Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

SUPERPLATE BREAKROOM 02/02 to 02/08

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 11:51 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
We somehow missed the winds out here in the Butte, only some light gusts. Over in Palmer and Wasilla however, they got 69-73mph gusts. Wasn't too bad around Merrill Field either, though that Jeep created quite a snow drift. No work to do at work, so I told my boss I was doing "home work". I made it sound like it was connected to the upcoming IA renewal.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:27 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Weirdness break. If it doesn't play, click on the picture.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
If Mother Nature remains grumpy then no outside chores for this boy today.
Still cold here, 4 below this morning, and now it's snowing again. Because I didn't have a choice, I went to the woods and did some logging. Snow is about 3 feet deep even in the woods. JCB hates that! Open diff's and no chains don't make for fun times in 3 feet of snow, especially when trying to pull logs. I managed to get a load decked tho so at least I'll have something to process this week when the temps warm up to 30.

Originally Posted by railroaderone
gota order new track bar for the truck
Get a real good after-market one like Moog or one of the performance ones that are about 2" in diameter and have heim joints on each end. I put 3 of Mopar's garbage on our 98 and was replacing them every 8 to 12 months. I knew when it was time because we'd get the death wobble when the ends got even the slightest amount of wear in them. The Moog one I put on last has lasted 4 years now.

Cougar, do you often have winds in your butte? I would thing that would get aggravating real quick!

Gall guy, or bladder boy, or ScottFarmer... whatever we're calling you today, how you feelin'? Glad someone is helping you out!

Afternoon you'uns.

Where's the coffee???
Old 02-08-2014, 03:39 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon RRone, NEfrmhand, and all you other groovy guys and gals in radio land. (where the heck did that come from)

Originally Posted by chaikwa
1993 - General Motors sued NBC, alleging that "Dateline NBC" had rigged two car-truck crashes
I still have the paperwork that GM sent me for my 77 plow duel side tanks truck.
Part of the settlement was a discount (that didn't amount to much) on a new truck.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Next month I need to start taking anti-malarial tablets for a short while
I understand that the level of quinine has been reduced in tonic water.
Means you will need to drink twice as many gin and tonics to prevent malaria.

Originally Posted by Scotty
I tried the shrew goo. Looks like I have a new problem now. Might order a NoNo.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Wheww Sean, I am glad to hear that.....I was sure hoping you had enough sense to spit it out when you are told you are eating ajoles
Don't forget--we are what we eat.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:19 PM

Had some oatmeal about 11. More chicken noodle soup a little while ago. Decided that one hydro/oxy/whatever codone does a fair job of taking care of the pain, so I am taking two a day instead of the 2, every 4-6 hours, they recommend. I figure using less and getting the desired result is better with something like that.
Telling my friends to swing by if they got some time. Going to get boring with just me and the dog here for a couple weeks. He does get me up and moving every couple hours, even when I don't want to.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
bladder boy lol
Old 02-08-2014, 05:13 PM

Don't know where the dog went but he better get his butt home. It was nice out today, hit freezing, still about 26 now.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wish Bob would drop by...I've been fighting with the BOSS'S computer. So far it's a draw... Come on up Bob, I know you are a whiz at fixing this stuff and how much you love it!

All because she loaded the newest version of FireFox. I got to find an older version without all the junk. Maybe tomorrow Bob will show up in my driveway......
Old 02-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Well all y'all, now is as good a time as any to shut down this week's breakroom. It has been a good'er but it is time for something new. I think I have things well prepared for the morning crew. Dragon and shrews have been fed, coffee and pH00 are setup for the early risers and there are cinnamon buns in the oven.
Hopefully those who have had a bad week can put their situation in a box and leave it behind.
I have been reading a new book and it is most awesome. It is called Dr Sleep and it is a sequel to The Shining. It has been a while since Stephen King has written a book this good. If you want to know about putting the past in little boxes and then putting them in the past, this is the book for you.
DW and I tried a new pizza recipe tonite. You fry the crust in a cast iron skillet for the first 2 stages. That is a heck of an idea and it made really good pizza.
Play safe all y'all and see you on the flip-side