Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Summer is here Ph00 play house JUne 2 - 8

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good morning all y'all. Well here comes another crazy Saturday, we have rain in the forecast tomorrow so all of the weekend work has to get done today. That means roto-tilling parts of the big garden, mow the lawn, roto-till the tomato garden, take the snow tires off the car AND put up the pool. I am going to be one tired little cowpoke by supper time tonight!!

Have a good day and keep it between the navigational beacons.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:22 AM

oh yeah - and put the summer tires ON the car.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Well I feel better - - - sounds like I am not the only hassled one around here. Just came in from sealing the lanai pavers - - look gorgeous. Phone rang - - the son from Seattle. He said open up your email. Here is a picture of the twins - - THEY ARE HERE. They are one month early but decided they were big enough. Quite a story behind the delivery, but it all came out good due to a possible two hour wait for the ferry to get over to the island knowing they had to come back to the hospital this morning for more tests. So, they said fooey on it and got a hotel room. Got to bed about midnight - - - at 1:30 the son is awakened by a holler from the wifey - - - TODD - - you know, the kind that says "we are in trouble." Her water had broken and the bed was a mess. Sooooo, up they get, head for the hospital, get stopped by a cop - - he looked in the window, saw her, said congratulations and slow down. She delivered the twins about 3:30ish. They are about 1 month early, but the boy is 6lb7oz, the girl is 6lb9oz and 19 and 20" long. Everyone is doing well. We were worried - - mommy is 48 years old. But all seems well. We head out there a week Monday to be Nana and Grandy, cook, bottle wash, clean house, feed the 3yo and the rest of them, take care of the horses and chickens, and then play with the little ones. Should be a grin. Sure happy all came out well.

OK, sorry for the long story, but very happy this morning. I will grab a ph00 and shut up. ...........

OH HEY, did I tell you what happened early this morning??? Oh yeh, I did. ......

Bob
Old 06-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FiverBob
OK, sorry for the long story, but very happy this morning.
Best story you've had in a long, LONG time! Congrats to you and Mrs Fiver! But the babies have been born now, so there's no need for you to go traipsing out there. (that IS the event you were going out there for, right?) Stay home and finish the lanny-thing. You can see the kids when they graduate college and can support you. Think PRACTICAL Bob!

Afternoon y'all!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Oh, and by the way BOB...

If YOU have pics of the newborns, why don't WE have pics of the newborns?
Old 06-08-2013, 01:25 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JWBM actually I live in Vermont,, no hard feelings on the name calling though
Old 06-08-2013, 01:36 PM

That is wonderful news Fiver. You are allowed to tell stories like THAT any time.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Oh, and by the way BOB...

If YOU have pics of the newborns, why don't WE have pics of the newborns?
OK Mr. Admin - - pic is pending - - go do your thing, big boy. LOL
Bob
Old 06-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Awesome news Bobby!
Like Scott said...stay home. Do something.
Really cool news!
Old 06-08-2013, 05:38 PM

Good evening folks, I amy not be up to FiverBob's level of daily productivity but I beat the heck out of that 'Honey Do' list. To give credit where it is due, DW helped me with some of it and worked her way through her own list. Lawn is mowed, gardens are tilled, lots of trimming is done, the greenhouse is good to go for another year and the final components of the irrigation system are hooked up. Oh yeah, and a bunch of the trench from the septic work we had done over the winter is properly backfilled and covered with nice black loam and grass seed. Now, if only we had thought to figure out dinner. We will figure out something, but we make much healthier dinner choices when we figure it out before we are tired and hungry.

I still don't see pictures of Fiver's new grandkids!!
Old 06-08-2013, 05:56 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Hey yall. I cant beat anyone's day. Tallguy and his DW whipped me. I woke up, had coffee, chilled, emailed DH, pulled out the marinading flank, started the bbq pit, got fajitas done, had some tequila and coke (so I haven't grocery shopped in a eek and a half Played with the dog, burned some more bark scraps (actual bark from mesquite, pecan and oak wood chopping sessions, not our beloved Bark)..

I'm chillin now, still burniing scraps, having beverges, watching tv and buzzpostng on the internet
Old 06-08-2013, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Good evening folks, I amy not be up to FiverBob's level of daily productivity but I beat the heck out of that 'Honey Do' list. To give credit where it is due, DW helped me with some of it and worked her way through her own list. Lawn is mowed, gardens are tilled, lots of trimming is done, the greenhouse is good to go for another year and the final components of the irrigation system are hooked up. Oh yeah, and a bunch of the trench from the septic work we had done over the winter is properly backfilled and covered with nice black loam and grass seed. Now, if only we had thought to figure out dinner. We will figure out something, but we make much healthier dinner choices when we figure it out before we are tired and hungry.

I still don't see pictures of Fiver's new grandkids!!
Doesn't sound like you were any slouch today - - you got lots done. I am paying the price for my day - - - boy I hurt. Lifted a bunch of concrete pads into the truck - - they were heavy and now I hurt. As for the picture, a certain administrator is AWOL and has not appoved it. He asked for it, but now he is goofing off rather than do his job. Oh well, maybe we need to cut him some slack -- maybe he had a productive day also.......

More rain - - we are sure getting it - - sure different on those pavers when it rains since I sealed them.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:48 PM

OK, here ya go. Our new twins as of 3:30am this morning. This is our son in Seattle area.

The one on the right is the boy holding his sister's hand. He is going to be a protective brother - - - uhhh, yeh - - for now anyway. LOL

Nana and Grandy are quite proud.

Bob and Marian
Old 06-08-2013, 08:50 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Congrats Bob
Old 06-08-2013, 09:11 PM

I'll see if I can get pics of my tracks in the morning. There's no cattle on that pasture to muck them up. Corry said when he saw the bike sink he thought "oh great" but didn't think I would hear him yell, I wouldn't have. Did good til it stopped. I'm not going to re-create the event. Can't anyhow, the lower right ball joint took a dump on the foreman and it's at the shop right now waiting on new ones. Honda dealer said they couldn't look at it til the 19th, so it's at the Yamaha shop.

Quick Reply: Summer is here Ph00 play house JUne 2 - 8