Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Summer is here Ph00 play house JUne 2 - 8

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
steer me twards the beef...yum
I have a local connection for a side of beef, a pig and some free range chickens.

Getting new sidewalk and sewer lines and water lines and the entire street here over the next few wks. Gonna be nice.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Top's Younger Twin

I rarely post outside the breakroom here so I'm posting here for a request of Prayers for my Father Inlaw.
He's having surgery this afternoon and last time was very difficult with his Diabetes and infections post op. He needs the surgery so the risk is something we have to take.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:13 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by twichit
morning off to work then after that off to to sit down with our crazy [ actually crazy] landlord an find out whats got the bvds in a twist ....
When I was young, just out of the Navy, I rented a one room apartment from an Irish woman. When she went off, I cowered.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang - - busy day so far. Tired all ready and only 1:30 - - mostly on knees or bending over and that is so hard on that back - - OUCH. Got a lot done but not enough. Had to clean up and head to the heart electrician doc. Maybe he can find something going on that is simple - - YEH. I like that thought.

Originally Posted by Scotty
I rarely post outside the breakroom here so I'm posting here for a request of Prayers for my Father Inlaw.
He's having surgery this afternoon and last time was very difficult with his Diabetes and infections post op. He needs the surgery so the risk is something we have to take.
You got it - - God does some amazing things - look in the mirror. Praying for him. Stay close to Punta Dunta - - she will need it right now.

OK, off to doc - - ya'll be good today.

Bob
Old 06-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
You wouldn't be tryin' to steer him wrong, would you?
Chaikwa - Scotty doesn't need any help from me in that category, he can go way too far wrong all on his own.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Chaikwa - Scotty doesn't need any help from me in that category, he can go way too far wrong all on his own.
Hey! I resemble that comment.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiverbob.... are you still planning on that boattrip Down the Danube?

If so, I really hope it ainīt the first few weeks, seems like everything down there is sailing away right now.
Heard on the radio this morning about a town where the waterlevel was 13 meters (thatīs somewhere around 40 feet) above normal

In my neck of the woods weather is as good as it gets, sunshine and Little Wind, around 70*F so Iīve been mowing my lawn, and playing sooccer with my son, and tomorrow is a Holiday....no work .
Iīll send my prayers for your FIL Scotty.

Slev
Old 06-04-2013, 06:52 PM

Sprayed muskthistle today. There's not a lot of it, but where it's at, there's a bunch. Using dye sure helps keep track of where you've been too. Especially if you use a little extra, can see a sprayed plant from over 100 feet away.

Boss' uncle (86) is looking into getting re-manned knees. The cartilage has been gone for years.

Summer session of pool (TAP league) starts tonight, getting a shower and headed out pretty quick here.

A friend (33) moved his girlfriend in with him (22) last fall, and he doesn't hardly talk to any of his friends anymore, she tells everyone she works with that she's not allowed to work with or talk to any other men (BS!!) and I sat down with the weekend paper this morning, his house goes up for trustee's sale end of the month. He's known he lost it for at least three weeks, but he won't even tell his best friend that, he didn't know about it til I told him this morning.

She is manipulating him into acting like a dumb*** kid and he thinks it's great.

A girl who used to rent a room off him was hiding his mail for a while. Got home one day and no power and no gas, they shut it off. Him and another friend found about a month and a half or mail she had hid from him after he kicked her out. I think this one got the idea to do that, then just get it out for him a few days after the due date. That way she can blame the post office. I know her dad's reputation and that's the type of thing he would do.

She even talked him into walking out of the 4-wheeler shop where he's been turning wrenches because he didn't have enough time off (worked Saturdays) and wasn't making enough money. So now he drives an hour each way, works 6 days a week, for another $2 an hour. I don't think the $2 pays for his gas, because he'd put $30 in his Dakota and drive to work all week with it at the bike shop.

If she would stay home instead of burning a tank of gas every other day through that Dakota, or get and actually keep a job they could easily afford to live on what he was making at the bike shop. She's worked at just about every place in town that she is qualified to work at, and hasn't lasted over 2 weeks, except for the liquor store.

I'd like to go and slap the crap outta him, but I know he can take me, so that would be pointless.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Evening gang. Some work done today but broken up by seeing the heart "electrician." Amazing what these guys/gals can do - - - also a bit scary. Not sure I want them up in my heart with their shocking machine.

Originally Posted by slevhansen
Fiverbob.... are you still planning on that boattrip Down the Danube?

If so, I really hope it ainīt the first few weeks, seems like everything down there is sailing away right now. Slev
We are - - we are. Never thought of this but tell us the best months to go and to include a few weeks in Austria on the end of that trip. In fact, is that the best place to get on the boat? We are planning on it for the our spring or fall, but also going to Alaska for the whole summer. So, the trip would be early spring or early fall. What say ye???

Heading for the beddy bye. Long day. No rain today - - predicted for a lot of rain and heavy rains tomorrow. We will see. Take care and sleep well.

Bob
Old 06-05-2013, 12:14 AM

Was gonna ask the one girl on my pool team if she'd like to go to the Kid Rock concert in North Platte with me later this month. She went and got herself a boyfriend since the last session ended.

I wouldn't know what to do if she had actually said yes anyhow.

Tonight kinda sucked.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Was gonna ask the one girl on my pool team if she'd like to go to the Kid Rock concert in North Platte with me later this month. She went and got herself a boyfriend since the last session ended.

I wouldn't know what to do if she had actually said yes anyhow.

Tonight kinda sucked.
If she would've said yes, you would have gone to that concert, And you would have had fun, ya hear.
Now you just go invite another one, but you're still gonna have fun eh.

Slev
Old 06-05-2013, 02:50 AM

Bob If you want to stay warm, September would be the latest time of year to go, after that it gets kinda Cold.

I donīt have any ideas as to where the best place to get on a boat would be, but there are lots of travelagencies that offers rivercruises.
Seems like a nice ride too, and it is kinda funny thinking that most of the Castles and such has been there longer than anybody has known about America...(if you still believe that Columbus was the first to discover America that is).
But right now itīs high tide on them rivers, Iīll keep an eye on the news for ya, maybe it ainīt so bad afterall.

Coffee is on, phoo too, and since itīs a Holiday I got eggs and bacon for everybody, come and get it

Slev
Old 06-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by slevhansen
... if you still believe that Columbus was the first to discover America that is.
No one 'discovered' America, it was always here and inhabited. People came here and took control by means of force.

Today is Wednesday, June 5th.

1752 - Benjamin Franklin flew a kite for the first time to demonstrate that lightning was a form of electricity.

1794 - The U.S. Congress prohibited citizens from serving in any foreign armed forces.

1884 - U.S. Civil War General William T. Sherman refused the Republican presidential nomination, saying, "I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected."

1917 - American men began registering for the World War I draft.

1924 - Ernst F. W. Alexanderson transmitted the first facsimile message across the Atlantic Ocean.

1933 - President Roosevelt signed the bill that took the U.S. off of the gold standard.

1940 - During World War II, the Battle of France began when Germany began an offensive in Southern France.

1942 - In France, Pierre Laval congratulated French volunteers that were fighting in the U.S.S.R. with Germans.

1944 - The first B-29 bombing raid hit the Japanese rail line in Bangkok, Thailand.

1946 - The first medical sponges were first offered for sale in Detroit, MI.

1975 - Egypt reopened the Suez Canal to international shipping, eight years after it was closed because of the 1967 war with Israel.

1981 - In the U.S., the Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported that five men in Los Angeles were suffering from a rare pneumonia found in patients with weakened immune systems. They were the first recognized cases of what came to be known as AIDS.

1986 - A federal jury in Baltimore convicted Ronald W. Pelton of selling secrets to the Soviet Union. Pelton was sentenced to three life prison terms plus 10 years.

1998 - A strike began at a General Motors Corp. parts factory near Detroit, MI, that closed five assembly plants and idled workers across the U.S. for seven weeks.

1998 - Volkswagen AG won approval to buy Rolls-Royce Motor Cars for $700 million, outbidding BMW's $554 million offer.

2004 - The U.S.S. Jimmy Carter was christened in the U.S. Navy in Groton, CT.

Today's thought:
Welcome every problem as an opportunity. Each moment is the great challenge, the best thing that ever happened to you . The more difficult the problem, the greater the challenge in working it out.

C0ffee's on.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Wow, super quiet day in the breakroom. Hooray, the sun is finally out in southern Alberta. The weatherman said that we have already gotten a third of the average June rainfall and June is only 5 days old. No wonder there is standing water in the garden and a lot of the fields. Maybe DW and I should have planted rice and cranberries this year instead of onions and potatoes....

Play safe all y'all
Old 06-05-2013, 04:38 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well figured out how my landlord works..all I can say is im not renewing my lease for sure..slow here in towdum dosent sound much better out there

Quick Reply: Summer is here Ph00 play house JUne 2 - 8