Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Summer House Hang Out for June 3-9

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
MMMMM KOOL AID. Let me ALTURD this place a bit.
Scotty - - - you don't understand - - being a Canuck you have no idea what it is like watching our cathode ray tube here in the states with main stream press. They feed us cool aid all day and all night - - we are now completely sold on cool aid - - we must have our cool aid - - there is no bad cool aid and if there is, it was someone else's fault. So, knowing we need more cool aid to keep a cool head, I made cool aid. We no longer think about it - - we just drink it. Underconstumble???? Speaking of which, how you doing? How is the LEGG? and arm???? and fallen arch???? Get better you big galloot.

StrawberryCoolAidBob
Old 06-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
I think you're trying to steer us in the wrong direction. Why? What's your beef with us? What'd we do to you? I think you need to hoof it over to your keyboard and write a mooooving apology! AND DON'T MILK IT!

Well Chaikwa, I am going to have to have more wine before I come up with an appropriate response to that. Beef prices are up in Alberta this year. Last year we paid $2.70/lb. This year, $3.50/lb. However, the money goes to our local 4H kids, they are really good kids and they work darn hard for their money. I will gladly pay a bit of a premium for really good beef and to support well behaved, hard working and disciplined farm kids. The steer were all around 1200 lbs. That is a lot of steaks and burgers.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:50 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats also a lot of work but probably like packing up a moose. Its worth it when you are done.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
StrawberryCoolAidBob
I think maybe some of that cool aid you drank in CA a long time ago is flashing back.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:56 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

yeah, CRT, thats the way TVs usta be made.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:03 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Evening folks, been awful busy...

Might be going far away from home soon. Off shore international deep water rigs.

three calves so far, one born still. She came out early for some reason.

Y'all have a great week!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:24 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys I completely forgot we move on Saturday night. I went to the wrong tree house and I got bit by a raccoon.

So there's coolaid? Anyone spiked it yet?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Evenin.

CRTs, coons, koolaid...

Feeling like poo a little, sore throat, sinus'. It's gonna be a great week.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Well folks, just about time to shut 'er down for the night. Tomorrow might be interesting. 3 weeks ago my DW got a toothache. Eventually got to the dentist. Long story short - her tooth has died. Dead root caused a monster abscess. Infection messed her immune system up so badly she caught a case of mumps that is going around. Mumps???? Are you kidding me.... So, huge dose of antibiotics finally got the abscess under control. Mumps have run their course. Tomorrow is root canal day. It is pretty sad when she is actually looking forward to a root canal. This has been 3 weeks of h-e-double hockey sticks. I have been blessed with a mouth that our dentist calls a fortress. One wee cavity my entire life. I have no idea what a toothache actually feels like. We will be glad to see tomorrow done with. Have a good 'un DTR'onians.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:32 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
MONDAY, back @ work after nine days off.
Yaaaaaaay

Now to see what everyone had for the past 9 days that got catagorized 'It'll wait until Ed gets back".

Have a good'n.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Dang it, TG... that sounds crappy.

Ed, haha. Have fun at work today.

Mornin to the rest of you. Still feel like poo. Gotta go stand around all morning doing stupid stuff.

Later.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by madhat
Gotta go stand around all morning doing stupid stuff.
That sounds like MY life!

MONDAY, JUNE 4th:

1674 - Horse racing was prohibited in Massachusetts.

1717 - The Freemasons were founded in London.

1792 - Captain George Vancouver claimed Puget Sound for Britain.

1812 - The Louisiana Territory had its name changed to the Missouri Territory.

1816 - The Washington was launched at Wheeling, WV. It was the first stately, double-decker steamboat.

1896 - Henry Ford made a successful test drive of his new car in Detroit, MI. The vehicle was called a quadricycle.

1911 - Gold was discovered in Alaska's Indian Creek.

1918 - French and American troops halted Germany's offensive at Chateau-Thierry, France.

1919 - The U.S. Senate passed the Women's Suffrage bill.

1924 - An eternal light was dedicated at Madison Square in New York City in memory of all New York soldiers who died in World War I.

1939 - The first shopping cart was introduced by Sylvan Goldman in Oklahoma City, OK. It was actually a folding chair that had been mounted on wheels.

1942 - The Battle of Midway began. It was the first major victory for America over Japan during World War II. The battle ended on June 6 and ended Japanese expansion in the Pacific.

1944 - The U-505 became the first enemy submarine captured by the U.S. Navy.

1944 - During World War II, the U.S. Fifth Army entered Rome, which began the liberation of the Italian capital.

1947 - The House of Representatives approved the Taft-Hartley Act. The legislation allowed the President of the United States to intervene in labor disputes.

1974 - Sally Murphy became the first woman to qualify as an aviator with the U.S. Army.

1985 - The U.S. Supreme Court upheld a lower court ruling striking down an Alabama law that provided for a daily minute of silence in public schools.

1986 - The California Supreme Court approved a law that limited the liability of manufacturers and other wealthy defendants. It was known as the "deep pockets law."

1989 - In Beijing, Chinese army troops stormed Tiananmen Square to crush the pro-democracy movement. It is believed that hundreds, possibly thousands, of demonstrators were killed.

2003 - The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill that would ban "partial birth" abortions with a 282-139 vote.

Cffee is perfect this morning!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by madhat
Evenin.

CRTs, coons, koolaid...

Feeling like poo a little, sore throat, sinus'. It's gonna be a great week.
You have company, big boy. Me thinks that Mexican food for lunch yesterday did me in. Really felt lousy toward evening and by beddy bye time it was nip and tuck with the tummy. Multiple doses of "stuff" and I finally got to sleep at 4am. Lousy night. Pretty day out so maybe I will snap out of it here shortly after I can put a little "good" food in the belly. Nice bowl of oatmeal might help.

OK, have a gudurn and stay safe today - - be thankful and pay special attention to those close to you today while they are still around.

Bob
Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
You have company, big boy. Me thinks that Mexican food for lunch yesterday did me in. Really felt lousy toward evening and by beddy bye time it was nip and tuck with the tummy. Multiple doses of "stuff" and I finally got to sleep at 4am. Lousy night. Pretty day out so maybe I will snap out of it here shortly after I can put a little "good" food in the belly. Nice bowl of oatmeal might help.

OK, have a gudurn and stay safe today - - be thankful and pay special attention to those close to you today while they are still around.

Bob
Bob BOB BOB No matter who tells you the kool aid is ok...your body and soul know its bad mojo. It wasn't the mexi-fries buddy, its the Kool Aid. Sorry to hear that yer double Depends let go.

OK, I had my doctor updates. Right arm...4 more weeks and its a green light for anything. VERY pleased with the results. Left LEGG, not so promising. Another 6 weeks before I return to work. I have set up a rigorous rehab program with the doctor that will either make it or break it. I have to get past this sticking point. 3 days a week, cycling. legg extensions and legg press after lots of stretching...work thru the pain and see how it goes.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need to go workout with Scotty.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Shorts
I need to go workout with Scotty.
NO NO NO - - - he throws his spheres around - - be careful. .........

Bob

Quick Reply: The Summer House Hang Out for June 3-9