Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

STEALERS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:STEALERS!!!!

[quote author=SFtopSGT link=board=10;threadid=5725;start=0#51016 date=1034275438]
The right thing to do is to hold yourself to as high a moral standard as you expect the dealer to maintain.
[/quote]

You're absolutely correct, Top. Problem is, unless the dealership is owned by the offspring of my loins, I don't trust em. And that's probably the the universal feeling of every vehicle owner. Whether they brought it on themselves, or if it's been frabricated by the public, when you take your truck to the dealer, you assumed you're gonna get shafted. So, I guess it's the public's way to try and get even with them. My repair skills are limited and I wish I had a place I could hand over the key's, and say "Fix it", walk away, and be comfortable knowing that this outfit wasn't going to bend me over, and that the fee charged on the invoice was a fair price. But, I suppose we'll walk on the frozen waters of Hades first. :
Old 10-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=ramlovingvet <br>
<br><br>Very well said !<br>For an OLD GOAT that is <br>
<br><br>Honey! come here quick! Look this guy said I was right!<br> :'( Ouch quit hitting me with that blasted frying pan Rubs sore noggin.<br><br>Commatoze, I agree &amp; I have been shaved at the dealer too, but I guess we all feel like we are being stepped on by the big guy every now and then. That is a part of American life we don't have to like.<br><br>The one thing I do know for sure, is I won't blame everybody for the mistakes of a few. I want to believe down deep we are a good lot.<br><br>Yes even you Hoss! ;D<br><br>
Old 10-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Admin Team Leader

[quote author=Luke S link=board=10;threadid=5725;start=0#51019 date=1034276294]<br>Amen!, Finally someone who understands. I'm not saying all dealers are honest upsanding citezens of the bussiness community, but I would like to think of myself as one. SFtopSGT, you have a good outlook on things. It's nice to hear from someone who understands the other side of the coin.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thanks for the compliment Luke. could you put that in writing so I can show it to my wife whenever she thinks otherwise? ;D<br><br> The thing is I see both sides been there myself many times, finding a mechanic you can trust isn't an easy prospect. I can tell you as a fact that quite a few guns have left my shop costing me a great deal more than the repairs they came in for. My mistakes so I made them right no matter the cost. Owners never knew it but I dang sure did!.<br> The hardest man to earn respect from is yourself. Once you do it is better than the respect you can get from 10 other men.<br><br>Unfortunately they don't list the fellows who feel this way under &quot;honest individuals&quot; in the yellow pages. So the only way to find them is to keep kicking cow patties till one turns out to be gold .<br><br>Shoves soap box back in the corner.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:44 PM
Banned

Before yall get the wrong idea about me, let me say something to defend myself. Ok. So it is wrong to use a comp and then when the pump dies, expect the dealer to pay for it (which they thankfully are. More on this later). But, I justify this to the fact that the lift pumps on these trucks are weak to begin with and that mine may/probably would have failed me later on. I just finished it off early. I don’t know if all of yall know, but I had to have my tranny worked on by the dealer. I thought it was the TC (luckily I didn’t get to install the ATS), turns out, it was the governors and solenoids and sensors INSIDE the tranny that went bad. Those sensors tell the tranny when to upshift/downshift, lock/unlock the TC, what gear your in, etc. So that failure wasn’t caused by the comp. The mechanic says they have had a couple of those things. The sensors just go bad one day and they don’t know why. I am not trying to trade a bad truck in to get a new one on the dealer’s bill. I’m honest with the guy, but I tell him what he asks and nothing more.<br>I understand that the dealer doesn’t want to have to do free work cause they are losing money. And like any business, they don’t want to lose money. But you should stand by your word and not try and find a reason to void the warranty. That’s what this guy did, he looked for a reason to void it.<br>Also, Luke, how do you treat your customers, young or old? With respect since they are a potential customer or do you treat them like dirt? Let me tell you something about me. I respect adults. I have been brought up that way. I gave this guy the same respect I give my parents or any other adult. But, when he mocked me, that upset me. Personally, where I work, you don’t mock a customer. You don’t insult their intelligence, and you treat them with the utmost of respect. When I give an adult my respect, I expect them to give me the same. So I’m a 17 year old punk kid. That’s not the point. The point is that I am a potential customer (even though I didn’t buy my truck, I was the final word on what it was and what I wanted) who in the future, may be coming back looking for another truck and possibly looking at your particular brand. I may be a kid now, but I will grow up and buy cars later in the future. May they be cheap or expensive. That is what really got to me. He treated me badly. My service guy is actually a good guy who is willing to help. It was the manager that upset me and mocked me.<br>It may still be wrong for me to foot the cost of the lift pump on them even though I put on a comp. But like I said before, I justify this by saying that the stock lift pumps on stock trucks go bad. I just sent mine to an early grave. But look at it this way. A lift pump costs about $150 plus labor, right? And since I am catching it early enough (hopefully) I am saving my injection pump. How much does an injection pump cost? $1500? More or less? So by catching it early enough, I am saving the dealer roughly $1300+ dollars. And you are going to void my warranty cause I put a FP gauge on there that saved yall a ton of money? That’s stupid.<br>Now. I have to redeem part of my dealer. I called the regional manager today (talked to the assistant manager yest.) and told him about my problem. He then explained to me Dodge/Cummins view on it. He said that they didn’t mind that I had the gauge on there. They wouldn’t void the warranty. They just didn’t want to deal with the sensor itself cause for some reason should something go wrong and the sensor got broke, they would be liable. They just wanted ME to reinstall the stock fitting. The guy was cool and didn’t mind at all that I had the gauges or the radio. Hell, we even talked a little while on the phone about the truck and stuff I’ve done with it. Now, before yall think I am contradicting myself, hold on. The REGIONAL manager told me the above statement. The ASSISTANT manager said flat out that it would void the warranty. No reason or nothing.<br>If this is going to become a heated debate on morals and right or wrong, then Jack, by all means shut this thread down. But lets try to keep it mature. I was just venting a little anger over the way the dealer (actually the manager) treated me and the fact that he tried to void the warranty for no reason. Yes, I agree. When you play, be prepared to pay. That’s fine with me. I have nothing against it. But, I told you my reason for not feeling bad about the lift pump going out and why.<br>One last thing. They called and said that it does need a new lift pump (surprise surprise) and that the truck will be ready tomorrow afternoon or evening. They have to ship the pump from Dallas cause they don’t keep them in stock. Ahhhhhh. I feel better now. I just want my truck though.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

BIGBLUE: <br> I don't personnaly have the wrong idea about you at all. Having read many of your post's I already know you are a fine young man and obviously destined to become an even better adult.<br><br> After all I know I didn't say anything you didn't already know in your own heart and I just helped you to look past the anger and not lower yourself to the same level as the individual who treated you unfairly.<br><br>It is always easier to see things clearer when you aren't emotionally involved and obviously you had already cooled down enough to think a bit more rationally.<br><br> Glad you got things worked out to your satisfaction <br><br> No hard feelings were taken or meant to be implied toward you on my behalf. I been there too!.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Banned

Well thank ya SF. I believe that is the nicest thing you have ever said to me. I was extremely ****** off yest. and like most people, I don't think real rational when my emotions get involved. I just wanted to clear it up with some who don't know me. I know you didn't say anything to be mean, but I started a post a while back about transmissions and it turned into a HUGE fight over morals. I just didn't want this one to become that. I just had a little steam and wanted to vent it. That's all.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Admin Team Leader

Understood there bigblue these are after all forums/venting boards <br><br>Hang in there Buddy and one day you can be an opinionated ole fart just like me! <br><br> Gosh I hope you inspire to be alot more than that ;D
Old 10-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Banned

Probably not. By the way, it's Aspire, not Inspire.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:20 PM

well i still think you're a punk kid.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

[quote author=BigBlue <br>Probably not. By the way, it's Aspire, not Inspire.<br>
<br><br>Dang fingers are so fast the keys obviously can't keep up ;D
Old 10-10-2002, 04:37 PM
Banned

[quote author=Palmetto_kid link=board=10;threadid=5725;start=15#51088 date=1034284804]<br>well i still think you're a punk kid. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah. But no one really cares what you think. Especially this kid. Like my dad always tells me, &quot;When I want your opinion, I'll give it to ya.&quot; Think about that one for a sec.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:39 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=5725;start=15#51101 date=1034285863]
[quote author=Palmetto_kid link=board=10;threadid=5725;start=15#51088 date=1034284804]
well i still think you're a punk kid.
[/quote]

Yeah. But no one really cares what you think. Especially this kid. Like my dad always tells me, &quot;When I want your opinion, I'll give it to ya.&quot; Think about that one for a sec.
[/quote]

Reminds me of my Ex. :
Old 10-10-2002, 04:40 PM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=5725;start=15#51101 date=1034285863]<br>[quote author=Palmetto_kid link=board=10;threadid=5725;start=15#51088 date=1034284804]<br>well i still think you're a punk kid. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah. But no one really cares what you think. Especially this kid. Like my dad always tells me, &quot;When I want your opinion, I'll give it to ya.&quot; Think about that one for a sec.<br>[/quote]<br><br>i knew i could get ya! hehehee
Old 10-10-2002, 04:45 PM
Banned

LOL!
Old 10-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not ready to shut this thread down Blue. So far, even though the debate has gotton somewhat heated, you guys have done great by sitcking to the points at hand without insulting each other. That what this site is all about. We can argue our points, and even get a little heated without bringing the conversation down to an unnacceptable level. I think this is a great thread because you guys are getting to the nuts and bolts without going for the jugular.

Quick Reply: STEALERS!!!!