Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Stupid things yall have done

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 02:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid things yall have done

My dad was telling me that when he was a kid, him and his friends got bored and decided to go out into a field at night and shoot shotguns at each other just so they could see the fire come out of the barrel . He also got high off gasoline at a family reunion. He shot out his uncle's school bus windows. Caught his grandad's hay barn on fire (all his winter hay was gone). And a bunch of other stuff. I was wondering what's the stupidest thing(s) yall have done in your life. Don't be shy.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re:Stupid things yall have done

Don't even know where to start.... :
Old 08-15-2003, 02:29 PM

Tuned a carb on a big block Chevy that was running rich,,turned the distributor too far and POOF, no more hair on my face. I saw a huge fireball and smelled something quite nasty.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:50 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Married a woman because her mom owned a bar!!!!! DUMB!!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry, but the statute of limitations hasn't run out yet. ;D
Old 08-15-2003, 03:51 PM

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=10;threadid=18435;start=0#msg173018 date=1060978465]
Sorry, but the statute of limitations hasn't run out yet. ;D
[/quote]

Old 08-15-2003, 03:58 PM

not finished yet : it's an ongoing process
Old 08-15-2003, 04:01 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well....let's see.....back when I was a kid....

1) I tried to turn a chain link fence into an electric fence because my dog kept climbing it. To do this I cut one of the wires on the fence and turned the two ends out and plugged both ends into an extension cord which I then plugged into the wall. Thank goodness for blown fuses.... :

2) Nearly burned an abandoned house down because I decided it would be cool to pour gas in a coffe can and light it. All was well until the sides of the cans started bubbling out so I paniced and kicked the can over....quickly spreading flames all over the dry grass near the house. Got lucky on that one...but me and my buddy wore ourselves out trying to beat the fire out with brooms... :

3) Drove the 4 wheeler into the tank.... :

4) Shot out all of the windows on an abandoned house with a sling shot....then went inside and shot out all the mirrors... :

5) Tried to jump a 4 foot fence on my bike... :

6) Decided it would be cool to get on top of the house with a ladder and then jump down on my friends head as he was walking by.... :

I could go on and on about the things I did as a child. I don't know how I'm still alive.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:29 PM

I'm still doing them... My then 17 yr old son and I took our sea-doos, the fast models, and raced eachother from the golden gate bridge to the farallones islands and back during a storm..yes, a storm..12-15 ft seas, on a watercraft, as fast as we could run...talk about big air...when we got back under the GG bridge, the coast guard stopped us, and wanted to know where we came from..we didn't say much..thats when they told us about all the great white sharks out beyond the golden gate, and the heavy seas....haven't done it since...btw, its 21 miles to the farallones..we turned around when we caught sight of them..about 14-15 miles...

very very stuuuuupid...
Old 08-15-2003, 04:41 PM

Another stupid sea-doo episode...

Out here near half moon bay, at a place called "mavericks", reside the biggest waves in the world..Its a well known and guarded surfers spot for that reason..the only way to catch these 50-60 ft monsters is to be towed in by sea-doo..they'er about a mile offshore..we went out there again during a storm, to watch the big wave surfers ride them. you can't imagine the size of these waves unless you're out there..we would ride up the wave like hillclimbing on a motorcycle..we'd duck and punch thru the crests, then fly 20-25 ft thru the air and land on the backside of the wave..probably the wildest ride I've ever had..until you miss...

luckily we survived...look up mavericks on the web, and you'll see a wave with a speck on it..its a surfer on a 70 footer..place is unbelieveable..
Old 08-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

It appears that the waves aren't all you need to worry about at "Mavericks".

Waves

Jaws
Old 08-15-2003, 05:18 PM

Thks Shovelhead -

I couldn't figure out how to send the photos.. ;D Yes, the great whites are quite plentiful out there.. you don't want to spend too much time bobbing around..You might get tasted..

Besides, those waves come at you fast...it was a busy day..
Old 08-15-2003, 05:55 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ride gunboats up and down the rivers of Vietnam.

Chase Russian submarines in a US submarine. :-X

Roll queers between payday and getting..................... :'(

tellingnomoreofthestoryShortround out
Old 08-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

BB gun wars, not as bad as it sounds, we had a 1 pump rule.

Built a 5 foot high jump ramp. Learned the hard way why Evel
Kneval always had a landing ramp.

Rode a skateboard down the biggest hill in the neghborhood wearing nothing but shorts. Hit a stone and wiped near the bottom...face first. Broke a tooth, wiped a lot of skin off the front of my body.

Jumped my mom's Olds wagon a couple of times. Yee Haw!

I could think of many more, but those are the standouts.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=wannadiesel link=board=10;threadid=18435;start=0#msg173078 date=1060989601]
BB gun wars, not as bad as it sounds, we had a 1 pump rule.
[/quote]

Put my hand over the barrel of a pump BB gun and a C02 BB gun to see which had more power.

I.E. how many pumps equaled the pressure of the C02.

Pump BB gun was empty, C02 gun was not.

Hospital even made me fill out the "Gunshot Wound" report which is filed with the police.

Unscrewed the top of a bicycle pump, removed the plunger, and inserted a rocket motor ("C" if I remember right), lit the fuse and tried to get the plunger screwed back on before it ignited.
Basically trying to make a homemade air compressor, no need to "pump" the bike tires up, just use like the air at the gas station.
Didn't work, neighbor still has a bicycle pump shaped hole in their garage ceiling. :
(well, a very poor attempt at a patch job using toilet paper and spackle, still can tell what it was that got airborne)

phox

Quick Reply: Stupid things yall have done