Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

so is someone going to make a DTR T-Shirt??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:so is someone going to make a DTR T-Shirt??

hehehe, I need to grow my hair back out and pull out my Cinderella tapes, along with some Night Ranger. :
Old 12-14-2002, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta love the Haze Gray with black letters !!!<br><br> I hope the hats will be high quality ones. I have a box full of cheesey looking hats with a $5 patch sewn on a 59 cent hat that doesn't hold shape.<br><br>I have a Dodge Ram hat (Diamler-Chrysler endorsed) hat made by Checkered Flag Sports that is real nice. <br> <br> If we can get the grey shirts ... I'll take 2 Mediums and if the hats are decent ... I'll take one. <br><br>PISTOL
Old 12-14-2002, 09:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote author=dieseldude4x4 link=board=10;threadid=8208;start=15#80207 date=1039874295]<br> Good one Dennis. <br><br>Here is what I have so far:<br>I am getting a round DTR logo from Java.<br><br>Dennis is sending me the Six in a row logo in a file and has agreed to let me use his shirt if needed for the Six in a row design.<br><br>Sounds like the preference for the shirt is white.<br><br>Do I understand that these are to be Tee shirts and not like sweat shirts?<br><br>Is there any interest in hats with the DTR logo while I am at it?<br><br>For those that would like shirt(s) and or a hat(s), please PM me with your preferences in size, color, number of each, and any other info like if you want your site name under the logo or whatever. I will start a list that I can take to the shirt place from that.<br><br>What I will do is go and find out the cost and keep everyone posted on that. I will have a prototype (cool) made up and take pics of it to post before the rest are made to make sure it is what everyone wants if I can pull that off. I'm sure the price will be lower if we buy in mass, I would think so anyway.<br><br>More to follow.<br>[/quote]<br><br>The Six in a row design was designed by me for the previous shirts and approved by Jack. It would only seem appropriate to get permission to use the same design. Many hours were put into it.<br><br>Mike
Old 12-14-2002, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Yep this is true. Sorry to make this a pain guys, but if you want to use the logo, it's ok with me, we can work on the details but the logo must remain unchanged. If you want to use the 6 in a row design, you must obtain permission from Marine. I would recommend contacting him privately and getting with him on this. I think the shirts would be real nice, but the yucky stuff has to be taken care of as well. There is no reason to be discouraged here, we just need to get through some red tape once you guys decide on a design.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:14 AM

i would want a few XL grey shirts when these are made-<br><br> since there are alot of people who want white, and alot who want grey, perhaps both can be made to please everyone??<br><br> would it be a problem to make both color shirts?<br><br>
Old 12-14-2002, 02:10 PM

I agree with the long sleeve grey with 6 in a row on back and DTR logo on front.<br><br>I'll take 2 in 3XLT size [aka..normal size LOL]
Old 12-14-2002, 11:25 PM
Administrator

OK folks, here's the deal, I volunteered to take this project on as a service to help out my friends on this site. There was a common interest in developing a cool shirt that would help represent the site and promote Dodge Trucks. I am not a lawyer and do not profess to know any the legalities of copyrighting and use of peoples logos and all of that. I am not going to start any battles or arguments on this issue and if there is any objection from logo owners as to the use of the information people want on the shirts, I will drop this issue right now. I will not get the shirt from Dennis to use as discussed earlier and don't even want to see it.<br><br>With that said, I am putting this project on hold until I get written permission from everyone that owns any of the information that you want on the shirts. Jack has stated that he did not care if we use the DTR logo in a post on the site as long as he got to see the shirts before they were developed. Is that legal enough? Does this also mean that I have to get DC's permission to put a picture of their truck on the shirt?<br><br>I have sent Marine a PM asking permission to use the &quot;Six In A Row Built To Tow&quot; logo. I also requested a correct copy of the logo, since he designed it, if he grants permission to use it. I had no idea who owned the logo when I started this so I'm sorry if anyone is offended. <br><br>I talked to Ramminon (Keith) today at a meeting we had in Williamsburg and he has a source for making up the shirts if I proceed. When and if I get permission to use all the logos, I will ask Keith to see what type of shirts are available. Some have already requested gray shirts in long and short sleeve both. What I will do, when and if I get permission, is develop a simple order form to e-mail to anyone that wants shirt(s) and hat(s). That form will be returned to me and will be proof of your order. Someone mentioned quality in an earlier post, this will be quality stuff or I will not continue.<br><br>I'll keep you posted on the progess of the project whether it goes on or dies. I'm not making a penny on this and do not intend to and I am trying to keep the cost reasonable so everyone can have one. We'll see where it goes from here.<br>Sorry to vent here but I've got better things to do than fight stuff I don't have any control over.<br><br>Joel Williams
Old 12-15-2002, 01:05 AM

I want to thank you Dieseldude4x4 for what you are doing. It is very nice and unheard of that a person these days go out of their way to help others. Have a merry Christmas.<br>Thanks again<br>DM01
Old 12-15-2002, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Joel,

I'll be the first to say that I appreciate the effort you're putting forth to get the shirts made. I have no problem with that.

You have to understand that without some kind of control in place, then I'm pretty much allowing anyone to make any kind of shirt they'd like with our logo on it, and without any kind of quality standard. I don't want that to happen. I'm not saying you'll do that, but I have to treat everyone equally, and I have to protect the integrity of the site. Whether you like it or not, those are the realities of taking on such a project.

You're not the first person who's had to deal with it. Ask Marine how long it took us to do that last shirt, for very much the same reasons. No, if you use a picture of a Dodge Ram on a shirt, DC isn't going to come after you, but you darn well better have permission before using their logo. Am I overparanoid? Maybe, but that's my job...

Like I said, your work is appreciated. Don't doubt that, but as I said before, be prepared to deal with this kind of junk if you take on such a project. I don't like it either, but it has to be done.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Jack:<br><br>Being in the Nuclear industry, I know all about breaking rules and regulations but I have to know what they are first so I don't break them. No one said anything about this (copyrights or anything) until after I started working on getting everything together. If I don't know it is broke, I can't fix it. Now that I know this, I don't have a problem working with all the owners of the logos everyone wants to use. <br><br>As far as the quality goes, if it doesn't pass my standards, no one will see them till they do. I will go until I find the quality I want or I will not have them made up. My name will be associated with the end product and you can bet it will be good. Provided I get everything worked out, I will send you one (shirt and hat) before I continue.<br><br>I'll keep everyone posted.<br><br>Joel
Old 12-15-2002, 12:53 PM
Administrator

That's cool Joel. Like I said, I appreciate you taking the lead on this because if I were in charge of it, it would never get done. Believe me, I know it's a pain, but in the end, I think everyone will be happy with their new shirts!!! ;D
Old 12-15-2002, 03:03 PM

[quote author=Jack Thorpe link=board=10;threadid=8208;start=30#80603 date=1039978421]<br>That's cool Joel. Like I said, I appreciate you taking the lead on this because if I were in charge of it, it would never get done. Believe me, I know it's a pain, but in the end, I think everyone will be happy with their new shirts!!! ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah, don't let Jack pick the design. Those long sleeves will have &quot;Cinderella&quot; down the arm and the hats will have long hair extensions in them... (Just check his previous post!) ;D<br><br>Tony
Old 12-15-2002, 05:21 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I suppose I could put up with the long hair on the hats, so long as there are cup holders and a straw.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:35 PM
DPG

Scotty wants a pouch in front for the George Foreman Grill ;D
Old 12-15-2002, 06:40 PM
Administrator

[quote author=dieseldude4x4 link=board=10;threadid=8208;start=0#80086 date=1039831392]<br>I will ask the people who have the shirts with the Six in a row logo to ship one to me to take the the shirt place and see if they can copy it.<br>[/quote]<br><br>What is this six in a row thing? If it's an image that is owned by someone, we can't just copy it without violating copyright laws. Do we have permission to use the image? If so, there may be specifications we need to adhere to in order to use it.

Quick Reply: so is someone going to make a DTR T-Shirt??