Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Sprung Spring breakroom 3/8 - 3/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 05:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cougar-- When I was about 14 or 15, I was going to buy a J-3. Mom wouldn't countersign my check. I kinda think that if she had of signed it, I'd be in your business now. I did spend 20 years working avionics so I guess that's close. Still would have liked that plane instead of that Chevy pickup I replaced it with though.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
E C H o
Old 03-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Saturday all y'all,
It is a crazy day on the edge of the prairies. It is supposed to hit the mid 60's today but that is going to come with strong winds. There was so little snow this winter and we have had such a fast and early thaw that the fields all over southern Alberta are like tinder boxes. The fire hazard level is extreme. Combine that with strong winds for the next few days and the fire departments are all very concerned.
I live right beside (as in 600ft away) the main CP Rail line for western Canada. It is not unheard for the trains to cause grass fires. I will definitely be paying attention until we get some moisture.
I hope everyone has a good Pi day.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Cougar-- When I was about 14 or 15, I was going to buy a J-3. Mom wouldn't countersign my check. I kinda think that if she had of signed it, I'd be in your business now. I did spend 20 years working avionics so I guess that's close. Still would have liked that plane instead of that Chevy pickup I replaced it with though.
Aviation was kind of an accident for me. After leaving Komifornia and the silicon valley electronics industry behind, I wondered from job to job in Montana. Someone took note of my mechanical skills and offered to train me as an A&P. That was almost 30 years ago. The rest is history.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Happy Saturday all y'all,
It is a crazy day on the edge of the prairies. It is supposed to hit the mid 60's today but that is going to come with strong winds. There was so little snow this winter and we have had such a fast and early thaw that the fields all over southern Alberta are like tinder boxes. The fire hazard level is extreme. Combine that with strong winds for the next few days and the fire departments are all very concerned.
I live right beside (as in 600ft away) the main CP Rail line for western Canada. It is not unheard for the trains to cause grass fires. I will definitely be paying attention until we get some moisture.
I hope everyone has a good Pi day.
Same thing here to, all over most of the state. Going to be a real bad fire season.
-10° and mostly clear. There will be a cold front back in and should see some snow on Monday. With the winds forecast, the snow will be blowing side to side
Old 03-14-2015, 03:21 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heloo! made it in before this closed down.

will see youz guyz more in the next breakroom!

I will provide the entertainment;
dragon sayz he'll bring the snacks
Old 03-14-2015, 06:15 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Put some speed wax on the frets of your guitar and bring it with you...We will be providing entertainment for the masses
Old 03-14-2015, 06:28 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Put some speed wax on the frets of your guitar and bring it with you...We will be providing entertainment for the masses
And make lots of Ph00 - - - we will sit back and sip up. YEH.................

MORRY - - - - -
Bob