Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Springfield XD Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Springfield XD Review

I know alot of you members have talked about possibly getting the Springfield XD. I purchased mine about 3 weeks ago. (Traded in my Taurus PT145 due to its mile long trigger pull, and purchased the XD 40 S&W Service Model.)

Below, here is a link that compares the XD model to the Glocks.
http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/w...com/xddasa.htm

Old 09-20-2003, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Springfield XD Review

I too own one of tehse little jewels!! mine is the XD40 4" model as well, I love it!!! my buddy has a glock of the same size and caliber they are very comprable guns the only reason i chose the XD was that it seems that when i would draw the glock it would automaticly aim downaward a bit where as the XD just fit me better and was much more balanced when brought up *for me*. Anyhow they are very comprable weapons as far as quality is concerned and most everything else for that matter! ;D
Old 09-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Administrator

I agree... that is the same reason why I did not purchase the Glock. It just didnt fit my hand as well as the XD.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:25 PM

yeah i am nothing but happy with my purchase the XD is just a shade heavier than the glock but it fits my hand like a glove! Shoots wonderful not a single misfire in the multiple hundreds of rounds i have fired! Love the stock sights as well just not enough to keep me away from the night sights ;D The safety features are wonderful as well!! Hard to believe that is started out as a Cheap Croation made HS arms weapon (HS2000) however i hear the build quality of the older ones are superb as well and springfield will honor the warranty on the HS 2000 as well!! ;D
Old 09-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Yes, they will honor them for the lifetime of the gun. I have to admit however, the first 250rds I had 5 misfires, 3 with light striker marks on the primer, and 2 with none at all. Everyone I talked to said they had never heard of this problem on the XD. After field stripping and looking the gun over well. I found that I had a small burr on the firing pin hole. After removing the burr, I have had no problems whatsoever. (600rds. total in the gun)
Old 09-20-2003, 12:34 PM

Really i have never heard that one either...Well at least it is fixed now!! Mine ahs been smooth as silk since day 1 i lost track of how many rounds have went through that puppy but it is quite a bit! in the year i have had it i have shot it *almost* every sunday afternoon usually 75-150 rounds per! I am very impressed with it. So is my Glock toting buddy says it ws way more than he expected for the 400 dollars i paid!