Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Stupid is, A DEA agent that needs a new career

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 12:21 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stupid is, A DEA agent that needs a new career

And this clown is supposed to be in charge of law enforcement? Oh Boy

http://x3.putfile.com/videos/6608573980.wmv

DEA Agent Shoots Self During Gun Safety Class

11:27 am EDT April 30, 2004 ORLANDO, Fla. -- A federal drug agent shot himself in the leg during a gun safety presentation to children and his bosses are investigating.

The Drug Enforcement Administration agent, whose name was not released, was giving a gun safety presentation to about 50 adults and students organized by the Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association, witnesses and police said.

He drew his .40-caliber duty weapon and removed the magazine, according to the police report. Then he pulled back the slide and asked someone in the audience to look inside the gun and confirm it wasn't loaded, the report said.

Witnesses said the gun was pointed at the floor and when he released the slide, one shot fired into the top of his left thigh.

"The kids screamed and started to cry," said Vivian Farmer, who attended the presentation with her 13-year-old nephew.

"Everyone was pretty shaken up," Farmer said. "But the point of gun safety hit home. Unfortunately, the agent had to get shot. But after seeing that, my nephew doesn't want to have anything to do with guns."

The agent was treated at Orlando Regional Medical Center after the April 9 shooting and returned to work, DEA special agent Joe Kilmer said.

Police ruled the shooting was an accident, but the DEA headquarters in Washington was still investigating, Kilmer said.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Classic!!!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 01:34 AM

Old 03-09-2005, 04:13 AM

Ok now kids this is what NOT to dooooo. BANG! What about the person in the audience that looked to see if the gun was empty????
Old 03-09-2005, 07:02 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Stupid is, A DEA agent that needs a new career

Originally posted by Don M
Witnesses said the gun was pointed at the floor and when he released the slide, one shot fired into the top of his left thigh.
The idiot pulled the trigger. It wasn't a malfunction of the gun. There is a video of the whole incident posted over on Glock Talk (this was a .40 cal. Glock). To demonstrate that the gun was unloaded, he pulled the slide back to show everyone the empty chamber. What the moron forgot to do was remove the LOADED magazine. When he released the slide it loaded a round just like it's supposed to do. After that was when he decided to pull the trigger.

To his credit, after shooting himself in the leg, he continued with the presentation. What the story doesn't tell you is that when he asked his assistant for ANOTHER gun the kids started begging for him to put it down.

Police ruled the shooting was an accident, but the DEA headquarters in Washington was still investigating, Kilmer said.
This was no accident. It was negligence.

You can read about it all day long HERE.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:05 AM

Point. Make sure the gun is unloaded, don't take another persons word for it.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:38 AM

When I went through my gun safety course for my concealed that was one of the first things was always check for yourself. but if he chambered one on his own well.......
Old 03-09-2005, 08:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
We had a Nebraska State trooper shoot and kill a fellow officer during a training excercise a couple of years ago. They were using their own sidearms in a morning training excercise and would point and shoot at guys that would come at them with knives, clubs, ect. They went to lunch and reloaded their weapons and forgot to unload them when the class started back up after lunch. A training person came at one of the officers and he pulled his gun and killed him instantly.

The moral of this story is NEVER EVER, and I repeat NEVER point a gun at a target unless you want to kill it. I still cannot believe they were using real guns in a hand to hand combat training excercise.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:00 AM

And they wonder why they are loseing the "War On Drugs"
Old 03-09-2005, 10:13 AM

I really like the part where he says he is the only one in the room PROFFESIONAL enough to carry a Glock 40.

Never point a weapon at anything you are not willing to destroy ( including yourself ) and never touch the trigger until you are ready to fire. It is a trigger NOT a carry handle.

wayne
Old 03-09-2005, 10:36 AM

I read this story several months ago but never saw the video. This guy looks like he's been smoking the proceeeds of his drug busts. I'd call into question the competence of his supervisor that allowed him to go do this class.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The story behind the video:

http://www.thegunzone.com/mos/dea-nd.html
Old 03-09-2005, 06:54 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

just remember to PROVE it safe.
Point the gun in a save direction.
Remove the magazine.
Open the chamber.
Visually check the chamber.
Examine the gun for ammo that could enter the chamber.

Quick Reply: Stupid is, A DEA agent that needs a new career