Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Stolen vehicle recovered! Yeehaw!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen vehicle recovered! Yeehaw!

Yeah, yeah, she's no diesel, but she is a Dodge, and she was my first Dodge! My '06 Ram 1500 was stolen 28 Feb right outside the front door of the print shop I work at in Tucson, AZ. I didn't notice until I left for the day and there was no truck out front. I had just returned from a vacation in California 2 days prior, so EVERYTHING was in that truck, except, miraculously, my driver's license, which had been necessary for the bar the night before. Go figure the small things =P

Anyroad, after months of tearing this city apart and 4-wheeling in places I probably shouldn't be 4-wheeling, I can finally stop hunting and turning my head every time I see a silver Ram (you don't realize how many there are until you're looking for one). She was recovered in Nogales (ugh), though I just received the notice so I have no idea what condition she's in. Curiosity is killing me to find out, though! I just hope that whoever stole my truck receives some sort of justice - stealing a truck, in my eyes, is akin to kidnapping, though it is easier to let go of a truck than a person.

My current CTD, thanks to that theft, is now loaded with a club and probably too many alarms, but there's a really nifty pager that lets me know when someone even taps my truck, let alone tries to break in and steal again. Although someone did try to slash one of my tires...but I don't think a real knife was used because it looked more like a shave!

Happy ending? Today, definitely
Old 08-02-2007, 12:03 AM

yeah somebody tried to mess with one of my tires once but they werent very successful either. They probably thought it would be easy just like a little car tire, is what Im figuring happened So they found the truck...great! Since its been so long does the insurance own claim to it now or do you?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:20 AM

LOL silly thieves, oversize tires require something more like a machete! Insurance owns her, which makes me both sad and glad.

One of my coworkers told me about how a buddy's old '70 something Chevy pickup was stolen. They put in a claim, but never signed over the ownership for the truck since it was so old. 6 months later, the perp is pulled over for speeding after entering Arizona from Mexico. The plates and VIN don't match the vehicle, and then it's found that it's the stolen truck. They get the truck back, and the guy tricked it out: audio, wheels, interior, under the hood, I guess you name it! The thief actually tried to sue because he spent $10k tricking out that truck!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you would much rather have your diesel anyways, right??
Old 08-02-2007, 12:50 AM

Heck yes! I love my diesel more than the Ram 1500 I don't believe I can ever go back to EFI after owning the diesel and the carbureted Bronco - life's more fun