Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

STEALERS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 04:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STEALERS!!!!

ARGGGGGGGGH!!!! Let me tell yall what mine tried to do to me. I recently hooked up my FP gauge and noticed that I had really bad pressure (9@idle 5@70mph and 0-2@WOT). So I took the truck in (after taking off the Comp) and left them with it. Told them what was wrong and they no prob. That was Mon. Well, the diesel mechanic wasn't in yest. (little girl went in hospital). But he was today so he took a look at it. At about 11:30 I get a call from Dodge saying that they won't reaplce the pump cause I have aftermarket accessories on it and they won't touch it till I return it to stock. So after school I haul *** up there, ****** off, and talk to the assistant manager. He said that cause I have a FP gauge hooked up, it voids the warranty. It is not a stock part and Dodge will not touch it. He also said that cause I have an aftermarket head unit and speakers, that all of my electrical system warranty was voided. I told him he was full of it and proceeded to read off the Magnunson (sp) Act (the one that protects us from stealers voiding warranties cause of aftermarket parts). He looked shocked that I knew what it was. So he said that if I returned it to stock (took out the tapped banjo bolt and replaced it with the stock one) that they would do it. I told him to bring the truck around and I would do it right there. He told them to do it, THEN he proceeded to mock me about &quot;How I can do it in front of him.&quot; So they brought the truck around, I popped the hood, and ripped it all of and had the truck fired back up in 15 mins. I handed him the keys and said, &quot;Fix the GD pump and give me my truck back. Yall have just completely lost my business and I will never buy another Dodge cause of the way you have treated me.&quot; Then I stormed out.<br><br>Now, maybe I am being childish about the whole thing, but the fact that he tried to void the warranty cause of my FP gauge and radio was just pure BS. THEN, what really ****** me off was the fact that he mocked me. Sorry about the post but I just had to blow off some steam. I'm going to print out a copy of the Magnunson Act (or whatever it is) and hand it to him when I pick the truck up tomorrow and tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine. ARRRRRGGGGGH!!!! &gt; &gt; &gt;<br><br>On the upside though, I'm getting a new fuel pump under warranty.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:10 PM

Re:STEALERS!!!!

THAT SUCKS. sorry about your trouble.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:19 PM
Banned

I'm printing out the entire Magnunson-Moss Act as we speak. Every single letter of it. All the clauses and requirements and everything. It's long. About 15+ pages. I hope that manager has some time on his hands.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:26 PM

who is the dealer?
Old 10-09-2002, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please do not post the dealer name publicly. There are fine lines that have to be drawn here and I don't want any legal involvment in this if it ever came to that. Thanks guys. Sorry about that.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:37 PM

ok jack. thanks for the heads up. Blue, message me.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:12 PM

O.K. fella's, as a dealer myself I can say your dealer is an idiot. Now I will say the part about you taking off your &quot;comp&quot; is what we in the bussiness like to call fraud. If Cummins/Dodge would have known about that they probably would not have warrantied your pump. I'm not saying I necessarily think it's right but I have had a lot of first hand experience with these issues. Just had a 01' 3500 CTD in here last week that one of my best customers owns and they had a power puck on it and the truck was not running well, it was sputering and coughing and after several diagnostic tests and calls to Cummins we determined the injection pump was bad. Well now who do you think got to pay for that one, you guessed it, the customer. But let me tell you this, it's not my fault, that he has to pay for it. I could lie for him cause he buy's 20 trucks a year from me and tell Cummins it has no alterations but guess what? When I send that old pump back to them they put it on their little tell tell computer and find me out, then guess who pay's for it, not the customer, Me. :'( :'( :'(
Old 10-09-2002, 05:45 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Luke S, This may be a dumb question, but what modifications would be allowed by Cummins.<br>The reason that I ask is I just got a new 02 and would like to add a K and N filter and have already put some screen in front of the radiator. <br>Also from your side of the picture what are your thoughts on people that do not tell if there are known problems with a trade in? I call it horse trading but you may not.<br>
Old 10-09-2002, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm curious to because my dealer sold me my puck. They sure didnt say anything about it interfering with my warranty. Not that it matters now 111k.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:32 PM

I think if I owned the dealership and the guy that bought 20 trucks a year.pump went bad.<br>I know who`d be paying, wouldn`t wanna lose that business<br> D
Old 10-09-2002, 10:27 PM
Banned

It's wrong to cheat the dealer like that (removing comp and all) but the fuel pumps on stock trucks go out enough I figure it's alright . It just upsets me that they would try and screw me over something that stupid. Then he MOCKS me? What's up with that. That's just bad customer service. I'm going to the regional manager about it. I don't appreciate being treated this way. I may be just a punk kid, but I know my rights and I know how a customer is supposed to be treadt, regardless of age. I think I kinda ****** him off when I stood up to him and didn't back down. I'm not afraid of adults. I respect them. But I expect to be given the same amount of respect as I give them. I have two copies of the Magnunson-Moss Act. The legal one and then the idiot's version. I'm going to give him both of them tomorrow when I pick the truck up.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:10 PM

Any dealer selling any aftermarket performance devices is skating on thin ice if Chrysler finds out. As far as K&amp;N air filters I've even had Cummins complain about those because some people over oil them and Cummins says that the engine can suck the extra oil in and damage the engine and turbo. As far as me paying for my customers truck you broke a pump with a powerpuck installed I don't think I have any obligation to do anything. They broke the rules, they broke somthin, it cost em, period. They were not upset, they understood if you wanna play you sometimes gotta pay. However the owner of teh company told his sons who are in charge of the truck fleet to remove any and all fueling devices from their trucks, he said they would just have to get there 5-10 mph slower and that was that. He really was not even aware that his sons had put so many pucks on their trucks, so he was realy more upset with them than anybody. As far as the question about a customer trying to pawn off a pos on a dealer, it infuriates me. I will not knowingly sell a used car that has a problem because it is just bad bussiness and you don't need that kind of publicity. But it is thought in our society to be perfectly ok for a customer to trade in a piece of junk and con the dealer. &gt; &gt; &gt;
Old 10-10-2002, 01:43 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

While I have also had my problems with dealers, I agree with LukeS when he says you play you pay. Anytime you conciously alter something you know will void the warranty, You do it at your own risk. The right thing to do is to hold yourself to as high a moral standard as you expect the dealer to maintain.<br><br> That doesn't mean you have to necessarily offer up every bit of info you may know about a vehicle you are trading in. A car salesman is not going to tell you he heard a sound coming out of the car when you test drive it. You have to know which questions to ask and what to look for to be a succesful trader.<br><br>A horse trade is a horse trade, buyer beware. Knowingly committing an act of fraud to place your burden on another individual is not horse trading. It is theft plain and simple And while it may seem that nobody is getting hurt by your actions because the dealer can afford the cost, Think again!. We all pay for it in the rising cost's the dealer has to pass down the line to each of us.<br><br> In this life you get nothing for free, eventually you have to pay for it. Personnally I like going to sleep at night knowing I didn't take anything I didn't earn or pay for.<br><br> Stand tall when you are wronged, don't let anyone belittle or berate you. And stand even taller by not attempting to charge the cost's of your mistakes to another.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:54 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote author=SFtopSGT link=board=10;threadid=5725;start=0#51016 date=1034275438]<br>While I have also had my problems with dealers, I agree with LukeS when he says you play you pay. Anytime you conciously alter something you know will void the warranty, You do it at your own risk. The right thing to do is to hold yourself to as high a moral standard as you expect the dealer to maintain.<br><br> That doesn't mean you have to necessarily offer up every bit of info you may know about a vehicle you are trading in. A car salesman is not going to tell you he heard a sound coming out of the car when you test drive it. You have to know which questions to ask and what to look for to be a succesful trader.<br><br>A horse trade is a horse trade, buyer beware. Knowingly committing an act of fraud to place your burden on another individual is not horse trading. It is theft plain and simple And while it may seem that nobody is getting hurt by your actions because the dealer can afford the cost, Think again!. We all pay for it in the rising cost's the dealer has to pass down the line to each of us.<br><br> In this life you get nothing for free, eventually you have to pay for it. Personnally I like going to sleep at night knowing I didn't take anything I didn't earn or pay for.<br><br> Stand tall when you are wronged, don't let anyone belittle or berate you. And stand even taller by not attempting to charge the cost's of your mistakes to another.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Very well said !<br>For an OLD GOAT that is
Old 10-10-2002, 01:58 PM

Amen!, Finally someone who understands. I'm not saying all dealers are honest upsanding citezens of the bussiness community, but I would like to think of myself as one. SFtopSGT, you have a good outlook on things. It's nice to hear from someone who understands the other side of the coin.

Quick Reply: STEALERS!!!!