Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Stupid things yall have done

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 09:21 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Stupid things yall have done

I done something stupid today. :'(

I was installing someones cable and hit thier main power leads, shutting power off to the whole house. Being a contractor, I am liable for everything, including the hotel pool their kids are swimming in right now >.

It was a bad day :-
Old 08-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The two things that come to mind are priming a carburetor with a 5-gallon can of gas and saying the words “OK hit it”. …………..Got the scars to prove it.

And blowing the “Smoky Bear “ hat off of a state patrolman at 65 Mile/ Hr in a 55 zone As he was waving me to the side.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:25 PM

THouhgt of another big brainer me and some buddies did one night.

--Dumped 5 gallons of gasoline into a lake, and threw in a firecracker. You know how gas spreads on water real fast. Well, you would have sworn all of Lake superior was on fire. And the brown streaks we left runnin down the road are what ledgends are made of. But, lived to tell about it.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:51 PM

Drove my friend's 3 wheeler into my pond in the back yard. The big nobby tire do help it float (up side down that is)!
Old 08-19-2003, 11:07 PM

If you get off the 3 or 4 wheeler it WILL float right side up. and you can apply throttle and walk it across the lake, pond, etc. Just a helpful hint.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll only offer one.

Buddy and I decided to take a spirited ride from Loveland up the Big Thompson Canyon to visit some young ladies in Estes Park. This is a fun ride up a popular winding mountain road that follows a river canyon.

We made very good time on the ride up. The ride down turned into a full on race. We never saw the two officers who attempted to pull us over until they caught up to us several minutes after we arrived at the full roadblock at the mouth of the canyon - 7 Sheriff's vehicles lined up with shotgun wielding officers laying across the hoods, just like in the movies.

Here's the official stats according to the arresting officer's report:

Distance traveled from first attempted contact to point of arrest - 16 miles.

Time elapsed - 9:40.

Average speed - 99 mph.

Top speed (clocked by officer #2 as we passed by his cruiser) - 153 mph.

Time and Day - 2:00 p.m., Sunday.

Traffic flow - heavy.

Number of days spent as an involuntary live-in guest of the county - 30. :'(

Before we got married, my then fiance sold that bike (1983 V65 Magna) and used the money to pay for her wedding dress. Haven't owned a bike since.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:34 PM

well cats fan. I have been in the same boat. only it was 24hrs and not 30 days :
DM01
Old 08-20-2003, 08:22 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=TxCummins04 link=board=10;threadid=18435;start=45#msg174787 date=1061352476]
If you get off the 3 or 4 wheeler it WILL float right side up. and you can apply throttle and walk it across the lake, pond, etc. Just a helpful hint.
[/quote]

Not necessarily. The 4 wheeler I drove into the pond had bigger tires on the back than the front (as do most 4 wheelers). That thing was floating in the rear....but the headlights were shining down into no man's land....errrrrr, water. I wasn't on it either....I jumped off before it hit the water. Applying throttle wouldn't have gotten it anywhere.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:56 PM

Well every time I did it but ya depending on your tires too. Both of my 4wheelers have dirt devils on the back. (kinda exreme mud tire) So they kinda floated. ;D
Old 08-21-2003, 07:58 AM

Driving in to work yesterday morning and a guy in his little white 4-banger car was trying to push me down the road. No, I didn't hit the brakes - when traffic in the right lane cleared, I finally moved over out of his way. Then moved right back behind him about 3 feet from his back bumper at 75 - 80 mph. Thank God nothing happened, but

THAT WAS STUPID ON MY PART!!!!

I try to not let these people get to me, but like everyone else out here, I'm human.

DW
Old 08-21-2003, 01:14 PM

[quote author=DeaconWayne link=board=10;threadid=18435;start=45#msg175180 date=1061470707]
Driving in to work yesterday morning and a guy in his little white 4-banger car was trying to push me down the road. No, I didn't hit the brakes - when traffic in the right lane cleared, I finally moved over out of his way. Then moved right back behind him about 3 feet from his back bumper at 75 - 80 mph. Thank God nothing happened, but

THAT WAS STUPID ON MY PART!!!!

I try to not let these people get to me, but like everyone else out here, I'm human.

DW
[/quote]

Solution: Install 2 stacks and DD3's!
Old 08-21-2003, 01:16 PM

Went to a neighboring town with a new buddy I had met a couple weeks earlier. He wanted me to go show off my stacks(at the time) and my smoke! ;D

Well we had only been in town 15 minutes, busted the block once and was in the process of doing it again when he says "SMOKE IT UP" as we turn on a side street...4th gear at about 1200RPM did it really nice!

When the smoke cleared though I had a crown vic trying to eat my *@%! :-X

He was all > and gave me a good chew'n but couldn't give me a ticket for anything, my buddy got the royal chewing of his life! > > >
Old 08-21-2003, 01:37 PM

I know something else you did that was stupid ;D care to tell everyone?
DM01
Old 08-21-2003, 05:00 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=DeaconWayne link=board=10;threadid=18435;start=45#msg175180 date=1061470707]Then moved right back behind him about 3 feet from his back bumper at 75 - 80 mph[/quote]

Why the extra 2 feet?? :
Old 08-21-2003, 05:24 PM

Why stacks? Make it come straight back beside the trailerhitch that way it goes right on his car. Then he will have to go home and wash it and get all the soot off his little 4 banger.

P.S. If you use propane it makes little dropplets in it so it will stick to the car even better. ;D

Quick Reply: Stupid things yall have done