Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Sprung Spring breakroom 3/8 - 3/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 10:39 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Bob the money's right inside the church. In the peoples wallets

Now for the IUD problem at Bobby's time to turn loose the RNSF all we have to do is tell them your the reason Dale sr died and Jr can't win a championship we will penates in 5 min and take over the lanai.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:05 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
On the roof, maybe leak following a rebar exiting the edge of the concrete. How 'bout a flashing failure somewhere?

The rebar sticking out is a possibilty, but have already looked for that. Will wait until this weeks rain passes and remove the adjacent tiles and check further away.

These houses do not have the traditional flashing that you guys use. It's mostly concrete to concrete joints.

Just to edumakate those that are not familiar with this type of construction. Using my house as a typical example; the foundations of the house are down 5' to 6' and the foundation itself are large rocks cemented together to form a flat topped pyramid. The base of this pyramid would be about 5' wide. On top of this pyramid the walls are built. The main outer vertical supports (spaced about every 10 feet) for the house are a series of concrete and rebar. In between those supports is brick. On top of the vertical supports are concrete and rebar headers. The floors, intermediate floors and roof is all poured concrete with lots of embedded steel rebar and mesh. All electrical conduits and plumbing is cut into the walls and ceilings after the main construction is completed. All walls are cement plastered after all the work in finished. Some parts of the roof are flat and a part has a slope. The sloped areas have clay tiles. To those north of the border, this house sounds like Fort Knox, but most houses here are the same.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:08 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by cougar
Cold 6° and clear. Complete with Northern Light show. I need to put the winter front back on the 01. That thing never warmed up.

Had to chuckle when I read the above sentence. having done lots of work with ESL folks, this sentence would really confuse them. How can you have 'front' and 'back' side by side in the same sentence? Think about it.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Had to chuckle when I read the above sentence. having done lots of work with ESL folks, this sentence would really confuse them. How can you have 'front' and 'back' side by side in the same sentence? Think about it.
HMMM??? Since you are thinking about it so hard, what does that tell us about you???? ..........................................HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2015, 11:37 AM

That is a foregone conclusion. End of story!
Old 03-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
More importantly...How can you have "front and back side by side" in the same sentence?

Pass the Tequila Stan and I will Splain it to ya
Old 03-11-2015, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
More importantly...How can you have "front and back side by side" in the same sentence?

Pass the Tequila Stan and I will Splain it to ya

'Splain that to someone learning to speak English. Never mind, you 'Merkins can't speak English anyway.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:10 PM
Admin Team Leader

We have our own brand of English here in the Appalachians even WE don't understand it

Moonshine doesn't help but it doesn't seem to hurt either
Old 03-11-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Blame on the public edjumacation syndrome.
Perfectly make cents 2 me.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:44 AM

Wow, everyone off having fun or sleeping in. OK, put on coffee and Ph00 (of course) and hot water for tea. Had some left over donuts from two days ago, so brought them along so I wouldn't eat them.

GET UP - - BE PRODUCTIVE. (get your minds out of the gutter - - that ain't what I mean........................................)

Bob
Old 03-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Admin Team Leader

Thanks for the coffee Bob

Good Morning everybody!
Old 03-12-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I see I haven't missed much! Been a busy week at work with great OT. Too bad I elected Comp instead of the $$. Would have made a nice addition to the bank account.

On the way home last night, got some cleaning supplies. Maybe I can get the car and pickup cleaned up for the first time this winter. Was 67 yesterday, hoping for the same today.

Out of here!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Wow, everyone off having fun or sleeping in. OK, put on coffee and Ph00 (of course) and hot water for tea. Had some left over donuts from two days ago, so brought them along so I wouldn't eat them.

GET UP - - BE PRODUCTIVE. (get your minds out of the gutter - - that ain't what I mean........................................)

Bob

Morning. Another busy day ahead of me, so need the coffee. Thanks.

I thought that Ph00 was a form of tea, so why do we need hot water too? Or is that to make real tea?

Going to be productive today, the no gutter kind, and re-modify the truck. Have always had the compressor mounted behind the seat, but that is really noisy, so am finally going to mate it up with it's brother and mount the two compressors and the air bag valves in the new tool box on the back of the truck. It's a lot of work, because I need to run a new 0000 cable back there and re-plumb everything. Plan on making a form of 'floating' bed for the compressors to further isolate the noise.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings
Old 03-12-2015, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Greetings
Quit drinking the regular and go for the Ph00 - - - much better. ........

Stan - - - Ph00 is wonderful flavored coffee - - like almond mocha. YEH. ..............

Quick Reply: The Sprung Spring breakroom 3/8 - 3/14