Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

So I have 'not so perfect' credit with a near 800 FICO, it was a suprise to hear.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I have never missed a payment in my 20 or so years of having a credit history. I still can't get to an 800 on my score. Mine all are within the 740-760 range. I never have a problem getting money if I need it though. I have a couple pages of line items on my reports and every one says "Paid in Full" but my debt to income ratio is what keeps my score down...
Thats the other thing I don't understand. My fathers has zero debt, but makes his purchases with his C. cards and pays them off. His debt to income is like 95/5 and he cant seem to EVER get over 760. Mine on the other hand is 60/40 and have a higher FICO score than him. It never makes sence.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:27 AM

My wife didn't even have a job for the last 7 years and here score was better than mine!!! LOL

For me, I really don't care about mine anymore as long as I can get the $$$ if I need it. I'm trying to be smarter and pay cash instead of using CCs though. You always "plan" on paying it off quickly but eventually you start just paying a little at a time and the next thing you know years have gone by and you still owe.....
Old 05-30-2009, 01:56 PM

Thats because a credit rating is different than a credit score. A credit score means nothing the credit rating is used to see how much money they will make off you.

If they know you pay things off quickly and don't carry balances, it is not in any banks interest to take the time to loan you money if their return is not going to be good off it.

Simple business for many places.

Stick with a credit union if you want loans, they almost always strictly go off the credit number and not off the mumbo jumbo rating of lets analyze your history and see how much cash we can squeeze from you.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Chapter President

800 credit score.....wow! Won't even mention what I've got! I'm like Dodgezilla, pay cash, if I don't have enough cash apparently I don't need it at the moment. I'll come back when I have more cash. Did a $5k conversion on my truck, bought wheels, tires, adapters, bed all for cash. Paid off when I bought it, did'nt pay anybody extra money for pushing buttons. Got my house, several old cars I maintain to keep alive. Also have a business, same thing applies, pay cash or check on what is actually in the account. Sure, would'nt mind spending about 5K on some more things but not essential at the moment.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Timmay2
Thats because a credit rating is different than a credit score. A credit score means nothing the credit rating is used to see how much money they will make off you.

If they know you pay things off quickly and don't carry balances, it is not in any banks interest to take the time to loan you money if their return is not going to be good off it.

Simple business for many places.

Stick with a credit union if you want loans, they almost always strictly go off the credit number and not off the mumbo jumbo rating of lets analyze your history and see how much cash we can squeeze from you.

Yeah that's what she was trying to tell me, I just didn't know about this other system. I guess they have a meter that deciphers how easy it is to stick it to ya so they can make money off you.

Anything I buy on credit I pay extra on my notes at the beginning so they don't make much interest off me . I guess they don't like that . It kinda irritated me when she wouldn't consider giving me a line of credit until I ran up some revolving debt (which doesn't make sense to me) but I understand the 'gotta pay to play' way they do things.

It looks like instead of forking the cash over to fix my junky frontend in my truck I'll put it on a new card and pay the minimal on it for awhile so they make some money off me.