Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Squeaks and Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 01:02 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Squeaks and Rattles

My truck developed a squeak in the drivers door last week and nothing will aggravate me more on a vehicle than a NOISE. People ask how can you hear that over the noise of the engine and the stacks. The engine doesn't make noise, to me, that is music.<br>Anyway, I sprayed the door switch because it sounded like plastic rubbing on metal. No good. Sprayed the hinges. No good. Sprayed the door seal. No good. The screeching got worse as the truck warmed up till it sounded almost like the broken cowl on my old 89. I would open and shut the door and it would stop for about five minutes and come right back.<br>Had enough of that mess. Got out the BRH (big rubber hammer) and the WD-40 and went to work on the door liner. A few strategiacly placed sharp blows with the addition of a little lube and away went the noise. <br>Now if I could just find that one that sounds like a little bird up under the dash when making a right hand turn, all would be well.<br>Anybody else have squeaks and rattles? (not you Dennis)
Old 12-27-2002, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Squeaks and Rattles

My driver's side door seal squeeks : I don't know why or how but it does. It's the seal between the full door and the half door. <br><br>DB