Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Straight up ROMPIN' IT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Banned

Location: Newman Lake, WA (But my home is deep in the heart of Texas!)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Straight up ROMPIN' IT!

A quick question………how many of you CTD owners take full advantage that 4x4 shifter on the floor? I ain’t talking about only throwin’ her into 4 wheel drive when you need to get up that an icy hill or out of that muddy parking spot……I am talkin’ about going out of your way to sling mud, snow or even that pretty patch of turf that is just beggin’ for a set of nice deep ruts??????
I personally just spent the last 20 minutes of my lunch break in the parking lot next to work here which happens to have about 12 inches of snow rompin’, spinning, sliding and pile driving the snow banks just because…….well……I can! (Oh yeah…I had a bit of an audience too)……..

Isn’t that what it’s all about?????? I know one guy (a Chevy owner at that) who brags “I have only put mine in 4 wheel maybe 2 times”……….

Dude……WHY HAVE IT?????????

I am sure that after my warranty expires I will tone her down a bit but for now, those little shots of adrenaline ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!

Am I THE ONLY ONE???????????

Tom
Old 01-08-2004, 03:17 PM

I havent used my 4 wheel drive much but it does come in handy when trying to pull out into traffic wet or dry.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:28 PM

ive done it quite a few times but never as bad as what ive done with my poor jeep. main problem with it is getting stuck (yes i know its half the fun) but getting a 3/4 ton diesel out can require somethin a little more than a buddys chebby
Old 01-08-2004, 04:01 PM

It is alot of fun from time to time,and a whole lot of fun when done with friends!!! Enjoy your truck,,,,, Rick
Old 01-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Straight up ROMPIN' IT!

Originally posted by tanderson2002us
A quick question………how many of you CTD owners take full advantage that 4x4 shifter on the floor? I ain’t talking about only throwin’ her into 4 wheel drive when you need to get up that an icy hill or out of that muddy parking spot……I am talkin’ about going out of your way to sling mud, snow or even that pretty patch of turf that is just beggin’ for a set of nice deep ruts??????
I personally just spent the last 20 minutes of my lunch break in the parking lot next to work here which happens to have about 12 inches of snow rompin’, spinning, sliding and pile driving the snow banks just because…….well……I can! (Oh yeah…I had a bit of an audience too)……..

Isn’t that what it’s all about?????? I know one guy (a Chevy owner at that) who brags “I have only put mine in 4 wheel maybe 2 times”……….

Dude……WHY HAVE IT?????????

I am sure that after my warranty expires I will tone her down a bit but for now, those little shots of adrenaline ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!

Am I THE ONLY ONE???????????

Tom
This is why people frown on big 4x4 trucks. They think everyone goes around tearing the ground up like you do.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:41 PM

I use 4 wheel even on a little rainy day. Perhaps my right foot has a little too much lead in it!

In all seriousness, I would never own a truck that I would drive daily with out the option of hitting all four for traction when and if needed. The bottom line is like Dirty Harry said, "A man has got to know his limitations". Which I would humbly extend to the equipment and conditions that you are in.

Please don't get me started on the Soccer Moms in their 4wd SUVs....invincibility (sp?) is great until you screw up.

Now, in a previous life, with a previous truck, well I might have gotten carried away a time or two...after I married my better half, been blessed with my 23 month old boy, and have bills to pay...well this all may have tempered my habits!

Matt
Old 01-08-2004, 05:07 PM

Only thing I dont like is THE CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Straight up ROMPIN' IT!

Originally posted by Hoss
This is why people frown on big 4x4 trucks. They think everyone goes around tearing the ground up like you do.

Another good point..............

I ALWAYS drive safely and respectfully on the road.......off-road it's a different story......well kinda.....I am always safe.

Why should people frown on my big truck because I get to take it off road or in a vacant parking lot and have fun??????? Remeber I am the one making the payments.....

Hoss......your not one of those people are you? Just kidding!

What I love are the jerks hoss just described who will get right up behind me to ride my rear because they are intimidated in their little rice burner..... then like magic........THEY DISSAPEAR!!!!!

Then.....they whip around and get in front of me and really get frustrated at the stop light when the backs of their heads, their shoulders and just about their entire interior is totally illuminated..... when I'm just driving down the road, doing the speed limit minding my own business......man there are too many morons with licenses to drive.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:03 PM

My rig spends quite a bit of time in 4 during hunting season, but other than that, I really haven't needed it too much. But it's better to have 4 and not need it than need it and not have it!-Steve
Old 01-08-2004, 08:24 PM

Re: Re: Straight up ROMPIN' IT!

Originally posted by Hoss
I agree. Some of us here spend quite a bit of our free time 4 wheeling off-road (Jeeps, buggies etc). The problem we are now facing is that there is becoming far less legal places to wheel. The folks trying hardest to close these places down latch on to this type of behaviour and stereotype all 4-wheelers the same. They don't differentiate and believe think all 4-wheelers go around tearing the place up. It's a sensitive issue to a lot of us when we see and read about these types of behaviour.

David
Old 01-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Banned

O.k.

Apparently my first post was misconstrued…………..

I am not the high school kid who has to go around spinning his wheels with something to prove….I am a 35 year old pharmaceutical engineer who bought a beautiful CTD last year and I love taking full advantage of what it can do…in a responsible manner. I have not had a ticket since I was IN high school. I never do ANYTHING that would be an act of endagerment to anyone anywhere…….I go to the ORV park or up in the loggin trails in the mountains to throw my mud. And yes I do it with great pleasure………. I went to the 5 acre empty parking lot today during my lunch break today to plow through the 12+ inches of snow and have some fun………. Apparently some of you guys can’t handle a little expressionism without thinking I am the guy who drives around looking to offend someone……

For those of you who took offense to my post…….find somewhere else to vent your frustrations……secondly, if you cannot drive that CTD for what it was made for…I WILL. Just throw me the keys and tell Mommy I will be back later………..

Better yet, go out and buy one of those sissy trucks that are good for hauling nothing more than a sack of groceries……..maybe that’s what you should be driving.

Yours truly,
Tom Anderson
Old 01-08-2004, 09:56 PM

Like I stated above,enjoy your truck,you paid for it!! Have fun!! Goodluck, Rick
Old 01-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that what they are saying is if YOU owned that lot.... FINE and DANDY. Its your stuff getting torn up. But when some idiot goes around tearing up OTHER peoples stuff (its vacant.... doesn't mean it isn't owned by someone) that is what gets all sorts of places closed for us guys that go out and get muddy for recreation. Where it is LEGAL! If'n you dont understand this, pretty soon YOU wont be able to drive that CUMMINS like it was meant to be. So please by all means...... give YOUR keys to mommy, sit down and learn a little bit. 35 yrs old and it seems like you still have common sense of a 17yr old.

This is all anyone is saying. Go where that is welcome. Not someones property so you give the rest of us a black eye

Im OUT
Mark
Old 01-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Banned

Mark...the parking lot I am refering to is on my company's property friend......they own the surrounding land ......my Boss was with me....I would never tresspass or tear anything up....just my point.......

Vent your frustrations somewhere else....I did nothing wrong or illegal.......

God bless and PLEASE use that 4x4 shifter.....responsibly.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:07 PM

I dont hardly think playing around in 12in of snow in an empty 5 acre parking lot is doing much if any damage to anyones property, tanderson2002us is just doing what everyone else wnats to but wont admit to it.

Quick Reply: Straight up ROMPIN' IT!