Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Summer House Hang Out for June 3-9

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Move far away from your family, send them off for the summer...
I get the point, But I live in Denmark, there is no such thing as far away

Heard this song this morning, at work at 4:30 AM, talk about things that makes you go hmmmm... anybody knows that song??

Slev
Old 06-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
I need to go workout with Scotty.
Lets do it!

Originally Posted by FiverBob
NO NO NO - - - he throws his spheres around - - be careful. .........

Bob
Shes not askeered of some spheres Bobby.

Signing up for a full yr at my old gym tomorrow. Kinda psyched up about this...I MUST promise myself not to go mental and stay cool about the weights.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Signing up for a full yr at my old gym tomorrow. Kinda psyched up about this...I MUST promise myself not to go mental and stay cool about the weights.
And the spheres. .........Hey, just came out of the exercise room. You would have been proud of me. Took it easy on the back - - light weights, but really pushed the cardio stuff. 4.7mph at 8% grade is quite an adventure. Sure glad that sucker has a kill switch before it kills me. ....

Hope it goes well, Scotty -- remember, you don't have to impress anyone including yourself.

Wimp
Old 06-04-2012, 06:47 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by Scotty
I have set up a rigorous rehab program with the doctor that will either make it or break it.
Dang! It sure seems like its taking forever to get you healed up.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by wyododge
Evening folks, been awful busy...

Might be going far away from home soon. Off shore international deep water rigs.

three calves so far, one born still. She came out early for some reason.

Y'all have a great week!!!
Offshore brazil is about to kick off a few rigs that are dedicated to MPD in deep waters.
Offshore Malaysia is running some deep water stuff.
I hear rumors there is some deep water rigs headed to the south side of the gulf.

where ya going?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:17 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4.7mph at 8% grade is quite an adventure. Sure glad that sucker has a kill switch before it kills me. ....
That hurts my heart.

Might be going far away from home soon. Off shore international deep water rigs.

Sorry to hear about the calf. Hopefully no more. As for a might be going away trip, that's the kind of news that brings mixed emotions. On one had it is a change, exciting and something new to look forward to. On the other, it's hard having one gone for long periods of time.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Well folks, just about time to shut 'er down for the night. Tomorrow might be interesting. 3 weeks ago my DW got a toothache. Eventually got to the dentist. Long story short - her tooth has died. Dead root caused a monster abscess. Infection messed her immune system up so badly she caught a case of mumps that is going around. Mumps???? Are you kidding me.... So, huge dose of antibiotics finally got the abscess under control. Mumps have run their course. Tomorrow is root canal day. It is pretty sad when she is actually looking forward to a root canal. This has been 3 weeks of h-e-double hockey sticks. I have been blessed with a mouth that our dentist calls a fortress. One wee cavity my entire life. I have no idea what a toothache actually feels like. We will be glad to see tomorrow done with. Have a good 'un DTR'onians.
Hope your wife gets better soon!

NO NO NO - - - he throws his spheres around - - be careful. .........

Bob
Don't worry, I can handle Scotty's spheres
Old 06-04-2012, 09:05 PM
DTR Mom

just don't handle scotty's depends......

wow, sorry for BOTH of you guys (Madson and WyoJeff) that finds work taking them away. Shorts also, been there/done that with the DH out..

waiting on good weather for a concrete pour at a friend's place.
looking at parts/best option for our motorized godzilla wheelchair; took down some fixed parts to bro in law, got a "wish list" back. now headed to ebay for parts....it never ends. good project though- now have other bro in law (machinist/welder/fabricator) interested. this could be a new video I am afraid.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wyo, I hope that offshore and far away is for a good reason. The definition of 'good thing' is a VERY personal decision so I won't ask what or why. That is between you and the missus and family.

As for calves, sorry to hear about still-born. You must breed calves on a different schedule than we do up here. In order for them to be strong enough for autumn, Breeders around here prefer them to be born in February or March. The steers we bought at the 4H auction were all 15 months old and born with the rest of the herd. It is probably just a latitude thing. I am a consumer not a producer, but from what I have heard, calving in an open field during a February blizzard at -10F isn't all that much fun.

I have a city job that pays the mortgage and the DW has a huge hobby veggie garden (about 1.5 acres) to make nice food, plus we have 14 acres of hay we give to a neighbor in exchange for manure for the garden each year. We think we have a pretty sweet deal. There is no way we could make any possible kind of living off 20 acres in the foothills of the Rockies. If you can supplement your income that way, good on you buddy.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well people as you know or not know i have owned my dodge for 4-5 years ....i have spent more time fixing the cussed thing then driving and thats the honest truth....... if stuff goes well ... i will leave dodgedom and travel to the DARK SIDE.....BBBWWWAAAHHHHAAAA .....i will do what i can to show my travels to darkness well off to check on some parts for my darkside project...
Old 06-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey all, should also have said thanks to Shorts for good wishes to my wife. Jaw and teeth ache tonight after root canal. Soft supper of Tilapia and steamed broccoli, an ibuprofen liquid gel and a bit of shiraz/cab and she has gone to nappy town. I really hope things start to improve tomorrow. She is a heck of a trouper, but this last month has even started to wear on her.
If this was me, I would be a wreck. I actually believe that women are better at pain than men. If men had to give birth, the human race would have been extinct millennia ago.....
Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts

Don't worry, I can handle Scotty's spheres

TallcanuckGuy...hope she gets a good rest. I always find a milkshake works for any jaw or mouth wallops. Never had a root canal but had a few fractures of the jaw and some broken teeth...and repairs afterwards. Poured in slow, no straw.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:26 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Dental work and giving birth. Both are subjects that make me cringe.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Hey all, should also have said thanks to Shorts for good wishes to my wife. Jaw and teeth ache tonight after root canal. Soft supper of Tilapia and steamed broccoli, an ibuprofen liquid gel and a bit of shiraz/cab and she has gone to nappy town. I really hope things start to improve tomorrow. She is a heck of a trouper, but this last month has even started to wear on her.
If this was me, I would be a wreck. I actually believe that women are better at pain than men. If men had to give birth, the human race would have been extinct millennia ago.....
I have quite a bit of experience with oral Surgeons and Dentists myself one thing I found that ACTUALLY works is a mouth rinse I make myself. Children's Benadryl liquid and Mallox I prefer the cherry flavored for this....mix egual parts about a table spoon of each in a small cup and then swish it around your mouth holding it in there for awhile...spit it out but don't rinse.

I do that 2 times a day and it REALLY helps...the Benadryl reduces the swelling and thus the pain, while the Mallox acts as a thick suspension liquid to help keep it on the point of pain.

I ALWAYS use it at bedtime when I have any Dental work done, that allows it to work pretty much the whole night long
Old 06-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

mornin all.

We were a bit late getting the cows bred last year. We didn't have a bull and could not find one that was any good, so we A.I.'d em. We generally try to calf in late april early may.The calves do much better, and so do we when we are out checking on them. January-February it gets down to -30. Really tough on the little ones. As far as the supplement, my cows saved our ranch in the last oil and gas slow down in 2008. We had 28 + calves and sold down to 4 over two years. We would have been in big trouble if we didn't have them. If everything holds up, this herd will provide a nice down payment on a property down south. Next year we will be back up to 19, plus calves. We just can't do the cold winters any more.

As far as off shore work, the program I am looking into puts us on a different rig every hitch. Definitely new and exciting, but it is what I have wanted to do for a long time. While in Houston last week, I met the co-ordinator and he is really pushing to get me into that division. Malaysia, Brazil, West Africa. As far as I know there is no North Sea, but that changes almost monthly.

Going away from home is a drag. But it will be a 28 day on, 28 day off rotation and a BoBo pile of frequent flier miles that I get the benefit of. So I can see a free plane trip for my beautiful bride in there sometime. Might be lucky enough to be close to Thailand. That would be very cool!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Dental work and giving birth. Both are subjects that make me cringe.
HHHMMM - - now excuse me, Bark - - but inquisitive minds just must know. Are both these events something you hate from personal experience??? ....

Afternoon gang - - hope all is well - - grabbing a ph00 and off to the races.

Bob

Quick Reply: The Summer House Hang Out for June 3-9