Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Stupid things yall have done

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Stupid things yall have done

Hmmm.....

Acetylene bomb in a Delo jug with a firecracker for a fuse...(hearing loss)

Marrying an Italian Princess (she thought)

75 MPH through 2 foot washboard ( over the bars on the last one, couldn't walk for a week)

Trying to jump off of a 10 foot high haul road on a beach cruiser

Running into burning buildings. Staying in burning building well after my faceshield and reflective tape started to melt (2nd degree burns on my knees and shoulders)

Running through burning weeds

The last two I still do every chance I get ;D Can't remember anymore due to that nasty bump on the head I got from doing something stupid that I can't remember....
Old 08-18-2003, 12:27 PM

Humm the dumbest comes to mind here buddy of mine got a new suzuki sidekick and brought it to the local motocross track where we were al riding. Left it parked with the keys in it while out riding. Me and another guy jumped in it and tried to do a small double near the finish line for the crowd and came up short and flipped it end over end. My dad is still yelling at me over it!
Old 08-18-2003, 12:37 PM

After 44yrs I bought a FURD but I did sell it within 6 months. ;D ;D

ramguy
Old 08-18-2003, 12:50 PM

"... yes honey, of course I turned off the electricity to this outlet..."
Old 08-18-2003, 01:28 PM

Well i'd like to share some of mine but when thinking of stupid things in the past my friends usually come to mind first. When i was 16 or 17, a friend of mine was rebuilding an old go kart he got ahold of. Well it came time to clean out the gas tank and for some reason they thought it'd be better to burn the crap out of it by droppin a match in it, well as i'm sure some of you know, vapors are hella flammable...After he dropped the match in, the tank shot a flame about 6 feet in the air. Not to mention my friend lost all of the hair on his face. I was rollin on the ground laughing for HOURS.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmmm.....hang on....I need to go out and check something on my truck.... :-X
Old 08-18-2003, 01:59 PM

Actually, I'm surprised I'm still alive and walking...

Sparkchaser...I too do that hillclimbing stuff..pretty scary..its a gravity controlled crash..I hate when they miss catching your bike..and you're below it...ouch.

Old 08-18-2003, 06:06 PM

[quote author=FMF MX link=board=10;threadid=18435;start=30#msg174001 date=1061233168]
Actually, I'm surprised I'm still alive and walking...

Sparkchaser...I too do that hillclimbing stuff..pretty scary..its a gravity controlled crash..I hate when they miss catching your bike..and you're below it...ouch.

[/quote]

LOL- Keeps thing's exciting though..
I used to race the 250 pro- am class, but kid's and time ended that. Hillclimbing is an awesome alternative though. it's quite an adrenaline rush to hit an 85* wall pinned in 3rd gear 8)
Old 08-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Never done anything stupid...or told a fib... Hides from the lightning bolts

If I had done something stupid, it would have been to tell you all what stupid thing I did 8)
Old 08-18-2003, 07:30 PM

There aren't enough pages in the bible to list all my infractions. But two beauts that come to mind are.

--As a young Lt in the USAF, I was sent to get a power unit, known as a -60 from a sister unit. It was 3 in the morning and in my haste and also lack of training I dutifuly hooked the unit to my pick up and drove off. In about 2 seconds I heard a god awful bang, bang, pop and crash. thing was still plugged into the F-15 it was sitting next to. ANd to make matters worse, the jet was up on jacks witht gear retracted. Luckly it didn't pull it off the jacks. Just damaged some sheet metal and my pride. But man did I catch heck.

--Got caught by an Ohio State Trooper in the back seat of my z-28 with a less than legal age young thing. Hmmmm sayth the cop. sayeth I. Sweet young thing is a good liar and talks our war right out of it.

Now if I turn my wife of 30 years loose on this question, she could write a best seller. But I'll leave it be.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:37 PM

ONE of the stupidest/funniest thing I have done is moved a old style bug sideways in a parking lot an parked 2 trucks on each side of it. (if yall understand what im saying) The stupid part about this is that a cop (the owner of the car) was watching us do it. We thought it was funny as heck......He didnt think it was funny at all. :-
Old 08-18-2003, 08:36 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Stuffed a pair of tweezers into an outlet cuz dad said DON'T!
Put my hands on the orange stove element cuz dad said DON'T.
Drove a Euclid twin engine earth mover off the center median and actually cut a new off ramp for the turn off to the lake...sort of.
Fired up a dragline and had to jump off cuz it was crawling and spinning heading directly for some partially built homes.
Punctured some Raid cans with a .22 to watch them blow up...the whole case.
Loaded all the fireworks my dad had in the closet into the BBQ...to see if I could blow the lid off...there was a couple of wheels and part of a stand left...I could not hear my dad yelling...that was nice.
Made a 6 foot rope fuse soaked in gasoline and dipped it into the bulk fuel tank where the dragline was. No comment
Played indoor lawn darts.
Played ATTACK with regular darts...several holes to prove it.
Washed my dads car with bleach to get the bugs off...afterall mom used bleach on everything. WHOOPS.
Tried to kill the lawnmower on some rocks. Success.

I cannot go further. Its not like I was a bad lil boy.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Banned

[quote author=Scotty link=board=10;threadid=18435;start=30#msg174175 date=1061257005]
Loaded all the fireworks my dad had in the closet into the BBQ...to see if I could blow the lid off...there was a couple of wheels and part of a stand left...I could not hear my dad yelling...that was nice.
[/quote]

ROTFLMAO.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:42 PM

When I was 10, my best buddy and I burned down most of my home town, playing with matches in the woods. : On my first hitch in the service, I drove from the "T" bars in long island back to my station in New Jersey at 4 in the morning and didn't remember the trip :- . Standing in chest deep sea water in the engineroom of a sinking fishing trawler in the North Atlantic in December, trying to put a "C" clamp on the propeller shaft packing gland. I lost that one...she sank along with my dewatering pumps, tools and 20,000 lbs of fish.

Quick Reply: Stupid things yall have done