Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Summer House Hang Out for June 3-9

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well yes and no. When I was still in nursing I worked the ER at Ft Polk and at Letterman. I was involved with a lot of nasty stuff but the only thing that made me weak in the knees was natural childbirth. Even counting sponges for a C-section didn't bug me. Later I got stuck assisting in the delivery of our kids (it was the seventies). I just about puked for both of them.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Children's Benadryl liquid and Mallox
Good tip! I will have to try it. Here is another tip. Never use liquid Ex-Lax as a substitute for Mallox.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:00 PM
DTR Mom

..or put the hemorroid creme on the same shelf as the toothpaste. yeah, don't ask.

odd job day.

wow, all youz guyz picking up and moving- scarrrrrryyyyy but better weather and hopefully more fortune for you and yours! Mad, jeff, Sean, et.al.

hot tub time
Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh bugger, we have tornado warnings tonight. This is a part of North America where we don't have tornado shelters!!! DW and I got wakened up at 4:30am this morning from a lightning strike so close and loud I went to make sure the barn wasn't on fire. If I don't check in tomorrow, would someone ask Scotty to be on the lookout for me. The weather is heading east, so I might land in Saskatchewan.

Between mumps, dental abscsesses, broken septic systems, a P1693code on my truck today and now tornado warnings, this is getting biblical. Geeze, I am a nice guy I think.....

Update
I just checked and there is a monster wall cloud south-west of me, with big black bands and the sky is all green. From what I have seen on the show 'Storm Chasers' that is kinda not cool.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Oh bugger, we have tornado warnings tonight. This is a part of North America where we don't have tornado shelters!!! DW and I got wakened up at 4:30am this morning from a lightning strike so close and loud I went to make sure the barn wasn't on fire. If I don't check in tomorrow, would someone ask Scotty to be on the lookout for me. The weather is heading east, so I might land in Saskatchewan.

Between mumps, dental abscsesses, broken septic systems, a P1693code on my truck today and now tornado warnings, this is getting biblical. Geeze, I am a nice guy I think.....

Update
I just checked and there is a monster wall cloud south-west of me, with big black bands and the sky is all green. From what I have seen on the show 'Storm Chasers' that is kinda not cool.
I saw that on NOAA that there is a nasty row of super cells with tornadic activity from north to south out your way. I assume you have a basement...go to a corner if there is the sound of a locomotive nearby. Stay safe.

There's no place like Home. I'll watch for you and ToTo.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tallguy, have some fun out there and be safe.

Well, I drank all the wine in the box. Watched tv. Bored out of my mind. Worked a little outside and in the garage today. Hot. So hot. Tired and should sleep good.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a good day....
Old 06-06-2012, 08:58 AM

It's morning people.

That is all.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Update
OK - - do it - - update - - if you can - - are you OK? - - - did it happen? - - why up there - - that is the wrong place? - - check in boy - - we are concerned. ........Oh sorry, you don't need a bang on the head right now, do you. .....

Grey day down here - - spotty rain the forecast and heavy rains tomorrow. Bring it on - - pond is almost full again. Then a BIG gator will come back - - freezer is getting low. Busy busy busy - - see ya,

Bob
Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Top's Younger Twin

I think Tallguy was spared but other areas didn't do so well and there are some major mud slides in the Rockies...Trans Canada is closed.
Looks like the weather has moved over here now and is setting up for the same thing over top of us. It may move east enough to spare us but someone is going to get dumped on again nearby.

Speaking of being dumped on...

Old 06-06-2012, 11:46 AM

[QUOTE=Scotty;3110418]I think Tallguy was spared but other areas didn't do so well and there are some major mud slides in the Rockies...Trans Canada is closed.
Looks like the weather has moved over here now and is setting up for the same thing over top of us. It may move east enough to spare us but someone is going to get dumped on again nearby.

See,I told you to watch out for "climate change".I am now going to "save the Whales" and collect the whole set.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Top's Younger Twin

[QUOTE=irocpractice;3110428]
Originally Posted by Scotty
I think Tallguy was spared but other areas didn't do so well and there are some major mud slides in the Rockies...Trans Canada is closed.

See,I told you to watch out for "climate change".I am now going to "save the Whales" and collect the whole set.
MmmmMeat! All them whales will fill a few of our freezers. Nice gesture.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=Scotty;3110436]
Originally Posted by irocpractice

MmmmMeat! All them whales will fill a few of our freezers. Nice gesture.

Hmmm? Wonder if we could run our diesels on the blubber? ??????.......

CuriousBob
Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 PM

Got some rain! Also got the sprinkler line fixed with the help from my neighbor.

On a sad note, I'm out of beer
Old 06-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey all, twisters missed us. We had a storm of epic proportions but twister were all about 70 or more miles away. Just after I posted last night we lost satellite tv, internet and then electricity, in that order over a 5 minute period. Still no internet this morning so I couldn't check in until I got home tonight. Scotty mentioned that Trans-Canada hwy was closed in BC due to mudslides. The secondary highway just east of Banff was also closed due to flooding and debris on the road from downed trees and more mudslides. Crazy times around here. There is a possibility of more storms tonight but not supposed to be nearly as severe.

Thanks all for asking how we made out.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:23 PM

Hey all, twisters missed us.
Thanks all for asking how we made out.
Excellent news - - thanks for updating us. I remember hitting a culvert with my girlfriend while in college in Missouri. Man, we are driving and watching a tornado dance across a field straight for us. Stopped at a farmers driveway and we crawled in the mud and water into his culvert and hung on. His house was OK but it took out his barn and killed a couple of his cows. We went up to the house to make sure all were OK - - chased down a couple cows and two pigs and brought them back to the house. Quite an experience. Been weird weather, no doubt.

Great stock market today - - wow, wish that would keep up for a while - - that would be fun. Maybe have to wait until Nov 9th. GGRRRRR

OK, shutting down for the night - - putting this thing on a long scan and backup. Be good - - see ya manana (hey, how do I get that tilday on top of that "N?" Can't remember.

Bob

Quick Reply: The Summer House Hang Out for June 3-9