Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Straight up ROMPIN' IT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Banned

Location: Newman Lake, WA (But my home is deep in the heart of Texas!)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone....the parking lot I am referring to is actually owned by my company....as is the surrounding land......

Is doing some dougnuts and having fun so bad??? Heck,.....my Boss was with me.....he 4 wheels too.......

Apparently I struck a nerve.........

My apologies.......

God bless and use that 4x4 shifter .......... responsibly.

Or go buy a Toyota.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for the mis-understanding. If'n it was done with permission the ROMP ON.
That post kinda struck a nerve because I have seen much of my favorite wheeling spots closed due to people cutting fences, crapping on the side of the trail (If ya gotta go then go, but bury the evidence), beer cans everywhere, broken parts just thrown down. I am a little touchy in this area and I apologize for replying so harshly.

I dont use my Cummins for Romping, stomping, three day cleanup type fun. I had a 72 chevy with a built smallblock for that. Locked rear, selectable front with 44 boggers, 14bolt rear, D44 (big hub version) in it. I had alloy axles and custom drivelines. I am all for playing in the mud. Just when it is done responsibly.

Have fun and if the occasion is there again, take it.

Mark
Old 01-08-2004, 10:21 PM

I am confused on this,the guy was having some fun, let it be! What I am confused is the statement in marksmith's comment concerning guys that go tear up private property has cosequences on guys going to leagal places to romp?? Does not make sense mark!! Give the guy a break,sounds like he was just enjoying his truck and some of his lunch break, if he would of gotten into trouble with that, I seriously doubt that woud have any affect on public places to go 4 wheeling!! As I will say a third time Go and enjoy your truck Tom. Goodluck,,, Rick
Old 01-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Straight up ROMPIN' IT!

Originally posted by tanderson2002us
Hoss......your not one of those people are you? Just kidding!
Actually...no. I have spent my fair share of time throwing mud, sleet, ice and snow as far as I possibly could. That was in my younger days though. Well...I guess it was actually about this time last year....when the Home Depot parking lot was covered in sleet and snow.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Banned

Hey guy's once again..........

I LUV my truck and I LUV DTR....this is a great site......remember, I can only type so much......please don't misunderstand the original post...I meant nothing bad or illegal........

"YALL GONNA GET ME BANNED"!!!!!!!!

HOSS....my big sis lives in College Station....my nephew and niece both go to A&M...I was a Longhorn.......
TAKE THAT!!!!!!

In the words of Toby Keith.....

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All my legal spots are private owned (timber companies, land-owners, ranchers) If you owned a lot in town and some freak came and tore it up with his truck (not calling you a freak, you have permission and refer to above post for clarification) would you let the same freaks come out to the other property where you have trails that are OK to run come out and run them? Or would you be worried about them getting in to where they dont belong (it was a lot, not being used. Just like a field, not a rut in site. They did it once, they will do it again) Likely not. I have seen this many times. Plum creek closes all of its land here in So. Oregon because of one particular unit that was soo bad from litter. I have seen a land-owner close all their land because some idiot got into where he wasn't supposed to be (tore up a pretty good sized pasture)

It is connected. And like I say. If you had permission I apologize. I prolly shouldn't have posted so harshly to begin with (again it is explained above)

Next time take Video.....
Enjoy your truck

Mark
Old 01-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Banned

No problem Mark......do the same..........

Let see a video of what you Oregon boys can do!!!!!!!!!

PM me if you want a better explanation some time.

Adios amigo!

Tom
Old 01-09-2004, 12:11 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Hmm.... what's that funny lever down on the floor there

I'm just driving on roads that will keep my warranty intact. And I wouldn't bomb my truck, just polish it daily with Mopar polish. ...

http://www.bisanz.cc/Hohentauern_offroad_fun.html

http://www.bisanz.cc/buergeralm/

AlpineRAM
Old 01-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by tanderson2002us
HOSS....my big sis lives in College Station....my nephew and niece both go to A&M...I was a Longhorn.......
TAKE THAT!!!!!!
It's unfortunate that you're a t-sip, but just the same, give your sister, nephew and niece a big Texas A&M HOWDY for me.

Oh....to live in College Station again....
Old 01-09-2004, 10:16 AM

My family owns 1k acres. of course I go bounceing around with a few other friends "Dodge owners" we got this one nice spot that is nothing but a big steep hill that you go down one side and back up the other with a creek at the bottom. I try to stay off the trails with my truck since the new paint job but she still gets rocked hard pulling out other trucks tractors and what ever else should move that is not .
DM01
Old 01-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Banned

Tanderson,

It is your truck,your life,and your right to do as you please (with in the law) with your truck.. I think it sounded like you had a bit of fun...good for you, there isn't much fun to be had these days, take it when you get it. The post was a little bit confusing at first, and I think I can see where some (including my self) got wrong impression. I to would never own a truck, much less a diesel with out the 4 wheel drive option. I love the taller trucks, and the diesel is so heavy the front end sinks on anything bad hard pact ground. I do not get to use the 4x4 option much, just in snow during the winter and at the dunes in the summer. Sounds like what you did was fun, and something I would have done long ago, even without the owners permission (sorry,sue me if you want.....I am a bad,bad,boy...I know). Life is to short to be so serious all the time, I think alot of the readership here could use a dose of "fun" like you describe, way to many old farts, and political correctness, some just need to loosen up. I do not abdicate any law breaking, or property damage, so that the record is clear, and to avoid 70 post reading me the rights act. But these is along way from the fun you had, stay young,stay with in the law, be courteous to others, and have fun. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks to everyone for keeping this under control. The ability for everyone to keep "Struck nerves" in check is what makes DTR such a great site!

Thanks again.

Rich
Old 01-09-2004, 11:54 AM

I suppose I'd be a little more adventurous if the bank didn't hold my pink slip, and I wasn't so dependent on using it day in and day out for the long commute. There are lots of cart paths and dirt roards up here to explore without stepping on anybody's land.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:19 PM

Tread lightely is my motto,I use my 4X4 for pulling boats off slippery ramps,or in the snow,but only when I need it.

I like to keep her clean
Old 01-10-2004, 06:47 PM

Got in a little late on this but sounds to me alot of you guys might live in the city and for that in sorry between me and buddy we own two farms side by side together around 350 acres i had to install a front reciever on my truck to recover it from time to time.I think if your truck doesen't see 4wd at least once a week it could become deprived of its original purpose. Everyone have fun respect others and use 4wd daily.

Quick Reply: Straight up ROMPIN' IT!