Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Summer is here Ph00 play house JUne 2 - 8

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guess i should have sent the tree tractor/backhoe to ya.......sent chaikwa those lil pies in the tin pans he liked..........

was going to drive up the mountain to get to a clear view North, watch the Northern Lights... always wanted to see that stuff.....too tired now.

a steer auction is so fun to watch, hard working kids make it worth it.
you have Limosine cattle out ther TG?

appearantly surgery made me a better shot. killed 5 squirrels who ran from the bird feeders. nope, will not eat squirrel at my age. Army field duty yes, better than C rations.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mom,
We definitely have Limousin cattle out here - note slightly different spelling. The whole 'Black Angus' thing is a total marketing scam I think though. As far as I have been able to tell 'prime' rated beef all taste the same = yumm.

As for another of your topics, we get to sit in the hot-tub and watch awesome multi-coloured northern lights a half-dozen or so times a year. It is one of the compensations for living 2 hours north of the 49th parallel.

Finally, one of my colleagues served in Somalia with the Canadian forces. He said that he could deal with most of the Canadian c-rations. There was one noteable exception. The exception was scrambled eggs. The Canadian troops called it lung in a bag because of what it looked like after heating. He told me that they used to employ Somali locals on the base for clerical tasks. Remember that UN forces were in Somalia when the drought was so bad that thousands of people were dying due to lack of food and water. The Canadian forces paid the locals with c-rations. The scrambled eggs were so bad that the Somali they employed refused to eat them. To me, that seems a pretty fair testimonial to how bad combat rations can be.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:09 PM

One more good laugh for all y'all as I shut down for the night. There was a story on the morning news on the TV today. I was cooking so I wasn't paying attention but suddenly my wife looked up and said 'What the heck?' (she actually said something slightly different but it would violate forum rules to repeat it verbatim). She was stunned to hear that some was lassoing Obama in Tennessee. Now I can understand the desire to do so BUT to actually do so is a different matter all together. We both paid closer attention the next time the news story was on, the person was lasooing Lamas, not Obamas. Not the same but...........
Old 06-02-2013, 10:31 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
One more good laugh for all y'all as I shut down for the night. There was a story on the morning news on the TV today. I was cooking so I wasn't paying attention but suddenly my wife looked up and said 'What the heck?' (she actually said something slightly different but it would violate forum rules to repeat it verbatim). She was stunned to hear that some was lassoing Obama in Tennessee. Now I can understand the desire to do so BUT to actually do so is a different matter all together. We both paid closer attention the next time the news story was on, the person was lasooing Lamas, not Obamas. Not the same but...........
Pretty close comparison when you consider what comes out of their mouths.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:38 PM

I didn't get much done today other than getting groceries and burning a pork shoulder steak. Dog pushes the storm door open and lets it snap shut a few times before going out at night because of skunks. It was connected to a piece of trim, that wasn't connected to much else very well. The wind took it off the house the other day. So for now I have to shut the inside door. So I can't smell or hear the grill. Luckily there were two to a package, the first one was a charcoal briquette.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Always wanted to see the Northern Lights in person ... That's got to be a peaceful feeling.

Think I'd like to try buying beef off the auction ....if young un's are raising them for profit, then I'm all for it !! Need to get my deep freeze juiced up with freon first, I reckon.

Coffee is suuuuure tasting exceptional this morning. Did someone add some sawdust to the mix or something ??

Y'all have a wonderful Monday ...try not to strangle anyone, aight ??
Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 06-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Always wanted to see the Northern Lights in person ... That's got to be a peaceful feeling.

Coffee is suuuuure tasting exceptional this morning. Did someone add some sawdust to the mix or something ?? PISTOL
Since you are the first one in this morning, you either made fresh or you are drinking the night slush. I smelled it and passed on the ph00. Guess I will wisk up a fresh pot.

Northern lights are neat. Got a bunch of them in Alaska and Newfoundland. I remember seeing them once in a while Minnesota while in college there. Really cool.

Went out to go to work and it is raining. Checked weather report - - rain all week. Big front in the gulf moving in with Wednesday as the big day for lots of rain. There goes all my best laid plans for wrapping up the lanai this week. GGGGRRRRR .................................OK I will shut up.

Grabbing ph00 - - - gone. .................

Bob
Old 06-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Administrator

... the person was lasooing Lamas...
Someone say 'Llama'?

The whole 'Black Angus' thing is a total marketing scam I think though.
I agree. I bought a 'sleeve' of frozen Angus patties at Sam's club a week or so ago. 24 patties for $3.99. They don't shrink much when cooking, but they don't taste much like hamburger either!

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Coffee is suuuuure tasting exceptional this morning. Did someone add some sawdust to the mix or something ??
It's been awhile since you've been in Pistol, but that's the way the coffee IS now! Thought you'd like it!

Morning all.

It's Monday, June 3rd.

1784 - The U.S. Congress formally created the United States Army to replace the disbanded Continental Army. On June 14, 1775, the Second Continental Congress had created the Continental Army for purposes of common defense and this event is considered to be the birth of the United States Army.

1800 - John Adams moved to Washington, DC. He was the first President to live in what later became the capital of the United States.

1805 - A peace treaty between the U.S. and Tripoli was completed in the captain's cabin on board the USS Constitution.

1938 - The German Reich voted to confiscate so-called "degenerate art."

1952 - A rebellion by North Korean prisoners in the Koje prison camp in South Korea was put down by American troops.

1959 - The first class graduated from the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO.

1965 - Edward White became the first American astronaut to do a "space walk" when he left the Gemini 4 capsule.

2003 - Toys "R" Us, Inc. announced that it had signed a multi-year agreement with Albertson to become the exclusive toy provider for all of all of Albertson's food and drug stores.

Have a good day all!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hmmm I posted... at least I tried amd kept getting an error like I was offline but I'm not. Maybe this will post.
I slow bbq'd chicken with some mesquite and wow did it turn out nice. Now I need to buy a cow and a pig...do some more.

Have a goodurn DTR folk!

smoke phoo for olive ewe.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Scotty
Hmmm I posted... at least I tried amd kept getting an error like I was offline but I'm not. Maybe this will post.
Yep, took me 3 tries to get on too.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:23 PM

The whole 'Black Angus' thing is a total marketing scam I think though.
I agree. I bought a 'sleeve' of frozen Angus patties at Sam's club a week or so ago. 24 patties for $3.99. They don't shrink much when cooking, but they don't taste much like hamburger either!
It's been a pretty effective marketing ploy.

There are a couple criteria you can use to label beef as "certified angus". One is papers on the cow, another is how much of its hair is black. Yes, you can have another breed of cow come through, and as long as a minimum percentage of its hair is black, the meat can be labeled as "certified angus beef". Seems to me there is another criteria that can be used, but I can't remember what it is.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
I slow bbq'd chicken with some mesquite and wow did it turn out nice. Now I need to buy a cow and a pig...do some more.

Have a goodurn DTR folk!

smoke phoo for olive ewe.
Scotty - I could have set you up with a steer yesterday.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
It's been a pretty effective marketing ploy.

There are a couple criteria you can use to label beef as "certified angus". One is papers on the cow, another is how much of its hair is black. Yes, you can have another breed of cow come through, and as long as a minimum percentage of its hair is black, the meat can be labeled as "certified angus beef". Seems to me there is another criteria that can be used, but I can't remember what it is.
Maybe black hair on soybeans.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Scotty - I could have set you up with a steer yesterday.
Y9ou wouldn't be tryin' to steer him wrong, would you?

Morning all. Thought y'all might wanna see this video to get yer day off an' runnin'! These guys do a full days work just keeping the machinery running, never mind actually MAKING anything!

Today is Tuesday, June 4th.

1792 - Captain George Vancouver claimed Puget Sound for Britain.

1812 - The Louisiana Territory had its name changed to the Missouri Territory.

1816 - The Washington was launched at Wheeling, WV. It was the first stately, double-decker steamboat.

1896 - Henry Ford made a successful test drive of his new car in Detroit, MI. The vehicle was called a quadricycle.

1911 - Gold was discovered in Alaska's Indian Creek.

1918 - French and American troops halted Germany's offensive at Chateau-Thierry, France.

1939 - The first shopping cart was introduced by Sylvan Goldman in Oklahoma City, OK. It was actually a folding chair that had been mounted on wheels.

1940 - The British completed the evacuation of 300,000 troops at Dunkirk, France.

1942 - The Battle of Midway began. It was the first major victory for America over Japan during World War II. The battle ended on June 6 and ended Japanese expansion in the Pacific.

1944 - The U-505 became the first enemy submarine captured by the U.S. Navy.

1944 - During World War II, the U.S. Fifth Army entered Rome, which began the liberation of the Italian capital.

1974 - Sally Murphy became the first woman to qualify as an aviator with the U.S. Army.

1986 - Jonathan Jay Pollard, a former Navy intelligence analyst, pled guilty in Washington to spying for Israel. He was sentenced to life in prison.

1986 - The California Supreme Court approved a law that limited the liability of manufacturers and other wealthy defendants. It was known as the "deep pockets law."

1998 - George and Ira Gershwin received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Today's thought:
And those who pass on kindness and love as they journey through this life are carrying out the rules for the good and happy life.

C0ffee & ph00 are ready. Enjoy!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:45 AM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
morning off to work then after that off to to sit down with our crazy [ actually crazy] landlord an find out whats got the bvds in a twist ....

Quick Reply: Summer is here Ph00 play house JUne 2 - 8