Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

So, found something interesting the other day.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, found something interesting the other day.....

Last weekend I was spraying my pasture for weeds. Driving along on the tractor, I noticed a tennis shoe in the field. No big deal, probably kids partying. Then I found a shirt and jeans, with bones near them. We've had a couple cows die this year, but I thought I'd check it out. So, I get off the tractor and start looking. In a nearby drainage ditch I find almost an entire skeleton, and then as I'm turning around, I notice a round, white object about 20 yards away. Yup, it's a skull. Needless to say, that was the end of spraying for the day. County sheriff, OSBI, and medical examiner shut us down and roped off nearly an acre of a crime scene. You hear about this all the time, but it's kind of weird when it happens to you. Local LEO's say they found an ID in the pocket and are "familiar" with the individual. He had a relative who lived in the area. I'm pretty interested to find out who he was and how he died.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:38 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
As you say, interesting, but that ain't no fun!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Man, that's crappy...
Old 05-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Man, that's crappy...
I think it is spelled "CREEPY."
Old 05-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
I think it is spelled "CREEPY."
^^^^ This!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Many years back my wife and I were driving along a dirt road along the river in our 4x4 when we encountered the smell of human decomposing flesh. If you have smelled it as many times as I have you know immediately that it isn't a dead animal of any kind.

We drove into town and i made an anonymous phone call from a pay phone so I would not immediately become their #1 suspect and we watched the news waiting to see what came of it.

Turns out a young College girl had been missing and was brutally murdered, what we encountered were her remains. Sad to be right, I had hoped my nose was wrong but at the same time we were happy to have been instrumental in helping to give the Family some closure. Another day or two and there was a good chance that body never would have been found.

I don't recall if they ever caught the person that killed her, I am thinking they did but can't really say for certain.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tchdodg
Last weekend I was spraying my pasture for weeds. Driving along on the tractor, I noticed a tennis shoe in the field. No big deal, probably kids partying. Then I found a shirt and jeans, with bones near them. We've had a couple cows die this year, but I thought I'd check it out. So, I get off the tractor and start looking. In a nearby drainage ditch I find almost an entire skeleton, and then as I'm turning around, I notice a round, white object about 20 yards away. Yup, it's a skull. Needless to say, that was the end of spraying for the day. County sheriff, OSBI, and medical examiner shut us down and roped off nearly an acre of a crime scene. You hear about this all the time, but it's kind of weird when it happens to you. Local LEO's say they found an ID in the pocket and are "familiar" with the individual. He had a relative who lived in the area. I'm pretty interested to find out who he was and how he died.
Yes, creepy and crappy.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Many years back my wife and I were driving along a dirt road along the river in our 4x4 when we encountered the smell of human decomposing flesh. If you have smelled it as many times as I have you know immediately that it isn't a dead animal of any kind. "

We noticed the same thing while riding fences back in August of last year, when we first leased this place. We didn't see anything then, but were paying more attention to the fences. Let's just say the previous leasee has a colorful past. Might be a connection. who knows.