Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Social Security Reform

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My point of this post was not were the money comes from, etc......but whose getting the money. If you looked at the charts on the SSA website, it's darn sure not JUST the ones that paid in for 45 years like I did. It's the low-life's, druggies and foreigners that have weaseled their way in to the system. It won't change a thing, but you can bet my email bombardment to the other weasels in Washington will start this week.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that's a pretty general statment. I take it you have no problem with our forgien aid policy. 7bil here, 5bil there that's alright but don't give anything to an American Citizen in this country trying to find some sort of gainful employment for themselves or trying to go back to school to better themselves. Sure can't do it on what you would make at Wally World. Also all of the widows whose husbands were killed in the 'Great Hunt' for WMD, are you saying that their children are not entitled to SS??? They haven,t contributed!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 04:08 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dezeldog
That's my point, SS doesn't need to be fixed that money just needs to be put to use for what it was intended and not the General Fund. Also if we could get the Senators and Congress people to contribute to SS that would 'bout fix 'er for good. You see they don't pay SS they have their own retirement program that pays them their salary for the reat of their life and if they die wifey gets it for the rest of hers. Now for the good part what does it cost for such a program you ask, not one read cent. We the tax payers pick up the tab on that. Great deal-----for them.
They have been sneaking these "benefits" into bills for years now. This one probably was attached to a federal road funding bill.....
Old 08-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Chapter President

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dezeldog
[B]Wow that's a pretty general statment. I take it you have no problem with our forgien aid policy. 7bil here, 5bil there that's alright but don't give anything to an American Citizen in this country trying to find some sort of gainful employment for themselves or trying to go back to school to better themselves. Sure can't do it on what you would make at Wally World.

This is SS, not unemployment benefits.................

"Also all of the widows whose husbands were killed in the 'Great Hunt' for WMD, are you saying that their children are not entitled to SS??? They haven,t contributed!!!"

Where do these folks come under the heading of "low-lifes, druggies and foreigners"?

And yes, I do have problems with some of our foreign aid as to where it goes. That's tax money (supposedly) not the money that I paid into SS for help with retirement.

How many of the charts did you look at? Try going down to some of the SSA offices and hang around awhile.

And please, no "bleeding hearts" for the "underprivileged". Few, if any, of those people were raised any poorer then I was. I've never drawn unemployment, been on welfare or any kind of assistance and educated my on kids by myself. So yes, it ticks me off to see a bunch of leaches out there taking from the working class.

I even worked hard enough to buy myself a new Ram CTD a few years ago.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:16 AM

good for you
Old 08-10-2005, 05:04 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Originally posted by dezeldog
... Also if we could get the Senators and Congress people to contribute to SS that would 'bout fix 'er for good. You see they don't pay SS they have their own retirement program that pays them their salary for the reat of their life and if they die wifey gets it for the rest of hers. Now for the good part what does it cost for such a program you ask, not one read cent. We the tax payers pick up the tab on that. Great deal-----for them.

this is an old rumor that isnt true, tho they do get a pretty good deal...

Lawmakers do pay 8 percent of their salaries into their pension system, although this only compensates for about 1/5 of the typical lifetime benefit. We cover the rest as taxpayers.

Member of Congress began to pay into Social Security in 1983, as part of a government-wide pension overhaul.

In addition, Members of Congress DO NOT draw the “same pension†as their pay in the last year of office as suggested in a rumor circulating on the Internet; only federal judges do that under the term “retirement pay.†Still, the formula is quite generous, and, with 20-25 years, a Member of Congress could retire with up to 80 percent of his or her salary replaced. Of course, the only cap on how fast their benefits rise is the rate of increase in CPI. For this reason, Congressional pensions can and frequently do exceed a Member’s final salary, but only after a few years in retirement, when COLAS begin to kick in.

In the final analysis, Congressional pension benefits are 2-3 times more generous than what a similarly-salaried executive could expect to receive upon retiring from the private sector. That ought to be enough to concern any taxpayer.

Additional information concerning pay and perks is available in NTUF Policy Paper 131.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 AM

Chrisreyn, Thank you for the correction. Next time I'll do some research before I post. Thanx again

Jim
Old 08-10-2005, 12:49 PM

By law, there can be no surplus in the Social Security reserves. After all monies are paid out, any surplus is placed into the general fund.

For a pretty good explaination on how Social Security works, read this article.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:24 PM

Thank you TomW, that was some very interesting reading.

Jim
Old 08-11-2005, 12:14 AM

I'm with you Crobtex something has to change or I at 43 am never going to see any benifit..............(like I count on the Government to take care of me)...............NOT A CHANCE!

Rick
Old 08-11-2005, 12:56 AM

Soc Sec .has become the " new " welfare roll !!! My wife has been in mortgages for 10 yrs now and it makes me sick the amount of fully capable people on "assistance " !! I have seen numerous entire families including the kids receiving benefits they NEVER even paid into ,all you need is a hook up in the office or a lawyer and wammo instant free lunch !!! I can't receive a dime till I am 67 after paying into the piggy bank for yrs !! Better stop now ....been labeled as a "liberal " now I will be looked at as a Republican .
Old 08-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Chapter President

CLOSE THE BORDER !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latinos push whites out of majority

TOM FOX/DMN
Students are dismissed at Garcia Elementary, a Grand Prairie school where 90 percent of students last year were Hispanic.Texas is officially a majority-minority state with a distinctly cafe-con-leche hue, thanks largely to Latino population growth. Non-Hispanic whites dipped under the majority mark in Texas, around July 2004, the U.S. Census Bureau said Thursday. And minorities now make up about 50.2 percent of the state's population, heralding further wide-ranging changes in commerce and culture, education and politics.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:09 AM

the thing that realy gets me mad is the dead beats that collect soc.sec. my neighbor has a brother that gets a full check, he says he heres voices. he is nothing more than a bum. but the worst part is he thinks he gets by just fine. i was like sure keith you get by fine on my money, charlies money. there is no shame at all in being a begger, at least not to him. it is a acceptable way to get by. i really think we need to rethink what has been happening the last 40 years. the human race is the only race on earth that promotes the weak. the rest of nature would be extinct with our policys.