Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Spring is Sprung breakroom 3/22-3/29

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 02:15 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Well, so much for that little venture. Headed out to work in the yard - - overcast, cooler, no sun to make me sweat, a little extra time on my hands - - - what happens - - nice lightning bolt scared me to death. Luckily one of my IUD's nailed it - - still scary. Raining now and fireworks. Sooooo, back in.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
A real plus is the fact that Bob buried IUD's every where
See, what did I just say. .....................

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
depressing weather, between us and N.maine , we are the lowest in the nation for temps. snow, cold rain, grapple falling, no sun. up early to shotgun seat for hubby's 7am dental check up 50 miles away. that always means breakfast at a very good village diner!
Heidi - - not just right the way your winter has been. That has been horrible.

OUCH OUCH OUCH - - - WOW, THAT ONE WAS CLOSE. Now I have to clean the ph00 off my screen. Almost made it thru one of my IUD's. Made me hit the floor - - flash was outside my window office with the crash at the same moment, so it was close. I have had three hits at this house - - all in my palm trees, but the results followed water lines and electric lines into the house. Wow. ............................ Nice to live in the lightning capital of the US. ..............

As I was saying, Heidi - - I have been amazed watching your weather. I do not remember a winter like this for NY.

Horrible week on the market - - finally a plus day ( little bit) today. Not fun.

Fresh ph00 - - - ................
Old 03-27-2015, 05:27 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHOA, move along lightning! no need to scare our florida favorite!

feel for ya Fiver, always wondered when the next one zonks the abode. not as bad as my friend who hides in the bathtub, but not a fan when near it.

actually a good day: spent time with hubby, won radio station giveaway for concert tickets for my friends, got a free breakfast, paid attention to some deer -scared a coyote in the process, went to spooky closed ski resort with hubby to help him set up parking barriers (it really does feel like 'The Shining") for a snowmobile hillclimb event. got a free dinner of fresh ham, sausage and buckwheat pancakes with 5 minute old (had to cool)maple syrup. I won't need to eat until next week.......

hubby bought a 20k lb winch for hauling logs outta the ravines. made a rack for the tractor out of a two foot steel C channel....my poor tree tractor!!
Old 03-28-2015, 06:55 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Another paradisey day is adawning here. Love it. Had some lightening and a spot of rain last light, but nothing compared to Bob. That's a bit too much. Been in situations like that where you can smell the ozone afterwards. Or was that the smell of my fright?

What is that stuff left in the coffee pot? It would not rinse out, but made "fresh" coffee anyway. Fresh ph00 is ready and some peppermint tea. Made some taquitos and left them in the warming oven. Help yourself quickly before that big guy from Canada gets here.

Heidi, you deserved a break.

Fought with an old Dodge Stratus yesterday. Got it running but now am fighting with the shifter. It sometimes will not go into park and the indicator on the dash is all messed up. Looks like I now need to remove the console and shifter and find out what is happening underneath it. Lousy job, but that will wait until Monday.

Heading out later today to pick up my truck from the body shop. Hopefully will be able to stay away from trees in the future and not bend the tailgate again. Anybody else do dumb things to your vehicles?

Later - maybe.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:04 AM

Morning Stan - - - and anyone else brave enough to get out of bed. Grabbing a ph00 and heading out to work in yard. Try some of that tea when I come back in.

Later,
Bob
Old 03-28-2015, 07:20 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
High 90's out in the SW.
Snow and freezing rain yesterday in ND.
Lightning spheres in FL.

Typical spring? Nope. Record breaking already.

My non packed non bandaged arm is starting to look like it used to look.
Wow what a long drawn out trauma. So grateful its finally past.

Now I can work on my spring look on my LEGGS!
Gotta find the orbital sander and some 50 grit.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:42 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM

May you enjoy a fantastic day!
Old 03-28-2015, 10:37 AM
DTR Mom

ahhhh, so sweet, THANKS Stanimal. be safe! ALL OF YOU!!!!!

appearantly, needed more excitement yesterday. heard driveway alarm go off, but assumed hubby was doing something. well, he was. guy drove off the main road to help put out the flames from the barn roof area.

chimney fire. hubby had noticed more smoke than usual when welding in the barn. opened doors to clear it out, when he saw a back draft on the bottom part of the outside chimney above the boiler.

one extinguisher aimed up from the bottom, post the ladder, one extinguisher aimed down the chimney, out and cold.

ask me how thankful hubby was that I am overly cautious and prepared.
I found out when he said "Hey, we need new extinguishers..."

three inches of snow here, bright sunshine and cold. Larger birds all around the suet and feeders......feeling slightly Hitchcock worried...
Old 03-28-2015, 05:56 PM

How did I miss the notice? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEIDI. And you don't look a day over ahhhhh - - oh boy, started this, now how do I end it? AAHHH, how about 29? Yeh, 29. Close?????...................

Tired and sore. Clipping, cutting, hauling, sawing - - spring cut back on way too many things in my yard. About 1/2 done. Sure wish I had one of those neat long handled gas clipper thingies. Heating pad and warm up that tea from this morning - - maybe that will do it.

Nighty night - - see y'all sometime in the afternoon tomorrow. SS, church, out to dinner take up the morning pretty solid.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Happy
Birthday
Heidi
Old 03-28-2015, 08:12 PM
REALLY old dog

HAPPY HAPPY HEIDI :CLAUDE

PARTY AT HEIDIE`S
Old 03-29-2015, 09:02 AM
DTR Mom

THANKS FELLERS! love back at ya!

Time to close this one down, and play GUESS WHERE THE NEW BREAKROOM IS? fun game for diesel sniffers