Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sulastic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sulastic?

Question. Is Sulastic a valid company? looking to soften the ride of a 2500 while not hauling a load, but still have the ability to haul a full load when the desire or need comes. They advertise that they can accomplish this by replacing the rear shackle with thier product. I have contacted two dealers that are listed on the Sulastic site and both have no idea what this product is or have never heard of this product and to top it off - know nothing of how they got to be a (Gold dealer). input please. thanks And yes I know of the leaf spring kits. Just a lot more cash.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:14 PM

Thumbs down

Hi
I just installed a set on my 2wd dually and proceeded to take them off. The ride only improved over speed bumps or large bumps it did absolutely nothing for the normal driving and freeway expansion joints. The shackles also lifted the back of the truck an 1.5" to 1.75" which they advertise less than a 1/4" difference in ride height. Their customer support is about worthless the only way they will talk to me is if I block my phone number. Still trying to get a R.O. number from them. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The old Velvet Ride Shackles were a far superior product.

Ryan
Old 08-21-2008, 02:47 AM

Friend has them on his duramax and says they have helped. But this is on a lifted truck that might not have had the best lift out there.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 AM

we also installed a set on a f-350 with an 8 inch lift it rode a little better but this truck still beats you to death. it also lifted the back of his truck a full inch when sulastic advertises less then a 1/4 inch ride height difference. in my opinion they are not worth the money. i wish they didn't shut down the old bf goodrich velvet ride shackle product line, that set up used to really work well.