Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Spring is Sprung breakroom 3/22-3/29

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 07:12 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Spring is Sprung breakroom 3/22-3/29

Man, that must have been some party. Nobody's around yet. I hear buzz saws in the bushes.

Bacon and eggs ready to go. Coffee's on, Phoo for you know who. Let the dragon out for a little exercise.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:20 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings
I'll be back home today. Back home to snow and blowing snow?!?!
Thats just wrong.

Double the spheres!
Old 03-22-2015, 07:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
70 yesterday, so I had fun cleaning, polishing, and yanking weeds. Confirmed dead batteries in things. Yup Spring is here...Wx guy on TV just spoke of snow this coming weekend. Guess I was bit premature.

Have a great week!
Old 03-22-2015, 08:25 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by sherod
70 yesterday, so I had fun cleaning, polishing, and yanking weeds. Confirmed dead batteries in things. Yup Spring is here...Wx guy on TV just spoke of snow this coming weekend. Guess I was bit premature.

Have a great week!
Weather yoyo for sure.
Seems like the extremes are happening more at home than usual.
I better drive into that crud.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:28 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we are watching the blizzard outside. so hard it interrupted a download a few times, could not see the barn.

oh , yeah my CA cousin sent me pics of the 80s degree week fun they had.

must be March in Western new York.

glad to hear about the sun existing in other parts of the country, we sure have had weather woes all over!

After Larry's liquid apple pie, I had grits this morning. just seemed right.

nice to have tweedle dee {blake} and tweedle deer {eric} visit! woke this board up some!!!!yeah, get it.....
Old 03-22-2015, 09:23 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning all. Thanks for the coffee.

Sorry to hear that so many of you are still experiencing the remnants of winter. That really sucks. At least you are not living on The Canadian east coast.

Photographic proof that Canada's east coast is basically the ice planet Hoth right now - Trending - CBC News

I am really mad at myself today. Did something extra stupid yesterday. maybe some of you can relate - or maybe not. Was on my own property and backing up to an area that I have backed into many times, but this time was more to the right than normal. There are a lot of trees there and the area I was backing into has some low pine branches which obscures my vision. Cutting a long story short, I backed into a leaning tree that hit the top of the tailgate and caved it in. Stupid tree did not even touch the bumper. Now trying to figure out if it is cheaper to fix this tailgate, find a used one or get my insurance company involved. Anybody have any idea what a new or used tailgate costs?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Still above seasonal temperatures. Ice is almost gone along with what little snow we had. Got patches of grass greening up and trees budding. Lot and lots of blowing dust.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon, sniffers. Can't believe all that garbage up north - - mercy. We are having a lousy day here, too. It is up to 82 degrees again and the sun is soooo bright it hurts my eyes. Some clouds moving in to bring some needed rain. That should cool it down a bit - - the pond on the ranch is down about a foot. Only one gator yesterday but it was about a 10'er. He could eat a bunch of fish. GGGRRRR

Grabbing a ph00 and out of here. Be careful up there.

Bob
Old 03-22-2015, 04:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Up to about 68 today and tommoro then rain the rest of the week Gona time up atv and lawnmower this week. Gota spread some more rock on the parking area o get out of the mud.

Latter
Old 03-22-2015, 06:57 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chisled out foam from valve train, jeep engine pistons, main bearings, ect. looked brand new except bronze color from veneering (heat, wrong oil, cheap chemical? )

valve train went mm by mm to scrape. took a ride to seller. west Virginia man who my gut said was honest. his son told him to put in sea foam. he bought spray foam. hard work is done, now run some motor flush through a few filters and hope the portals get cleared. then check the valve train.
not how I wanted to spend my weekend....

sap, Harley love, finish some bills-------all stuff enjoyable to do!

impeccable phone timing- caught the janitor in the shower.
even the dragon snickered....
Old 03-22-2015, 08:19 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
chisled out foam from valve train, jeep engine pistons, main bearings, ect. looked brand new except bronze color from veneering (heat, wrong oil, cheap chemical? )

valve train went mm by mm to scrape. took a ride to seller. west Virginia man who my gut said was honest. his son told him to put in sea foam. he bought spray foam. hard work is done, now run some motor flush through a few filters and hope the portals get cleared. then check the valve train.
not how I wanted to spend my weekend....

sap, Harley love, finish some bills-------all stuff enjoyable to do!

impeccable phone timing- caught the janitor in the shower.
even the dragon snickered....

The janitor showers???? Or is this his bi-annual shower? Maybe the dragon snickered because it can't imagine him in a shower?

Man Heidi, you just can't catch a break, can you? Spray foam in an engine???? Whodathunk! That must have made a horrible mess! Can understand that it is not how your wanted to spend your weekend, plus the lousy weather on top of that.

After your weekend I had better not mention that I had a similar problem to Ph00Bob. The bright sunshine hurt the eyes. Beautiful day otherwise. In fact, almost perfect. Had lunch with friends outside as usual on a Sunday afternoon.

Heading out early tomorrow to do more battle with government bureaucrats over their stooopid paperwork and inane requirements.

Trying to catch up on some required reading, but too darn busy.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:28 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Well, lets pretend spring is here, just shy of 18 degrees c in the sun today, 10c in the shade. The melt is on. Still getting below 0 at night, so it is a somewhat controlled melt. Welcome to browntown for the season. Mud and mud and mud.

We need to stop needling the janitor about his yearly shower. Remember, it is a public service, that I'm sure he wouldn't mind skipping... I'm due for mine as well, and the semi annual partial shave. Thankfully my chest isn't that big.

Have fun, and remember, at least you're still around to dislike the weather.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:34 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Bunch of lazies this morning. Stopped in a while ago and no ph00, so left to get ready to head out. Soooo, here again - - - and no ph00. OK, coffee, ph00, hot water are on. Come and get it.

Grabbing my ph00 ...............................and gone to get smart(er). ...
Old 03-23-2015, 07:35 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by pind

Have fun, and remember, at least you're still around to dislike the weather.
Well said

Good morning folks, Cracker Barrel is supplying breakfast this morning and there is plenty of hot coffee and several flavors of Phoo this morning.

Stop in and grab a plate, have a SAFE week!
Old 03-23-2015, 08:53 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Made it home with high winds ice and snow for the last 25 mi.
Another storm developing for later today. Big dump of snow mixed with rain.
Hundreds of vehicles ditched.

Glad I'm home.

Olive ewe hanyday

Quick Reply: Spring is Sprung breakroom 3/22-3/29