAKROOM 02/02 to 02/08