Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Spring is Sprung breakroom 3/22-3/29

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 09:15 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good breakfast, thanks. Think that I overate a little. Need a piggy icon.

Scotty, that sounds horrible. Been there, done that a few times and hope never to do it again. That ain't living! Ain't no fun either! Bet you had a few muscle clenching moments.

Wearing long pants and a long sleeved shirt this morning. Been such a a long time that I have done that, that it makes the news. Hopefully I can get back into my shorts before lunch time. Only wearing this disguise because I am trying to look like an educated gentleman when I 'talk' to some of the bureaucraps that I need to see today.

It's a bit cloudy today, but still very nice.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Warm and clear up here in the Arctic. The cat and I sat out on the back steps bird watching and enjoying the warm sun yesterday. Did some aurora watching this morning.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:20 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIND!!!!! How's my favorite Indian stuck in the frozen/muddy tundra?
wishing you sun on newly shaved skin...lol

Stanimal, enh, the hard part is done. engine looked like one I had seen many years ago when a person NEVER changed their oil. amazing it ran, period. on to second phase, do dit do....

are you clearing your property for building? does it look like the fabled Mexico ruins of ______? (insert tribe) 8,000 ft! maybe it just has a lot of rocks.... old burro moseying around....

yes, it MUST be Spring! sat on the back deck in the sun, adirondak chair still had three inches of ice on it......makes you move really quickly. doctor would be proud.

Hang in there cougar! jealous that you can watch the aurora....
Old 03-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
The janitor showers???? Or is this his bi-annual shower? Maybe the dragon snickered because it can't imagine him in a shower?
Even when I'm not around I get picked on! No one likes me.

Originally Posted by pind
We need to stop needling the janitor about his yearly shower. Remember, it is a public service, that I'm sure he wouldn't mind skipping... I'm due for mine as well, and the semi annual partial shave. Thankfully my chest isn't that big.
Well, at least I have ONE friend! Nice to see someone else besides me has the good sense to conserve water. The showering everyday stuff is nonsense, you're just gonna get dirty again anyway. When my backhair is too matted for the brush to get thru, THEN it's time for a shower!

Sorry about your weather B0b and Stan. It's pretty nasty here too but not as bad as you guys are getting it. 23 and snow right now. Watch out Heidi, it's heading your way!

Gonna go crawl back under my rock now... at least the worms like me.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Even when I'm not around I get picked on! No one likes me.

Well, at least I have ONE friend! Nice to see someone else besides me has the good sense to conserve water. The showering everyday stuff is nonsense, you're just gonna get dirty again anyway. When my backhair is too matted for the brush to get thru, THEN it's time for a shower!

Sorry about your weather B0b and Stan. It's pretty nasty here too but not as bad as you guys are getting it. 23 and snow right now. Watch out Heidi, it's heading your way!

Glad to see you get time to stop in

Sure hope it becomes a habit...clean or dirty you are ALWAYS welcome here!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:20 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Even when I'm not around I get picked on! No one likes me. .....Well, at least I have ONE friend!

No body loves him, everybody hates him, going up the river and eat worms!!!!! Poor baby. Hey, you know we all 'LUV' you, man. Been missing you. Come back home - - no daily digest to keep me intelligent. BOOOO!!!!

As for the weather - - it's tough but someone has to do it. We had 1.4" of rain this morning in less than 1 hour. It came down purdy good.

........more ph00...............................
Old 03-23-2015, 07:48 PM
DTR Mom

Hey chaikwa, good to have ya here. no picking.

have to sap check tomorrow, in the blowing snow. yup, I love it! hopefully enough( sap, not snow) will be available- I can light the fire and hang out in the shack.

winding down on the jeep, just normal tune up r & r. flush tomorrow, then final clean fill. hade to go back to being a wife and make suppa!

ok, night crew, beer battered haddock, sweet potato baked fries, cucumber-pepper-tomato salad, corn bread with honey.

fight for left overs......dessert is where you find it.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:12 AM

Rise and shine, gang - - - coffee, ph00, hot water all fresh and ready. Left some fresh "uglies" on the counter (apple fritters). Enjoy.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:44 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for the Coffee and "Uglies" Bob....amazing how you managed to get them shaped just like Scotty's LEGGS! ...no wonder you call them "uglies"
Old 03-24-2015, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Thanks for the Coffee and "Uglies" Bob....amazing how you managed to get them shaped just like Scotty's LEGGS! ...no wonder you call them "uglies"
Well Hallelujah - - - someone finally recognizes some of my immense talents. (hmmmm, now how do I make them recognize my amazing humility????)
Old 03-24-2015, 07:43 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
LA LA LA LEGGS are part of humility.
Why put them on the counter when you could swing one behind your head and hop around on the other while serving REAL coffee.
Phooey on the Phoo goo.

Supposed to be a mix of freezing rain, sleet and snow today. Heavy snowfall warning issued.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:48 AM
DTR Mom

hard to be humble when you have those tree trunks.....LEGGGS!
made some commercial about that.. planet fitness I believe..... eek

no traffic, so just reporting slow go today on getting started...9 degrees this am.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Made it in to see the Doc this morning. She said I needed to take some pills and go do more therapy. I had that in mind when I got there... Gloomy day, but 70 and strong storms for tomorrow. 20's for lows Friday night and "wintery mix". Don't know whether to cut off some new shorts or put my coat back in the truck.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Trying to figure out if it is cheaper to fix this tailgate, find a used one or get my insurance company involved. Anybody have any idea what a new or used tailgate costs?
They are not cheap and even more expensive up North of the US border. If the tailgate is not too bad you could try and straighten it then use a stainless steel cover for the top. I have done this before by placing the tailgate on the ground on a piece of thin carpet then pounding with a 10 lbs sledge hammer onto a 2x6 to spread the impact, I did one that was pushed in 3- 4 inches and you could barely tell afterwards, no paint and no filler.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:13 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Been to busy to post. Came for some stale coffee and stale uglies. Stale or not, it hit the spot.

Gorgeous day here today. Yesterday and today was 30C. That is 86F for you folks that still use that obsolete measurement system. Just came in from washing my wife's car and it was almost too hot for that because things dried too fast.

chaikwa, you have it all wrong. Did it ever occur to you that if we did not care for you, did not love you, that you would be ignored? So we pick on you to show how much we care - or is that not care?

The tailgate for my truck is with my body guy. He has been doing body work on all the family vehicles now for maybe 12 years and I trust him. He does really good work and his paint jobs are better than factory. He quoted 3,800 pesos (about US$255)to fix it. Not worth going thru insurance for that. He is confident that he can remove the big curve at the top of the tailgate. Get it back on Saturday.

JWBM, you got that Jeep purring yet? Hope the guy that messed up the engine had the decency to refund some of your money.

Quick Reply: Spring is Sprung breakroom 3/22-3/29