Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Summer House Hang Out for June 3-9

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 03:17 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang, I could have an even better reason to buy you a burger if I had waited to make the drive.
Is the Yukon higher than normal?
Old 06-09-2012, 02:06 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mmmm beer bacon.

Tallguy, send your spare fridge and spare beer. I promise to take care of them

I'm fighting to stay awake. Was up as 545am to get my garage sale stuff out by 645. Pulled up stakes at noon, it got hot. Not many bites. But got some bulky junk gone. Sleeeppyyyyyyyy.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:23 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

evening all...

went to the range today then come home and had pancakes with Nutella.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
evening all...

went to the range today then come home and had pancakes with Nutella.
Driving range or shooting range?

Some daft woman is trying to sue the makers of Nutella because it turns out it isn't as healthy as the commercials would lead you to believe. Lady - it is half chocolate, what did you expect???
Old 06-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Bob - I am 6ft 7inches tall
Oh boy - - That is so much fun in an RV. OUCH - - - I am 6'4" and bash the noggin quite often even in my high fiver. Wife's cousin is 6'7" - - we have fun with him. Just hung up with my grandson -- he is 6'5" - - tall skinny thing - - good kid. Loves hunting so he had to pick my brain - - then the truth came out - - he wants to pick my gun closet for one of my rifles. Cute. Coming by to look them over. Fun.

Nuther week is in the books, gang - - where did it go? NOt many posts this week, guess no one much liked the cool aid. Hopefully that is a good sign for the November elections - - don't drink the coolaid.

Supper time is being hailed - - YEH.

Bobby
Old 06-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Driving range or shooting range?

Some daft woman is trying to sue the makers of Nutella because it turns out it isn't as healthy as the commercials would lead you to believe. Lady - it is half chocolate, what did you expect???
shooting range...
Its my therapy...

just going by the label, there isn't much difference between Nutella and peanut butter. Healthy? probably not as healthy as other foods, but better than Jelly
Old 06-09-2012, 08:25 PM

FO,
I can certainly relate to the therapeutic value of shooting targets. I can shoot off the deck and have lots of plinking targets for the .22 Ruger. I finally found a good target for the coyote rifle. It is a Ruger .25-06 with Leupold optics. It has a real bark for a slug that is only slightly bigger around than the .22. The target is self-healing latex disk about a foot and a half in diameter. I have to get it the next time I am at Bass Pro. I have missed 3 coyotes at only about 200 yards that I shouldn't have missed. I am convinced I have knocked the scope out of alignment.

When it is about 4 or 5 miles down range to the next humans, it is just too much work to join a range. I just have my buddies come out here. Guns first, then once we are done and the guns are locked up, it is time for wine, beer, chicken wings and steak. We are really good about not messing with the firearms and alcohol order of operations....
Old 06-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Fiver, honestly I have to duck my head so often that the RV is no big deal. Our RV is a 20 yr old 19ft Travelaire Fiver. For a Fiver, it is a small trailer but it is perfect for the DW and I - we have no kids. It has a box steel frame and weighs about 4,000lbs, empty. It was still a little too heavy for my Chevy half-ton with the 305cu. in. V8. I am pretty sure my 24v 2nd gen won't even know it is there. There is only 6' 4" of clearance inside it, so I duck all the time. The best is the shower. It only has 6' 3" of clearance and it is 2' x2' across. I have to close curtain, get wet, turn off water, open curtain, lather up, close curtain, turn water back on, rinse off then turn off water to dry off. I just wash my hair Ina basin of hot water outside the RV.

We still love our little Fiver though and have taken it off-road camping in places that most people will only take tent trailers. I have only ever resort camped once, it is not my thing. Give me a river bank or a hay field 5 miles from the next human and we are all happy.

I wouldn't know what to do if I ever had hookups......
Old 06-09-2012, 08:40 PM

There is a free national forest range about 15 miles from me. Its only a 100 yrd range, go out and throw some self healing ***** out and walk them up the range. .
Old 06-10-2012, 12:02 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
The yukon is sitting about the same as ever. We haven't risen in a while.

The river is sitting where it should, but there is more snow pack in the mountains than there was in 07 when it last flooded. Last flood didn't happen til august. Rain will help bring the snow down, and hopefully it soaks in. If not, I think will make 07 look like a walk in the park.

Last time, "they" tried to blame yukon energy for leaving the dam closed down for too long. Nobody seems to realise that miles canyon bottlenecks the Yukon river. Combine that with building within the historical flood zones upstream, and you have "stupidity". I spent a bunch of time sandbagging on that one. Took all year for my back to recover. Might not be so helpful this time around.

Liard river is about 15 inches above flood stage, and still rising, it might crest here in about a week or so.

Otherwise, first nice day of the year today. Warm, sunny, mosquitos, etc.

They closed the campbell highway last night for some reason, the south klondike is open to skagway again though. Talking about putting a bailey bridge in at the gorge washout near rancheria, and they have a solution in place toward kluane. Look at us go.

Have a good one people
Old 06-10-2012, 12:29 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by pind
The yukon is sitting about the same as ever. We haven't risen in a while.
smart aleck.